Florida wins so Carnival can sail with kids

lobster1313

5 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Suddenly the Mardi Gras feels crowded. lol Things are getting back to normal. I am so glad!  Gonna spring for that drink package...

Go for it! You'll be glad you did. 🍹

30 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

but but but... You can't assume vaccinations. Vaccinations aren't required for planes, trains, automobiles.

Vaccinations aren't required for planes and trains and buses, but you know what is? Masks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

Some things become outdated.  Worked for many years and experienced the same thing - by the time you are finished with a project, it is obsolete. 

We all need to get back to managing ourselves without assistance.

The problem is this involves managing other people.  You have some of the posts in this thread.  If you were on a ship with them, would you trust them to even report symptoms?  Much less follow any "voluntary" rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The CDC did "detain" vessels for 8 months, not 15 (the length of the "no sail order", but during the "no sail order" the way to obtain "free pratique" was available to the cruise lines, as outlined in the April 2020 amendment, where the lines were given the opportunity to submit an application for "free pratique" which could have been granted to individual ships or lines on a case by case basis.  The ships could have been sailing long ago, under the same conditions that the lines are currently working with.  

The way foe the industry to obtain that was untenable.  All part of why the cdc went down in flames.   We can debate your comment on could have been sailing long ago.  As Ihave said many times, my 100% belief is that the CDC intended foe the industry NOT to cruise.  At the end of the day, we will see how it works out.  The industry is ready to work together (that is where both sides talk and work for a common solution as opposed to one giving orders and not responding to questions), hopefully the CDC will put their big boy pants on. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Come on, you might not like reality, but at least face it.  The world is in a health emergency.  It will not be over until the variants stop and immunity is at a much higher rate , including for the variants.  Yes, things are better, but it really would not take much to push us the other way if we ignore the situation.

Oh well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rabidstoat said:

Vaccinations aren't required for planes and trains and buses, but you know what is? Masks. 

When was the last time you spent 7 days with the same people who are getting off at foreign ports and coming back on any plane, train or bus?  Regardless of what you think about the rules, the CDC, Florida or the Governor I do not understand why some people cannot see that a cruise ship is not the same as other modes of transportation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Radiioman46 said:

Oh well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Yes we do.  And that is what scares me.  Two totally different views of an objective fact, and we cannot agree on what is real.  We used to disagree about our opinions, now we can't even agree on what is real.

• Like 1

Just now, MrMarc said:

Yes we do.  And that is what scares me.  Two totally different views of an objective fact, and we cannot agree on what is real.  We used to disagree about our opinions, now we can't even agree on what is real.

You're assuming your position is real and mine is not.   Now, since you don't even recognize that, hmmmmm,,,,,,,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

When was the last time you spent 7 days with the same people who are getting off at foreign ports and coming back on any plane, train or bus?  Regardless of what you think about the rules, the CDC, Florida or the Governor I do not understand why some people cannot see that a cruise ship is not the same as other modes of transportation.

Start with a cruise ship isn't transportation and doesn't fall under TSA.

• Like 2

I am happy to cruise with only vaccinated to start if that means no masks. I don't want to wear masks, social distance and all the other hoopla that comes with vaccines not mandatory on a cruise.   Just let us cruise vaccinated, which is likely to work well. Then gradually open up from there as they see what works and what doesn't.

I agree with Mr. Marc some of your comments scare me with the likelihood that you wont follow whatever "rules" are put into place on the ships.  There will always be those who believe they are above the rules if they disagree with them. 

I am just happy to be cruising again and hope they can prove it is safe and gradually reopen fully as safety is assured over time.  Happy to be vaccinated and cruising on a fully vax'd ship in July. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Yes, they are totally different.  On a plane, I am stuck sitting within inches of an untested person for hours on end, all the while they fiddle with their mask that they probably haven't washed in weeks.

On a cruise, I am not stuck sitting next to another person if they cough, sneeze, or in any way seem sick.  I can walk away.  That's a huge difference.  Plus, if they test the person before boarding, I am a heck of a lot safer cruising with that person than I ever was sitting next to an untested person on a plane.  I don't know how people can think cruises are less safe than sitting next to untested people on a plane.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

Scares me, too. People have been conditioned to reject anything they don’t agree with or don’t want to hear as false. It is a challenge to present real information.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

And they will. And they won't be able to put it all on the CDC. 

and I am ok with that-free market and customers will determine what risk level they are comfortable with. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

There is absolutely nothing the militant lefties hate more than being told that everyone has to play by the same rules. Baseless fear, emotion, and opinion not overriding our laws is somehow preposterous. How can special treatment not apply to the thing their friends and the media agree with? It's SCIENCE you know!

You just described the militant right

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

The problem is this involves managing other people.  You have some of the posts in this thread.  If you were on a ship with them, would you trust them to even report symptoms?  Much less follow any "voluntary" rules.

Probably will be the same as filling out the the previous health forms.  Honestly, I'm not any more worried about other people than I have always been.  I trust anything overt or noticeable will be handled.  I understand there will always be those that don't or won't follow guidelines, because they have existed way before now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

There is absolutely nothing the militant lefties hate more than being told that everyone has to play by the same rules. Baseless fear, emotion, and opinion not overriding our laws is somehow preposterous. How can special treatment not apply to the thing their friends and the media agree with? It's SCIENCE you know!

completely unnecessary comment. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

You're assuming your position is real and mine is not.   Now, since you don't even recognize that, hmmmmm,,,,,,,

No, I am not.  Honestly.  Of course I think mine is correct, but that does not prove it is.  Your's could be correct and I could be wrong.  And it is happening on a lot of issues, not just COVID.  

3 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

completely unnecessary comment. 

Maybe more salt in a wound that was called for. However, all we've heard for months is lectures on law, science, and morality Then when the actual system is challenged on all of these fronts, we find that it was all baseless (like many of us said). So it's not around those principles, it's around wanting special treatment when you feel your emotions warrant it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Probably will be the same as filling out the the previous health forms.  Honestly, I'm not any more worried about other people than I have always been.  I trust anything overt or noticeable will be handled.  I understand there will always be those that don't or won't follow guidelines, because they have existed way before now.

But the possible bad result is much more serious than it has ever been, so the effect is much more serious.

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Maybe more salt in a wound that was called for. However, all we've heard for months is lectures on law, science, and morality Then when the actual system is challenged on all of these fronts, we find that it was all baseless (like many of us said). So it's not around those principles, it's around wanting special treatment when you feel your emotions warrant it.

There are no innocents.

33 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

hopefully the CDC will put their big boy pants on. 

Same goes with Florida law. 

how about we get the CDC AND Florida out of the way and let the cruise lines manage their business

i actually think it would be useful to have some cruises fully vaccinated and some not. Then we can determine the best course of action

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

And what are you going to say when they come in properly prepared next time.  The science exists, I know you won't believe it, but it is available.  The CDC has references on it's website and I have heard it discussed during the vaccine recommendation meetings,  I have also independently found it online. I have no idea why those attorneys were not better prepared, but I have seen that happen before.  But I also agree that this will be their third pitch, if they miss, they are out. 

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

If anyone believes that the cruise lines will give any more than lip service to "vaccinated cruises" after this ruling, you're living in an alternate reality.  They will go with voluntary statements regarding vaccination, and hope nothing happens.  As they always have.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Internet winner of the day! 

The real question is, do they have the chutzpah to think they can control the outcome of such a wayward virus on their ships with mere hope? A daunting task to be sure. Transitioning from the present calculated risk position to flat out gambling and hoping for the best, might not be the best course for longevity and continuity.      

• Like 2