No more free internet for platinum & elite

7 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I’ll go one better and say that Princess Plus has become such a good deal that the free minutes have become meaningless. Last year and this year we were supposed to sail under BSE which would have also made the minutes unnecessary, as well as the minibar. Only the laundry remains useful under the new promotions, so I really hope they don’t mess with it. 

That being said, there are other annoying things Princess is doing that are making me look at other lines. The incredible shrinking balconies on Royal class is one. The hatchet job on the Island is another, along with selling Pacific, the last of the small ships.  I’m not leaving Princess, but I’m certainly willing to expand horizons with more of an open mind than I had, which is probably not such a bad thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

You must be reading my mind. I started looking at other lines when Royal Princess came into service. I also found out that Princess has the most uncomfortable rooms at sea compared to Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I prefer to do my own laundry and Princess has self serve laundry. I do wash once mid cruise. Even the free laundry doesn't entice me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disneymom06 said:
On 6/30/2021 at 5:38 AM, dog said:

Not a way to keep my Loyalty  

I wrote to princess customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Dog wrote that over 3 months ago before I personally knew that the new system would not permit auto tracking minutes and that unlimited internet was just $5 a day. Before Steelers36 did all the research. Before I cruised with MC's more reliable internet. I'm satisfied. But @vjmattyis right. It's irrelevant with Best Value Plan. (I'd book that but I'm up to 1150 OBC per cruise so that'll cover Gratuities / drinks / wifi + 200-700 extras)

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You must be reading my mind. I started looking at other lines when Royal Princess came into service. I also found out that Princess has the most uncomfortable rooms at sea compared to Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I prefer to do my own laundry and Princess has self serve laundry. I do wash once mid cruise. Even the free laundry doesn't entice me.

True…Royal and Celebrity include a love seat in their most basic cabins, no need for deluxe or premium level. And I agree on laundry, I hate that there’s no self-serve laundry on those lines, which I sometimes prefer over the free Elite laundry service….they seriously shrank a pair of my jeans once on the Pacific Princess. The problem with Princess is I’m finding fewer cabins on fewer ships that I want to spend extended periods of time sailing in. I know a lot of people just want a place to sleep and store their stuff while they spend most of the time all over the public areas of the ship, but for me it’s like choosing real estate albeit temporarily. To be fair, I’m fussy about hotel locations too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Dog wrote that over 3 months ago before I personally knew that the new system would not permit auto tracking minutes and that unlimited internet was just $5 a day. Before Steelers36 did all the research. Before I cruised with MC's more reliable internet. I'm satisfied. But @vjmattyis right. It's irrelevant with Best Value Plan. (I'd book that but I'm up to 1150 OBC per cruise so that'll cover Gratuities / drinks / wifi + 200-700 extras)

OBC has also become less useful with the new promotions… I’d spend most of it on jewelry if they didn’t downgrade it all to crap in recent years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

OBC has also become less useful with the new promotions… I’d spend most of it on jewelry if they didn’t downgrade it all to crap in recent years. 

Exactly, less important with the Best Value pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

That’s right. Long ago. 

I have my next cruises booked with the premium plus package unlimited wifi, crew incentive & drinks. Included 
Don’t care about losing elite minutes 

• Like 2

I don't either @Disneymom06. Mentally I just increase the cost of cruising by $5 a day and book lowest price. As stated numerous times, I've got more than enough OBC to cover gratuities  / minibar to cover coffee & tea beverages / slots / flowers onboard / excursions 

I need to get away from this cabin fever & cruising is the only way I know that I'm with 100% vaxed people

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’ll go one better and say that Princess Plus has become such a good deal that the free minutes have become meaningless. Last year and this year we were supposed to sail under BSE which would have also made the minutes unnecessary, as well as the minibar. Only the laundry remains useful under the new promotions, so I really hope they don’t mess with it. 

That being said, there are other annoying things Princess is doing that are making me look at other lines. The incredible shrinking balconies on Royal class is one. The hatchet job on the Island is another, along with selling Pacific, the last of the small ships.  I’m not leaving Princess, but I’m certainly willing to expand horizons with more of an open mind than I had, which is probably not such a bad thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Booked on Princess ( elite )  but also exploring Oceania ( 1 booking ) and Azamara ( 2 bookings )

54 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

Booked on Princess ( elite )  but also exploring Oceania ( 1 booking ) and Azamara ( 2 bookings )

Those are the two I’ve been interested in but haven’t sailed yet. Of course having purchased the old Renaissance class ships from Princess is a major factor. 

Right now I'm concentrating on reaching Pinnacle with RCCL mid-next year, since they are giving double points for any cruise until the end of next year.  After that, the only way I'll book Princess is most likely the 10 day Mexican cruise that goes into the Sea of Cortez.  RCCL doesn't have that itinerary.  But, the price has to be good including the Princess Plus add-on.

Not looking like I'm booking Princess any time soon, or until 2023.  Very underwhelmed with the benefit changes.

Shoot...here I was thinking I booked for service, ships and itineraries. Dang! I was supposed to be booking based solely on loyalty benefits? Phooey! I've been doing it all wrong (and will keep doing it all wrong I guess) 😁❣️

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, maggie777 said:

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Those are the two I’ve been interested in but haven’t sailed yet. Of course having purchased the old Renaissance class ships from Princess is a major factor. 

We loved Renaissance. We did probably 10 or more trips in a short period of time and in fact were on a Renaissance ship in the middle of the Tyrrhenian Sea when the company declared bankruptcy. The captain made the announcement at about 10 in the morning, telling us the ship was turning around and returning to Civitavecchia.

We loved Renaissance because we liked it was 18+ and thought we liked smaller ships, but now I don't want to go back to a smaller ship. You do lose some amenities on smaller ships.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ombud said:

I don't either @Disneymom06. Mentally I just increase the cost of cruising by $5 a day and book lowest price. As stated numerous times, I've got more than enough OBC to cover gratuities  / minibar to cover coffee & tea beverages / slots / flowers onboard / excursions 

I need to get away from this cabin fever & cruising is the only way I know that I'm with 100% vaxed people

I don’t hav any OBC. 

18 minutes ago, Disneymom06 said:

I don’t hav any OBC. 

Well if it were me, I'd be calling my TA, PVP, or the general number if I didn't use either of those and asking them to add the up to 200 OBC per room to my booking (offer includes free specialty dinner but expires soon). Then there's the military & shareholder I'd see if I was eligible & having that added to. That's up to another 500 OBC per room. Then once I bought the wifi there's the final 5+ per day. 

Maybe your cruise also dropped in price!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I received a call from a Princess customer service rep in response to my email expressing my disappointment over the changes to the Captain’s Circle benefits.

• Internet: The reason given for eliminating all minute based plans was due to the problems created when accidentally remaining logged in & needing to have the Internet manager correct the problem. The unlimited internet plan will cost $9.99 in advance & $14.99 onboard. A 50% discount is added to your folio as a non-refundable OBC because it’s a Captain’s Circle benefit.
  •  

So I am trying to figure out how to purchase the unlimited internet plan in advance.  I have to check in to work, even on the high seas and hate using my phone as a hotspot. Any ideas how to do this? 

9 minutes ago, sunneesmile said:

So I am trying to figure out how to purchase the unlimited internet plan in advance.  I have to check in to work, even on the high seas and hate using my phone as a hotspot. Any ideas how to do this? 

You do it on the app. When you sign in you go to OceanReady. drop down three to MedallionNet and you purchase it there. Good luck. 

Edited by CruzDayz

12 minutes ago, sunneesmile said:

Or call Princess to set this up (1-800-774-6237). Be prepared for a long hold time.

Edited by Musky Ike
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 10:10 AM, Ombud said:

No need to answer if you do not want to but how did you get so much OBC per cruise?

50 minutes ago, sunneesmile said:

Since the post you quoted, things have changed and been clarified.  You will receive the 50% benefit as REFUNDABLE OBC.  In fact, they are supposed to have the MC App purchase recognized loyalty and only charge you the net 50%, but that doesn't appear to be implemented at this time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brisalta said:

No need to answer if you do not want to but how did you get so much OBC per cruise?

Started with 2 paid cruises & 1 with FCD. I had 7 cruises canceled but here's how compensation went:

> 2 March 2020 Grand Princesses canceled.  Refunded 1st, rebooked 2nd for same cruise 4/2022. I canceled 9/20 HK -> Sydney & let FCD ride.  Took 5.5 months to settle out Grand cancelations so OBC. 

> other March 2020 paid off 1st TA 

> 200 OBC for the 1st canceled TA. Still didn't request FCD to be refunded. Rebooked 6 months later 

> 400 OBC for 2nd TA canceled. Lamented with CSR Supervisor that I'd accept anything even just an overnight cruise to Angel Island (that became a standing joke)

> then Alaska canceled by Princess in error. PVP got me more OBC

> 100 - 250 OBC for Shareholders on each

> 50 - 110 OBC from PVP per cruise

> promos 

It all adds up

I feel sorry (well, not really) for PCL because my 8/15/21, 12/9/21, 4/23/22 cruises plus 1 night hotel / airfare on 2 covered with FCC. 4/23 goes from my home port. I will owe up to 2k for my European cruise + airfare next fall so eventually they'll get $$s from me. 

Not all 5 have 1150 OBC but I have enough to cover gratuities / internet, will trade minibars for coffee + minimum of 200 incidentals. 

In 2020 they were doing whatever necessary to keep us from asking for refunds. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

> 400 OBC for 2nd TA canceled. Lamented with CSR Supervisor that I'd accept anything even just an overnight cruise to Angel Island (that became a standing joke)

You can swim to Angel Island from the Marin shore. No need to cruise there. I know a woman who did that when she was young and foolish.

Maybe you should just get an all day pass for the the San Francisco Bay ferries and have a day cruise? Is Hornblower running on the Bay at the moment?