Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22

We booked our next cruise over a year ago, and it was cancelled and Lift and shifted

to October, 2021. We booked an Owners suite for a 7 night cruise. So, will we be entitled to double points, plus the suite perk of double points? So 28 points? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

We booked our next cruise over a year ago, and it was cancelled and Lift and shifted

to October, 2021. We booked an Owners suite for a 7 night cruise. So, will we be entitled to double points, plus the suite perk of double points? So 28 points? 

Yes...28 pts.

1 hour ago, sixbirches said:

Lol yes anyone booked prior to sept gets double pts. ..anytime prior. 1 month or 1 year or 2 years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

If you booked with a TA in group space will you still get double points?

Thanks

Make sure your C&A # is in your reservation then there should be no reason why you don't.

I just rang crown and anchor about the double points as wanted to add a third cruise so it will take us to diamond for our cruise in Nov 2022. I was told that the double points is only for cruises up to end of Sept 2022!  I told the crown and anchor person, Lucas, that it had been extended to Dec 31 but he insisted that that was wrong and it was still Sept.  On further investigation by myself it show on Royal’s website for USA that it has been extended to Dec but on UK version it still showing Sept.  I think this is unfair to loyal customers from outside USA. Do you think this is a mistake and it will be changed.  If not, how do I complain about this.

Update on my previous point:

I decided to ring Crown and Anchor again and this time spoke to a lovely lady Maria who assured me that I will indeed get the double points as the offer is for all crown and anchor members(gold) and above who book before Sept 30 2021 for cruises taken between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2022. She also sent me an email with details. 
Just goes to show it’s pot luck who you get and what answer you get!

• Like 1

I don't think the perks will decrease because of the double points.The people who are booking cruises just for the points are helping RCG bottom line. If anything happens to C&A it might be a change in how the perks are received. Like keeping the 4-6 drinks loaded on your sea pass.  Like a few other people stated, the double points put people where they might have been had the 15mth shutdown of the cruise industry not happened. I had been sailing on other lines like Carnival, MSC and NCL, with only 1 RCG cruise under my belt. But I know people who cruise for 2-3 months out of the year, some of you on this board live near a port and do exactly that. I lost out on 4 cruises; 2 solo and two 7 days with family.

One of the 7 days was a JS, which would have been 14pt. The 2 solos were 4 night balconies, so 16 points. and the the 7night balcony at 7 points. That would have put me at 41pt or Platinum. So far I only have 3 cruises planned until Jan 2022. My first RCG cruise is in Oct in a GS which will get me 28pt. My S2S in Jan are solo in a JS and nets me 54pt, which gets me to diamond. I get 3 weeks vacation each year in specific months (between mid Oct-Mid Nov and Jan) aka the slow season for us.  I always plan my cruise around the land I plan to visit. Wanted to do Australia but with their delayed boarder opening, it's not looking too good. So I haven't book any extra cruises, although I would have loved to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1