Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Go back there again look below the app information and in very tiny letters it says "Don't have a compatible device? Try our web version."

Yeah I found that.  After being an idiot.  I apologize.

• Like 1

Just now, Doug R. said:

Not an idiot it is very easy to overlook.

The idiot part was calling your post misinformation which I should not have done...not my navigation of the website. Both stem from newbie-ness.

• Like 2

Related, is there any upside/downside to doing Check In in advance, as opposed to just going to the cruise terminal on sail day?  Do we get to skip a line or something?  Or, is it required to be done in advance?

If you go through the same process on sail day either way, then what is Check In for?

1 hour ago, deltahog said:

Yeah I found that.  After being an idiot.  I apologize.

You went through the many stages of Princess Check In.  Mine took over 10 days, so your grieving, I mean check in, was much swifter.  

Oh, and enjoy your vacation, you’ll need it after all of this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

Oh, and enjoy your vacation, you’ll need it after all of this!

It's simply NOT easier for the consumer to do everything on the phone, or web, or app.  It's not.

Give me my paper docs and let me on board.  Same thing goes for airlines.

It's easier for the PROVIDER, but not for the user.  Shows company priorities.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deltahog said:

It's simply NOT easier for the consumer to do everything on the phone, or web, or app.  It's not.

Give me my paper docs and let me on board.  Same thing goes for airlines.

It's easier for the PROVIDER, but not for the user.  Shows company priorities.

You are so right!  Plus, there's an arrogance/superiority issue.  People who don't use a phone often should rebel against the 'enforced app use'.  People who have a phone growing out of their hands seem to feel quite superior and enjoy making the parties of the first part feel stupid.  All you have to do is read 25 pages of this thread to see examples.  

I met a guy over the weekend at a Doubletree Hotel in Seattle, young guy with a phone in his back pocket ... that tells me he uses his phone often.  He was trying to do some laundry but unable ... because the machines only worked with an app!!  He was not happy having to jump through all the hoops to get the system operational on his phone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Looks like it’s more battery than anything else.

It seems like the battery life would be extended if there was a way to turn the medallion on and off. But no doubt that would present a bigger problem for many. 

We can put a man or woman on the moon -- so let's get a battery that doesn't fade out after 14-day cruise. Maybe they're using outdated batteries from the COVID lockdown era. Still, I'm grateful to be able to cruise...even if the battery fades!!! YIPPPPEEEE!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

We can put a man or woman on the moon -- so let's get a battery that doesn't fade out after 14-day cruise. Maybe they're using outdated batteries from the COVID lockdown era. Still, I'm grateful to be able to cruise...even if the battery fades!!! YIPPPPEEEE!!!!!

I have been on several 14 day cruises and longer with the medallion and have never had a battery die on me

42 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have been on several 14 day cruises and longer with the medallion and have never had a battery die on me

I was surprised last October as original Medallions lasted us for 25-nights of B2B2B - although I could tell she was weakening towards the end in terms of how close I got to the door.  Another day or two and I might have broken my nose on the door.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

My Medallion definitely had a fading battery. When my wife and I would approach the door the sign always welcomed my wife rather than me. If the cruise had been much longer I would have simply gone to Passenger Services for a new Medallion. No biggie.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Six of us did a 28 day cruise in April and none of us had battery problems.  We all picked our Medallions up at the port (Sydney, Australia) so I don’t know if they were fresher or newer than those mailed to US addresses in advance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doug R. said:

The app itself no longer says Medallion on the icon.

And?

The princess web site still call it medallionclass app.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

image.thumb.png.b577b50d1d72f76c4c1bf5266090f03a.png

It's seems kind of rude to post a snotty correction, and then be wrong.

Perhaps you can advise us where this official designation is posted?

"The app which is now officially known as the Princess App"

Edited by Roberto256

45 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

And?

The princess web site still call it medallionclass app.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

image.thumb.png.b577b50d1d72f76c4c1bf5266090f03a.png

It's seems kind of rude to post a snotty correction, and then be wrong.

Perhaps you can advise us where this official designation is posted?

"The app which is now officially known as the Princess App"

Remember how ever so speedy Princess IT is about updating the website? How long did pictures of the late lamented barrel chairs remained after they were removed?

Hi all, so I’ve completed everything on the medallion app but can’t find option to download qr code, my cruise is in 21 days so it is still too early ? I read here about health questions required? I’m sure i had done this previously but can’t see any options for it now? 

47 minutes ago, doveyy04 said:

Hi all, so I’ve completed everything on the medallion app but can’t find option to download qr code, my cruise is in 21 days so it is still too early ? I read here about health questions required? I’m sure i had done this previously but can’t see any options for it now? 

You don’t need a QR code to get on board and I haven’t had to answer health questions for my last 2 cruises

• Like 2

12 hours ago, memoak said:

You don’t need a QR code to get on board and I haven’t had to answer health questions for my last 2 cruises

Ok thanks, all the info I’m finding on websites is that you need to download the qr code for check in to scan ? Such confusing information floating around in Princess websites 

4 hours ago, doveyy04 said:

Ok thanks, all the info I’m finding on websites is that you need to download the qr code for check in to scan ? Such confusing information floating around in Princess websites 

The only things I have needed at the terminal are my medallion and passport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The only things I have needed at the terminal are my medallion and passport

I elected to pick up our medallions at the embarkation port and have our pictures taken at that time for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. We haven't cruised with princess since 2010. Side question, can we go directly to our staterooms once we board the ship to drop off our carry on(s) and then leave until the general announcement is made that the staterooms are ready? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I elected to pick up our medallions at the embarkation port and have our pictures taken at that time for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. We haven't cruised with princess since 2010. Side question, can we go directly to our staterooms once we board the ship to drop off our carry on(s) and then leave until the general announcement is made that the staterooms are ready? 

We generally check all of our suitcases and just wait till they get to the cabin so I cannot answer that. We usually board have a Prosecco while watching the muster video then have lunch before going to our cabin

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, doveyy04 said:

PCL does not have "websites".  They have Princess.com.  Are you referring to social media perhaps, or what other websites do you mean?  Anyway, the QR code is not required.

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Generally, you can do this.  If you see your steward, just let them know all you are doing is dropping off in the closet.  Sometimes, it has been reported that deck doors are closed in the lobbies of each deck.  But I think that is rare as B2B guests will have access to their cabins.  Best to drop and take off if cabins are not available.  If you do see your steward, they might mention when they think will be done (they will see you are an early boarder versus some of their other cabins).

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, memoak said:

We generally check all of our suitcases and just wait till they get to the cabin so I cannot answer that. We usually board have a Prosecco while watching the muster video then have lunch before going to our cabin

We have three checked suit cases plus my wife has a carry on, her purse and I have a back pack with valuables and medications. We do the muster and have a good breakfast at the pre cruise hotel so no need for lunch. We do have our traditional welcome aboard drink.