Double Points Extended! - Book by 9/30/21, Sail by 12/31/22

4 minutes ago, Don'tNeedAName said:

@zeppgirl maybe the "old" background image for the page is saved in your cache and not properly reloading. You can try either delete your browser history, or just when you are on that page hit "Shift + F5" to do a forced reload of the entire page. See if that works.

Thank you, that worked!  Was getting worried!

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, John&LaLa said:

Wasn't that more than 7 years ago?

You know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day

Yup, and the moon and high tide visit us twice a day as well.  😄 

• Haha 1

Guest BigRoger
2 hours ago, little britain said:

Well….. that was an expensive couple of days. 3 cruises booked and if all goes to be plan I’ll be 🍍by next November!! 

Yep it’s all proving expensive for us too….. we are a few years behind you but DW determined to get there before she gets to age 50! Damn those double points….. I still don’t get it but seems important to her…. So of course it’s important to me too……!!!!

Thought my mouse was going to burn up yesterday! We got the cruising fever bad and, before I knew it, had 10 cruises booked! Of course, one is in 2023, so that doesn't qualify for those double points ....yet! LOL! We won't make P in our lifetime (340 is in reach though) but will still enjoy cruising while we can and spending our kids' inheritance!! Whoopie! Cheers!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thought my mouse was going to burn up yesterday! We got the cruising fever bad and, before I knew it, had 10 cruises booked! Of course, one is in 2023, so that doesn't qualify for those double points ....yet! LOL! We won't make P in our lifetime (340 is in reach though) but will still enjoy cruising while we can and spending our kids' inheritance!! Whoopie! Cheers!

Ha you and me spending someone's inheritance. I have 10 booked on rcl too, and one booked in 2023. Plus 3 soon on carnival just for the perks and no masks. I did move a 2023 to b2b in dec 2022 to get the pts sooner. Get to that 340 mark in case prices go out if sight. Bring on the cruises.

• Like 2

Just sat down and calculated the effect of extending dbl points. Looks like we will increase around 400 points. That's 200 more than we should earn, but we had close to 200 points cancel, so net isn't much different

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the extended double points offer is only for the US market/website.

On the AUS website it still says book by 30/6/21, sail by September 2022 for double points and I looked at the UK website and it says the same thing?

Thanks

On 7/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, John&LaLa said:

Just sat down and calculated the effect of extending dbl points. Looks like we will increase around 400 points. That's 200 more than we should earn, but we had close to 200 points cancel, so net isn't much different

We just did the same thing. We've lost ~200 points so far but have 17 cruises still in the hopper. If everything sails, we will pick up 404 points (~200 more than we should have earned) so we're up a net of ~4 points overall.

• Like 1

The promotion is any Crown and Anchor member that travels during the advertised time, gets double the points. If I book through a travel agent, I'll still get the double points right? Booking through Royal isn't mandatory?

1 minute ago, Rocha said:

The promotion is any Crown and Anchor member that travels during the advertised time, gets double the points. If I book through a travel agent, I'll still get the double points right? Booking through Royal isn't mandatory?

Yes, although one may book through a TA, the points will still accrue at the 2x rate (or more depending on solo, suite, etc).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BecAus said:

Does anyone know if the extended double points offer is only for the US market/website.

On the AUS website it still says book by 30/6/21, sail by September 2022 for double points and I looked at the UK website and it says the same thing?

Thanks

My TA told me yesterday that ovation cruise in December 2022 received double points but I too can't see it on OZ website. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

Dumb question inbound: 

Do you have to do anything extra for double points to post?

Does it count on "comped" cruises?

You don't need to do anything extra.  If you would have received points on the comped cruise then you will get double.  Most comped cruises you do need to pay something to get the points

I have a question too, if anyone knows the answer.

Say I make an open booking at Next Cruise before 30 September but don't convert to a specific cruise until after. Does the booking qualify for double points because it was made before the deadline, or not because it was converted after?

31 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I have a question too, if anyone knows the answer.

Say I make an open booking at Next Cruise before 30 September but don't convert to a specific cruise until after. Does the booking qualify for double points because it was made before the deadline, or not because it was converted after?

No it does not qualify.  It must be an actual booking with ship and sail date.

• Thanks 1

If I’m booked by 30 Sep ‘21 in a balcony with my husband in Nov ‘22, but he ends up not going at the last minute…will I get 2 points based on the original booking or 4 points as a solo traveler?

21 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

If I’m booked by 30 Sep ‘21 in a balcony with my husband in Nov ‘22, but he ends up not going at the last minute…will I get 2 points based on the original booking or 4 points as a solo traveler?

Should be 4 points. 

31 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Hopefully it will be 4 points.  I may be in the same "boat" with you on a cruise or 2 ,yes pun intended😇