Wonderland on Allure?

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

I have never been.

But looked at a menu from the place.

It could possibly be the Stupidest restaurant ever...

Don’t knock it if you ain’t tried it. 
It’s as much an experience as a menu. 

• Like 3

Been three times on Anthem and each time the food was the same but our tastes had changed some so it was like a new experience.  Even the picky granddaughter found things she liked.  It was an entertaining dinner and we will go again when on a ship that offers it.  As someone said, don't knock it until you have tried it.

• Like 2

we are bringing friends who have never been on an Oasis class ship.  Thought this would be fun dinner for them.  It truly is more about the adventure....and different styles of food.  If you are strickly a meat and potatoes person then you probably won't like it.  But dissapointed that there isn't one on the Allure.  We were probably on the Harmony when we went.  Our room was on the same floor around the corner and we loved going to the bar every night as it wasn't so busy ......

• Like 4

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Allure isnt amped. Maybe it's part of the amp. I'd like to eat there myself. 

It was never part of the amp.

From what I understand, it under performs on both Harmony and Symphony.

Oasis ended up with cabins for most of the former DL space, and Allurevwas scheduled to receive the same treatment

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was never part of the amp.

From what I understand, it under performs on both Harmony and Symphony.

Oasis ended up with cabins for most of the former DL space, and Allurevwas scheduled to receive the same treatment

Oh well, might be a very long time before I'm on a ship with one. It does sound a bit wierd.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh well, might be a very long time before I'm on a ship with one. It does sound a bit wierd.

I didn't care for it. Laura got up and left before dessert arrived. Shame, that was the best part

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve dined in wonderland on only one occasion maybe it was an experience but once was enough definitely wouldn’t go again.

I think same can be said of any experimental/fusion haute cuisine restaurant. I've been to Michelin-rated places in France and Denmark, which were fantastic as an experience, and truly unique dishes you won't see anywhere, but we wouldn't pay the 250-300EU/person again. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I didn't care for it. Laura got up and left before dessert arrived. Shame, that was the best part

We started with a party of 8 but by the end of the meal there were just 2 people left.  The service was excellent but the food was just too weird.  Never again.  We do, however, from time-to-time, pop over just for dessert.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't thrilled the first time we went. The experience was fine but how they decided the menu was very off-putting for me. My stepson and his then gf wanted to join us for that dinner. The ex had a new diet or allergy every other week for the 3 years we had to deal with her. Since that weak she was GF, allergic to seafood and wasn't eating read meat, the menu was centered around her :eyeroll: 
We had 1 more night in our package and my DH said lets just do Wonderland one more time. I had looked forward to eating there for so long and then so disappointed when we did, but my DH just wanted to give it another chance, so I agreed... 
The second time we told the waiter/mad hatter what we liked and didn't like, what we had the first time. 
The second time was fantastic!! And the Chicken, OMG was the best I had had in a restaurant, ever!! First night we had the halibut and we enjoyed it so they gave us some the 2nd time too... and that was a tad better. 
Bottom line, if you have a package on Quantum Class or Harmony or Symphony... I would give it a second chance. You might be surprised 

And @John&LaLa At least take Laura there for the dessert!! LOL I would say for you guys to give it another chance, but I don't see that happening

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

The second time we told the waiter/mad hatter what we liked and didn't like, what we had the first time. 
The second time was fantastic!!

I'm a firm believer in second chances.  So glad you took the time to explain and have a better experience.   I really like what they do in Wonderland on the whole, but, I did have one experience that just didn't come close to 2 previous visits.  I'm looking forward to trying more of the menu since I have the UDP on my next cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We started with a party of 8 but by the end of the meal there were just 2 people left.  The service was excellent but the food was just too weird.  Never again.  We do, however, from time-to-time, pop over just for dessert.

We absolutely hated our waiter. Didn't listen to any of the things we told him

I'm certain he was just pushing out stuff they had extras of. Laura expressed interest in a couple of things, we didn't get them. He knew better. 

That's why she stormed out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

I wasn't thrilled the first time we went. The experience was fine but how they decided the menu was very off-putting for me. My stepson and his then gf wanted to join us for that dinner. The ex had a new diet or allergy every other week for the 3 years we had to deal with her. Since that weak she was GF, allergic to seafood and wasn't eating read meat, the menu was centered around her :eyeroll: 
We had 1 more night in our package and my DH said lets just do Wonderland one more time. I had looked forward to eating there for so long and then so disappointed when we did, but my DH just wanted to give it another chance, so I agreed... 
The second time was fantastic!! And the Chicken, OMG was the best I had had in a restaurant, ever!! First night we had the halibut and we enjoyed it so they gave us some the 2nd time too... and that was a tad better. 
Bottom line, if you have a package on Quantum Class or Harmony or Symphony... I would give it a second chance. You might be surprised 

And @John&LaLa At least take Laura there for the dessert!! LOL I would say for you guys to give it another chance, but I don't see that happening

We've had the World at Chef's Table. 

I think Odyssey has it, I may try and bribe her to go again

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The smoky deviled eggs were fun

I had a local upscale BBQ joint that did them up until Covid closed them down for good.  

Going to get a group together on the Harmony TA if you're up for another go. I'll work that out after final so you have time to work on Laura. 😉

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Thanks 1