Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

We had an interesting example of the Medallion working correctly, by accident. In Crooners on Carribean Princess and DW asked for a Bangkok Mule, she had one the night before in Good Spirits. Crooners' waiter returned with it and a few minutes later a waiter walked by calling DW first name. He delivered a second Bangkok Mule plus the recipe card. He was gone before we could sort out what had happened. Wondered if Crooners had asked Good Spirits for the recipe and they made a second drink. But they called DW by name, so must have been ordered for her???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's what I have to do. I've tried on the web-based app for both of us and it persists in showing our cruise for April '23 instead of the one that's booked next month.

As many have said...they fix one thing and break something else.

Yep.  Did it come up with the booking number on the website?

Did it look correct on the MC App?

Thanks everyone.  I finally gave in and downloaded the app onto my phone.  I am now able to finish checking in.  Just wish the October booking would have shown up on the web version so I wouldn't have to use the tiny buttons on my phone.  I knew my friends on cruisecritic would show me the way!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

Thanks everyone.  I finally gave in and downloaded the app onto my phone.  I am now able to finish checking in.  Just wish the October booking would have shown up on the web version so I wouldn't have to use the tiny buttons on my phone.  I knew my friends on cruisecritic would show me the way!

Glad it shows up on the App for you.

Hello everyone Landnsea here. We have been away from the boards for sometime, we are off on our first Princess sailing in well over two years due to the Covid.

We are old school loyal Princess cruisers no fans whatsoever of this medallion thing, our cruise card has worked just fine for our past 36 Princess sailings. We embark in 30 something days we have no desire to use the medallion understanding you can opt out for a RF cruise card once onboard is what we were told. Question: Printing out our Pass Pass? My Princess says download boarding pass on the medallion app. Can someone share some useful information on this please.

John Laura and Gaby

Seattle Wa.

42 minutes ago, landnsea said:

Hello everyone Landnsea here. We have been away from the boards for sometime, we are off on our first Princess sailing in well over two years due to the Covid.

We are old school loyal Princess cruisers no fans whatsoever of this medallion thing, our cruise card has worked just fine for our past 36 Princess sailings. We embark in 30 something days we have no desire to use the medallion understanding you can opt out for a RF cruise card once onboard is what we were told. Question: Printing out our Pass Pass? My Princess says download boarding pass on the medallion app. Can someone share some useful information on this please.

John Laura and Gaby

Seattle Wa.

There really isn't an official boarding pass anymore. You can ignore the app, bring ALL your paperwork to the port (passport, vaccine card, your travel summary) and just show up. They'll get you through the usual routine...no problem.

However, if you do the app stuff, you'll be on the ship faster with less hassle at the port. Do what you can, ignore the rest. OR you could use the web-based app. It will allow you to do almost everything that the phone app does (can't buy internet, add security photo, maybe a couple of other things). If you want to try that, go to the Personalizer online, click on your cruise, scroll down a little until you see the logos for "AppStore" & "GooglePlay". Right under that is the link for the web-based app. You use your Princess log in for user name & password.

Once you're on the ship, you can ignore the app and just use your Medallion to open the door and make purchases...just like the "old" cruise card.

They're trying to phase out the cards, they should be available, but one never knows.

• Like 1

Based on my experiences, I would suggest doing everything on the Web that is possible - from passenger profile to making dining reservation.  Then go to the App to upload your picture and vaccination records.  It is much easier than doing all on the App which quite often load very slowly and error out.

Now I am trying to buy the internet on the App due to the elite discount. 

The app would not use the CC on file because I use my husband's CC to cover both our accounts.  The App wants me to add a new CC if I were to buy the internet under my own profile, DESPITE it also tells me another passenger's CC is in file to cover all shipboard charges for both passengers...

I guess it does not matter the purchase is under whose account?   We both are elites so the price does not differ.

On the one device plan,  it only means you can use a single device at any given time, and if you switch device you need to log out first, then log in with a different device?  Do I understand it correctly?

I dont understand why the Medallion App does not recognize log in credentials which work perfectly fine on Princess website.

On Medallion App I can log in with booking number but I cannot log in with email address / passwords on either my or my husband's account.  However both credentials work perfectly fine on Princess website.

Anyone can provide possible reasons? 

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

I guess it does not matter the purchase is under whose account?   We both are elites so the price does not differ.

On the one device plan,  it only means you can use a single device at any given time, and if you switch device you need to log out first, then log in with a different device?  Do I understand it correctly?

True in line 1 and YES to your questions.  Actually, when attempt to login with 2nd device, it will prompt you to decide to disconnect device 1.

1 hour ago, nho9504 said:

As I understand it, the old device is automagically logged out when you log into the new device.

31 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

As I understand it, the old device is automagically logged out when you log into the new device.

Not quite automatic.  When you log in with the new device it will tell you that another device is connected and it asks if you want to connect the new one.  Click on connect current device and off you go.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, landnsea said:

no fans whatsoever of this medallion thing, our cruise card has worked just fine

The Medallion is the same as the cruise card. Everything else is smoke and mirrors which you can ignore completely. 

• Like 3

Just wanted to update on my problem with progressing past the ordering a medallion stage. Being in Canada, I am unable to request it be shipped to me but it also stated that port pick up was unavailable. This meant I could not move from blue to green lane. I emailed the medallion people and, last Wednesday, got an email back saying that it was a data issue and had now been fixed. I immediately tried it out, but now all of the information that had been previously saved was gone. I logged out but then was unable to log back in and kept getting the message to link my booking. I decided to just leave alone. Next day, I was able to log in. All the saved info was back, and I was able to get the medallion ordered for pick up at the port. I am now officially in the green lane and anxiously awaiting arrival groups opening up!

• Like 4

On 8/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, babycutie said:

Regarding Medallion Net discount for Platinum/Elite:

I'm Platinum and will be cruising this weekend.  A week ago, I saw the price for Medallion Net was half price (~$70).  2 days ago when I decided to purchase, it's at full price (~$140).  Since I'm sailing this weekend I decided to just purchase it and deal with it later.

Today I called Princess to ask them about the Platinum discount and why I didn't get it.  They said you have to pay full price and the 50% discount is offered as OBC once you get on board. 

I checked the Captain's Circle's benefit and here's info regarding Medallion Net discount.  Check point #8 on page 2

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf 

Confused cruiser here.  I'm Platinum, my husband is Ruby.  We haven't cruised since 2010, so all this Medallion stuff is new to us.  We have a Mediterranean cruise coming up in August 2023.

Explain to me like I'm a child. 

I would like to get the Wi-fi package, but don't care about the drink package.  As Platinum, can I get them separately?

How do I go about ordering it and receiving the 50% discount?  Will I see a discount upon ordering, or will it discount later .. like upon boarding perhaps?  Will it be in the form of a refund, or OBC?

Assuming we have to get the wi-fi/drinks as a combo package, will the discount be JUST for the wi-fi portion?  Will it just be discounted for ME, since hubby is Ruby?  Can I be the ONLY one to purchase the package, or does it have to be both of us?

TIA.  Things were so much simpler on all our other cruises!!  Especially when you've reached "a certain age".  🤪

3 hours ago, 2Oregonians said:

Confused cruiser here.  I'm Platinum, my husband is Ruby.  We haven't cruised since 2010, so all this Medallion stuff is new to us.  We have a Mediterranean cruise coming up in August 2023.

Explain to me like I'm a child. 

I would like to get the Wi-fi package, but don't care about the drink package.  As Platinum, can I get them separately? YES

How do I go about ordering it and receiving the 50% discount?  If the app works for you (some can get it, some can't), use the app to order it. OR you can call and order it on the phone. 
Will I see a discount upon ordering, or will it discount later .. like upon boarding perhaps? If you don't get the discount at the time of your order, you'll receive OBC when you board. 

Assuming we have to get the wi-fi/drinks as a combo package They're separate, not a pkg deal.
 Will it just be discounted for ME, since hubby is Ruby? Just you
Can I be the ONLY one to purchase the package, or does it have to be both of us? Just you is OK

See above

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 2Oregonians said:

Best explanation/reply EVER.  Thank you so much!!  🙂

If you want hubby to be able to log into his device without kicking you off yours, order the 4 device plan for $10 a day. He can use your log in and stay connected.  If you have a lot of shipboard credit you want to use, sign up for the single device plan now, and when you log in the first time you should be given the option to upgrade for another $5 per day.  We did it on the Grand last fall, and I plan to do it on the Sapphire in 10 days.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2Oregonians said:

Assuming we have to get the wi-fi/drinks as a combo package, will the discount be JUST for the wi-fi portion? 

Just an additional comment there is no discount on 'wifi/drinks' that is the Plus pacjage and includes wifi, drinks, gratuities. There is of course a separate drinks package, but I find it hard to see where it makes sense compared to Plus package.

• Thanks 1