Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

44 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We have gone out of the green lane and moved into the blue lane.

Ours now alternates between Green & Yellow when opening the app which was not an issue previously. Checking all of the required options they’re all complete even when Yellow. 🥴

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

Ours now alternates between Green & Yellow when opening the app which was not an issue previously. Checking all of the required options they’re all complete even when Yellow. 🥴

When I go into the required options it says no bookings and tells me to link booking but when I did it just goes back to the page saying no bookings and tells me to link booking. Now just tried going in again and as someone else has said above nothing is there at all now it’s just a white screen. 

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just shut your phone down and then back up.

It is an I pad but just tried shutting it down and starting up again and hey presto everything is back. Thanks very much 👏👏

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My cruises all seem to be working fine.  

Sign out of the App.  

Then..

Make sure your phones have been updated with the latest updates.  For iphone IOS 15.5 is the latest.

I have it set on automatic, but I went ahead and did the update manually and it works well with the App.

Edited by PacnGoNow

I have found when this happens ( yes I got the change to blue lane too whereas I was green before) I just wait till the next day and it's ok.  Only once have I had to re-enter data.  I have it set on automatic updates too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I have found when this happens ( yes I got the change to blue lane too whereas I was green before) I just wait till the next day and it's ok.  Only once have I had to re-enter data.  I have it set on automatic updates too

I was just going to wait until tomorrow then the whole thing just went blank. But never mind as above all sorted now………until the next time 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I wonder if it is due to Health section now having vax proof to upload???  I intend to try out the new feature, but have not as yet.  I like that we can do this now - as well as upload any required test results when the time comes.

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

My kids think it's a riot that I learned Fortran in high school and college, but one hard and fast principle that has not changed over lo these many years:  GIGO. 

Yes, I first learned that one in about 1971 I guess.  COBOL shortly thereafter.  I already knew everything they taught in 1st yr Comp Sci at university before I got there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if it is due to Health section now having vax proof to upload???  I intend to try out the new feature, but have not as yet.  I like that we can do this now - as well as upload any required test results when the time comes.

I haven’t uploaded our Proof of Vaccine & are back to Green. If we decide to make final payment we’ll download our Covid vaccination cards at that time.

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

I haven’t uploaded our Proof of Vaccine & are back to Green. If we decide to make final payment we’ll download our Covid vaccination cards at that time.

Makes sense, except I am one to test any new features or changes to see if they work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

My kids think it's a riot that I learned Fortran in high school and college, but one hard and fast principle that has not changed over lo these many years:  GIGO. 

High School offered "Typing" but nothing to do with computers or programming.  The next year when I started at the local Community College they offered Fortran but I didn't take it. Weirdly enough, my wife did take it back then even though she isn't into anything more "tech" than email or FB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

What do the colors mean? I haven't been able to find anything about it on their website.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Astro Flyer said:

When selecting the MedallionNet option you should see this option to purchase it at a 50% discount.

952B1EE1-923B-4E92-9A62-F684F252B61C.jpeg

Note: this only showed up a month or so before my cruise. I cancelled the full price internet package and rebooted it with the discount 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 1:18 PM, SmedonSeas said:

Aren't most Wifi packages free right now? We are platinum, but got the Wifi, Drinks and Tips "free". I wondering why people are worried about paying for internet...

No, actually, as a solo traveler, the best price deal is much better for me than the package 

4 hours ago, ellenb23 said:

No, actually, as a solo traveler, the best price deal is much better for me than the package 

Not sure why you put it that way.  Traveling solo or as a couple should be no factor in a decision on the PLUS package.  Although you typically pay double the cruise fare as a solo, you do not pay double for the PLUS option (i.e. still $40 and not $80).

9 hours ago, ellenb23 said:

Note: this only showed up a month or so before my cruise. I cancelled the full price internet package and rebooted it with the discount 

Thanks for that info, just purchased yesterday for a Sept. cruise and didn't see the discount. Not sure why they would wait until just before your cruise for this for those already platinum or elite. Not like we are going backwards in that time? Hopefully it will show up as OBC once onboard like it did on our last cruise.

58 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Thanks for that info, just purchased yesterday for a Sept. cruise and didn't see the discount. Not sure why they would wait until just before your cruise for this for those already platinum or elite. Not like we are going backwards in that time? Hopefully it will show up as OBC once onboard like it did on our last cruise.

Its the app.  It shows up for my cruises even for 2023.  Princess can do your discount over the phone.  It did show up as an obc immediately on my account, for those I purchased BEFORE the app was updated to show the Elite/platinum discount on the App.

13 hours ago, whataboutport said:

What does the secondary health screening consist of? I've been slowly able to add in more of the required info and have been changed from blue to now yellow.

Capture.JPG

Maybe you need to upload you vaccine card?

15 hours ago, whataboutport said:

What does the secondary health screening consist of? I've been slowly able to add in more of the required info and have been changed from blue to now yellow.

Capture.JPG

Secondary screening, just means you were not able to fill out everything required ahead of time, so they will check it in person and your documents, etc. No big deal, it only takes a few minutes longer.  Just do what you can ahead of time and the rest at the port.