Anyone know how we prove vaccine status on Edge yet?

I figured they'd ask in my check-in stuff online.  I was all ready to present my vaccine card pictures there, but there was nothing about vaccine status there.  I hope they aren't planning to wait till we get to the port for that info... that could lead to all sorts of dopey nonsense I don't want to be a part of...  

• Like 1

From what I understand if you volunteer to provide it at the port you will be in the vaccinated pool, otherwise please step in to the other line and present your required PCR test results and we hope you can board as part of the 5% allowable.

For the first couple of Edge sailings Celebrity has been calling to ask if you are vaccinated and remind you to bring your verification along with you.  I think they are trying to gauge the number who may be unwilling to present verification to explain the restrictions to prevent any dopey nonsense.

• Like 2

I think OP was talking about uploading the photo during online checkin and was surprised that wasn't requested.   But your point is important, only original documentation (no copies/photos) are accepted at checkin at the port.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

OP you said you were ready to present vaccine card pictures, I thought you had to present the actual vaccine card not a photo.  

This was how I guessed they’d do it to get around Florida law saying they can’t ask.  I’m perfectly willing to prove I got the vaccines.  I just want to know how it’s done. 

• Like 1

Unless you are on the Saturday departure I'm sure we will hear this weekend how exactly it is handled.  If you are on the sailing this week then just have it with you and be prepared to present it.

I'm usually a planner, for this trip I've decided it's all out of my hands and have to go with the flow.

• Like 2

I guess we won't truly KNOW until the Edge sails this weekend.

From my call to Celebrity, I was told you present your original vaccine card at your health assessment on debarkation day at the port (scheduled in 30 min blocks) or you go into the line of unvaccinated and go through those protocols.  This is one reason the Edge has delayed departure from 3:30 / 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to give adequate time to process people without over crowding the cruise terminal building.

Will this be different on sailaway day?  I'm sure.  Things seem to be changing regularly.  

13 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

I guess we won't truly KNOW until the Edge sails this weekend.

From my call to Celebrity, I was told you present your original vaccine card at your health assessment on debarkation day at the port (scheduled in 30 min blocks) or you go into the line of unvaccinated and go through those protocols.  This is one reason the Edge has delayed departure from 3:30 / 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to give adequate time to process people without over crowding the cruise terminal building.

Will this be different on sailaway day?  I'm sure.  Things seem to be changing regularly.  

So let's say that the ship sails with 1000 passengers.  And that might be an over estimate.  So they could allow 50 people (5%) on board to go through these alternative tests and protocols.  I am betting that far less than 50 people will show up without vaccine documents.  Maybe the majority kids.  Very few unvaccinated adults I think.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So let's say that the ship sails with 1000 passengers.  And that might be an over estimate.  So they could allow 50 people (5%) on board to go through these alternative tests and protocols.  I am betting that far less than 50 people will show up without vaccine documents.  Maybe the majority kids.  Very few unvaccinated adults I think.

It looks like more in the 1400-1500 range. Even with the staggered arrival times to thin the crowd in the terminal, I'm willing to bet most just show up whenever they want. It will be interesting to see how they actually manage it or if it's just a free for all.  If someone shows up 3 hours early and has to wait outside we'll have the SXM airport thread, PEV version 🤣

Just showing up will likely create a mess and as you suggest possibly  long wait outside.  After waiting over 15 months to cruise again, waiting another hour or two comfortably at a hotel, restaurant, mall or home to board shouldn’t  be that hard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just showing up will likely create a mess and as you suggest possibly  long wait outside.  After waiting over 15 months to cruise again, waiting another hour or two comfortably at a hotel, restaurant, mall or home to board shouldn’t  be that hard.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cruising Forever! said:

I figured they'd ask in my check-in stuff online.  I was all ready to present my vaccine card pictures there, but there was nothing about vaccine status there.  I hope they aren't planning to wait till we get to the port for that info... that could lead to all sorts of dopey nonsense I don't want to be a part of...  

Call and have them put it in your reservation.My invoice states we have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Call and have them put it in your reservation.My invoice states we have been vaccinated.

Did your invoice come from a Travel agency?

The online check in information from X states that you must bring your original vaccination card with you to check in at the pier. I'm not sure that showing your invoice would be a valid substitute.

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It looks like more in the 1400-1500 range. Even with the staggered arrival times to thin the crowd in the terminal, I'm willing to bet most just show up whenever they want. It will be interesting to see how they actually manage it or if it's just a free for all.  If someone shows up 3 hours early and has to wait outside we'll have the SXM airport thread, PEV version 🤣

Don’t they explicitly say that you are not to arrive before your scheduled time and if you do you will not be allowed in to the terminal?  Seems pretty explicit, and under the current circumstances, disregarding the rules could very well land you in the hot sun. And well deserved I might add. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Don’t they explicitly say that you are not to arrive before your scheduled time and if you do you will not be allowed in to the terminal?  Seems pretty explicit, and under the current circumstances, disregarding the rules could very well land you in the hot sun. And well deserved I might add. 

Greetings

The Express Pass is clearly marked with your arrival time.  If you're a few minutes early and the lines are short maybe they will let you in but I don't believe you can show up hours early and expect to be allowed to cut line.  We will see this Saturday, but there may indeed be large groups waiting for their turns outside the terminal.

Good Sailing

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The online check in information from X states that you must bring your original vaccination card with you to check in at the pier. I'm not sure that showing your invoice would be a valid substitute.

Yeah...I wouldn't count on the fact it states your vaccination status on your TA invoice.  I know I've emailed Celebrity a couple of times about this, and they stated I must bring my Original CDC Vaccine card with me IF I am vaccinated (which I am).

If you just show your TA invoice, you would probably be put in the "unvaccinated group" and have to go through all the extra charges for testing, additional mask wearing, etc.  Personally, I would NOT want to go through any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called for something unrelated over the weekend. At the end of the call the agent asked if we were vaccinated and if we’d be willing to show proof. I wouldn’t call just for that but they seem to be noting it if you do call for something. 

• Like 1

Greetings

We are on the 03 July Edge sailing and have heard nothing.  I received 2 emails with a "Welcome Back" type message.  They both referred to the Healthy At Sea program and said to stay tuned for further info.  We are vaccinated and will be taking our original CDC cards with us so I am not too concerned but it would be nice to know the actual procedures.

Good Sailing

Tom

10 minutes ago, TheSteveK said:

I called for something unrelated over the weekend. At the end of the call the agent asked if we were vaccinated and if we’d be willing to show proof. I wouldn’t call just for that but they seem to be noting it if you do call for something. 

That's probably for internal tracking of the number of vaccinated guests that count toward the 95%.

I think that's very clever of X. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

No. Celebrity direct.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Showing my card at the port, not the invoice. I stated that it mentions that on the invoice and that means they also have it in the system.

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah...I wouldn't count on the fact it states your vaccination status on your TA invoice.  I know I've emailed Celebrity a couple of times about this, and they stated I must bring my Original CDC Vaccine card with me IF I am vaccinated (which I am).

If you just show your TA invoice, you would probably be put in the "unvaccinated group" and have to go through all the extra charges for testing, additional mask wearing, etc.  Personally, I would NOT want to go through any of that.

Please don't jump to conclusions.....I am NOT showing my invoice....I am showing my Vaccination Card.
Mentioning that my invoice shows the status does not mean I am waving it at port as proof. It only shows it is noted somewhere in their system.

Also my invoice is NOT FROM MY TA. It is from Celebrity direct. I booked with them directly.

Edited by Arzeena