Celebrity Vaccination Verifiction

AbbyCruiser45

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Nothing has changed at all. The author of the story doesn't understand what they are reporting on. 

O’ yes it has, X no longer is requiring vaccinations for Florida sailings.  It is being reported by multiple news sources, Google it.

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

O’ yes it has, X no longer is requiring vaccinations for Florida sailings.  It is being reported by multiple news sources, Google it.

I'm well aware of the story and the process. Nothing has changed. They changed 1 word on one webpage. Bottom line, if you can't or won't prove you are vaccinated you are still in the 5% unvaccinated group and that group may or may not be full when you check-in. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Bottom line, if you can't or won't prove you are vaccinated you are still in the 5% unvaccinated group and that group may or may not be full when you check-in. 

this is our understanding as well, my only concern is humans tend to lie

Edited by rucrazy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

No. Nothing has changed but adding the protocols that will apply to unvaccinated passengers. USA Today conveniently left out that they are still at 95% vaccinated. 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/coping-floridas-vaccine-passport-ban-we-can-ask-we-cant-require

• Like 1

I agree that nothing has changed for the first sailings as per the CSO Edge and Equinox obtained their certificate to sail under the 95/5% rule.   As things stand now the injunction against the CSO goes into effect on July 18.  If this stands and the CSO is invalidated can Celebrity maintain the 95% rule?   I personally hope so.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I agree that nothing has changed for the first sailings as per the CSO Edge and Equinox obtained their certificate to sail under the 95/5% rule.   As things stand now the injunction against the CSO goes into effect on July 18.  If this stands and the CSO is invalidated can Celebrity maintain the 95% rule?   I personally hope so.  

The injunction is effective July 18th, OR there is a replacement order, OR the CDC appeals.   And yes Celebrity can still maintain the 95% vaccine requirement and my bet would be they will. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

Is the CDC card sufficient at check in or do you something from your doctor?

If you carry the original CDC card with you you should be fine, many doubt you will even be asked to show it.

8 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

If you carry the original CDC card with you you should be fine, many doubt you will even be asked to show it.

I would not bet on that. They have checked cards on SXM sailings and RCI on Adventure and those aren’t even sailings under CDC. They will certainly ask for proof at boarding out of the US as they need to certify 95% vaccinated passenger cohort to CDC before sailing. 

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Celebrity requires you present your card at boarding. 

fingers crossed 🤞  you are correct... I thought  I read where they would not be asking for proof in FL..

We sail out of Tampa in December and bring more than enough documentation just in case they do ask.. which we hope they will

4 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

fingers crossed 🤞  you are correct... I thought  I read where they would not be asking for proof in FL..

We sail out of Tampa in December and bring more than enough documentation just in case they do ask.. which we hope they will

They are asking that you “voluntarily” acknowledge your status and show proof at sailing. Otherwise you go into the unvaccinated “pile” and there’s every chance you won’t be boarding if they’ve reached their 5% cap. At least that’s the plan for now. Who knows what December will bring. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

this is our understanding as well, my only concern is humans tend to lie

I suspect that if. you say you are vaccinated...but the day of boarding do not present your card...and they have reached the 5% max unvaccinated... they will deny you boarding. So unless they have room... you would likely be denied. By calling in advance... they will have an idea on total unvaccinated before you show up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

Do not, lol, rely on any of this information to be completely valid in December!

I wonder.... it seems to me..that if you plan on staying unvaccinated... and you want to sail... you should probably contact the company and let them know ... early..that you are not vaccinated. The idea is to see if you can be part of the 5% early enough..not to end up being cancelled later.

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Asked the question yesterday when I contacted Celebrity regarding my 7/31 cruise regarding the news articles and the dates when certain protocols are being put into place.

This was the response I got this a.m. 

“Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises.

The August 1st notification is just a lowering of the vaccination age, prior to that date it was 16.
Your COVID vaccination card would be the documentation you would need to bring with you to the pier to be considered vaccinated.

Since you reside in the U.S., please bring your original CDC issued vaccine card and provide it for inspection upon check in.

We will be sailing with at least 95% of our guests having been fully vaccinated on your July 31, 2021 sailing.

Please visit https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety for the most up-to-date information and if you have additional questions please let us know at 844-418-6824.”

I’m betting someone wrote the story, misinterpreted Celebrity’s policy, sensationalized it and released it to other news agencies, and they released it without checking its veracity.

I will go by what Celebrity is telling me directly.  If you choose to go by the stories you’re reading or listening to non-Celebrity sources, get to the pier and not provide proof of vaccination and see where that leads you.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

Greetings

Celebrity customer service seems incompetent.  They just called my son in law (the emergency contact number) looking for me or my DW.  They are probably inquiring about our vaccinations for our 03 July sailing but they call the emergency contact number.  They have our cell numbers.  I called the number they left and there is an hour's wait time.  This seems crazy.

Good Sailing

Tom

Celebrity PR really needs to address this…nowhere in these articles  does it say that the ships will sail 95% vaccinated…which I am hoping is true because we are booked on the July 17th sailing and only booked because they said it was a fully vaccinated cruise.

14 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Celebrity PR really needs to address this…nowhere in these articles  does it say that the ships will sail 95% vaccinated…which I am hoping is true because we are booked on the July 17th sailing and only booked because they said it was a fully vaccinated cruise.

Celebrity literally has no choice but to sail 95% vaccinated as they did not complete a required test cruise with the CDC. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Celebrity literally has no choice but to sail 95% vaccinated as they did not complete a required test cruise with the CDC. 

But right now I believe that expires on the 18th of July …hopefully it continues