Constellation Condition Question

mtnbkr60

I am looking at a cruise on the Constellation in 2022, but I see that she never had her refurb/drydock in 2020.  If you sailed her in the last couple of years can you comment on the condition of the ship?  I have seen some pictures that seem to show the ship really is in poor shape. Celebrity won't say when/if the ship will get the refurb and I am not thrilled about putting down a non refundable deposit or worse being on a ship that is not up to par with the rest of the fleet.

We sailed on the Reflection (Aqua)  in 2019 and it was awesome, the best cruise we ever took and we still talk about that ship all the time.

4 hours ago, mtnbkr60 said:

I am looking at a cruise on the Constellation in 2022, but I see that she never had her refurb/drydock in 2020.  If you sailed her in the last couple of years can you comment on the condition of the ship?  I have seen some pictures that seem to show the ship really is in poor shape. Celebrity won't say when/if the ship will get the refurb and I am not thrilled about putting down a non refundable deposit or worse being on a ship that is not up to par with the rest of the fleet.

We sailed on the Reflection (Aqua)  in 2019 and it was awesome, the best cruise we ever took and we still talk about that ship all the time.

I would not hesitate at all to sail on the Constellation even though she has not been revolutionized yet.

I sailed on the CS in the fall of 2019.  Prior to that, I was always on newer S-class ships.  So I too was worried about how worn the ship might look or feel.  

I couldn't find even one problem and I was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the ship and it's condition.

To your point about your deposit.... I wouldn't make a non-refundable deposit on any ship at this point, so you might want to consider refundable deposit bookings only.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The changes that are to be done in the refit are marginal in my opinion.  Constellation in "poor" condition?  Hardly.  Poor suggests she is unfit to go to sea.

Sailed on Mercury on its final days in the Celebrity fleet and even then it showed a bit of wear but with in good condition.

We sailed on the Constellation in July of 2019 and she was in excellent shape.  I was expecting much wear and tear, but could not find anything that needed attention.  I would say that the service and meals were all also fantastic, in my humble opinion.  We were used to the newer, and much larger, Royal ships, and were pleasantly surprised how much we enjoyed our cruise.

We sailed on the Connie fall of 2019, and I thought the ship was wonderful.  There were just a few areas on the outside that I thought might need a little new paint, but overall, it was in really good shape.  We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.  The inside was lovely.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:15 PM, mtnbkr60 said:

We want a May 2022 Western Mediterranean cruise on the Constellation, but like you, we do not want a rundown ship.  

We were on Connie in November 2019 for a Venice-Rome (Italy/Dalmatian Coast) cruise.  The prior ship we were on before that cruise was the Silhouette, which is gorgeous, of course!  Yes, this is an "older" ship, however we did not see any deferred maintenance, and she was very clean, per usual Celebrity standards.  The only thing she didn't have was all of the "latest and greatest" options, including he additional specialty restaurants.  We felt the food quality was the same as our prior Silhouette cruise.  I would not hesitate to sail her again.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Constellation is on the way to Cadiz per cruise mapper.com

Celebrity Constellation current location is at North East Atlantic Ocean (coordinates 36.51870 N / -6.23874 W) cruising en route to CADIZ. The AIS position was reported 9 minutes ago

Something is going to happen with the Constellation. I just transferred two onboard bookings to a B2B with the Conny in December 2022 and I could book a Sunset Veranda. These cabins formerly were a C1. It seems as if these changes will be in place from at least July 2022 on. 

15 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

The Summit and Millenium did so the Constellation most likely will.   Has the Infinity even had a total refurb?

I don't believe Infinity has had a refurbish or revolutionize yet.  I'm on her in Oct 2022.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I guess the blue hull is being reserved for Revolutionized ships.   If ships are painted say every 5 years or more it doesn't bode well for these ships to be Revolutionized any time soon.

Not sure.  I think the S-class ships that have gone into dry dock during the pandemic got the new blue hull.  I'm not sure it bodes well for these ships to be in the fleet long term.

2 hours ago, german_navy said:

Something is going to happen with the Constellation. I just transferred two onboard bookings to a B2B with the Conny in December 2022 and I could book a Sunset Veranda. These cabins formerly were a C1. It seems as if these changes will be in place from at least July 2022 on. 

Those aft cabins have been being re-classified outside of Revolution updates on all the M class ships.  It makes no sense to me as on most sailings I've seen the SV is lower price than C1.   They have reclassified a bunch of mid ship C2 as C1 keeping the deck 6 C1s as well.   Crazy.