Coastal Cruising???

Just now, Russell21 said:

Just received an email from Princess regarding some coastal cruising for later this year, has there been a change of heart regarding local cruising?

The States are against open borders. Everyone visiting from another State requires approval to enter into QLD. ☹️ I cannot be bothered looking up other States requirements, but I bet they all have some sort of bureaucratic rigmarole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Could you post a screenshot?

Probably on Coral Princess but her Trans Pacific Repo is cancelled, so will she drop out of the Sky? 

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Probably on Coral Princess but her Trans Pacific Repo is cancelled, so will she drop out of the Sky? 

No but she might turn up with no passengers onboard.

The email may have been a generic preprogrammed one sent to regular customers who didn't have a cruise booked during that period.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

It would be like a miracle.

They where talking about coastal cruises on the ABC radio this morning.

A Sydney lobby group was in Canberra yesterday, trying to stimulate small businesses with short cruises from Sydney.

We stayed at the rocks over the weekend and it was dead. Something out of a sci fiction movie.

Everywhere we went they where so appreciative of our business.

Rydges hotel for $140 a night!

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It would be like a miracle.

They where talking about coastal cruises on the ABC radio this morning.

A Sydney lobby group was in Canberra yesterday, trying to stimulate small businesses with short cruises from Sydney.

We stayed at the rocks over the weekend and it was dead. Something out of a sci fiction movie.

Everywhere we went they where so appreciative of our business.

Rydges hotel for $140 a night!

As part of the NSW State budget, the following was announced:

"Accommodation vouchers worth $100 each will be available to NSW residents as part of a targeted economic support package designed to encourage people back into the Sydney CBD."

• Haha 1

If the current Sydney Bondi Junction outbreak gets out of control will they ban shopping malls? They can be worse than cruise ships at times, especially those that have movie theatres in them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If the current Sydney Bondi Junction outbreak gets out of control will they ban shopping malls? They can be worse than cruise ships at times, especially those that have movie theatres in them.

I cannot see that happening. To many vested interests.😷

9 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I know but it's a bit ridiculous. Talk about double standards! The governments are refusing to allow cruise ships operating under strict Covid protocols to operate in Australia. Meanwhile people flock to shopping malls, especially on long weekends, swarming through the shops, queueing for restaurants, cafes, and food court spaces. Even worse when sales are on like the weekend the outbreak started in Bondi Junction. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I know but it's a bit ridiculous. Talk about double standards! The governments are refusing to allow cruise ships operating under strict Covid protocols to operate in Australia. Meanwhile people flock to shopping malls, especially on long weekends, swarming through the shops, queueing for restaurants, cafes, and food court spaces. Even worse when sales are on like the weekend the outbreak started in Bondi Junction. 

Too true.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Deleted

Edited by Cruisegroover

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

As part of the NSW State budget, the following was announced:

"Accommodation vouchers worth $100 each will be available to NSW residents as part of a targeted economic support package designed to encourage people back into the Sydney CBD."

I don't like the idea of regional residents like myself having to spend the $100 voucher in the Sydney CBD, $100 would not go too far even in part payment, plus transport costs to get there and meals. 

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't like the idea of regional residents like myself having to spend the $100 voucher in the Sydney CBD, $100 would not go too far even in part payment, plus transport costs to get there and meals. 

I think the big smoke is probably suffering more than the regional areas.
There’s lots of specials ,schnitzel and a beer for $20  but  In general  it’s still expensive  .

Car parking in Sydney is a headache,couldn’t you park your car at a station and catch that train. Say Albion Park?

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think the big smoke is probably suffering more than the regional areas.
There’s lots of specials ,schnitzel and a beer for $20  but  In general  it’s still expensive  .

Car parking in Sydney is a headache,couldn’t you park your car at a station and catch that train. Say Albion Park?

Phillip, with all due respect, I hate Sydney, that is why I left there in 2005 to live down here. My son has to drag me up to Riverview/Lane Cove a couple of times of a year to see him and his family. I cannot get out of the place quick enough after living and working in Sydney and suburbs for 40 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Coastal Cruising    from Melbourne.....  the high light is       Phillip Island

maybe it could go to Portland  and Geelong....

Not looking good   for us in Melbourne.....

Don. 

Are you still in Apollo Bay don, g and t, jacobs creek riesling?

Edited by NSWP

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Are you still in Apollo Bay don, g and t, jacobs creek riesling?

Back at Home Les.. came back a week ago.... very relaxing.... thinking of going back later in the year...  Particularity after reading on the news.... that fully vaccinated people will to following the same rules as non-vaccinated people....... so Tassie trip could be out

Don with Coffee   and with heater on..

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, By The Bay said:

I went to a movie with a friend on Wednesday at Event theatre Glendale. We were the only two in there. We could cough as much as we liked.😆

Movie was Cruella - very enjoyable - recommended.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I went to a movie with a friend on Wednesday at Event theatre Glendale. We were the only two in there. We could cough as much as we liked.😆

Could you remove your masks to devour the pop corn? 990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2021 at 3:01 PM, NSWP said:

Could you remove your masks to devour the pop corn? 990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpg

What masks? We did have popcorn and sugar free coke -that's our staple movie food.  After the movie I went and picked up my new LDV G10 van from the dealership which is next door to the Glendale shopping centre.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, lyndarra said:

We took Maxy to see it at the Drive in, wasn’t too impressed, but then we probably wanted to see more Dallys.

Edited by GUT2407