Where do you go on the Princess site to purchase a bottle of gin to keep in your cabin?

janniebabe

Ive contacted Princess twice about this issue.  I also can't find the spirits section under Princess cellars for my upcoming January 16 cruise to Hawaii.  I see sparking, red and white wine but no spirits.  Both PVP's tried to see if they could order spirits for my cruise as a gift, not available.  They said perhaps its too soon to appear for 2022 cruise.  Not sure if I believe that as others here say they can see the spirits section on their 2022 cruises and beyond. 

4 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Princess Cellars.   Gordon’s and Bombay appear to be available for our December cruise.

Woud you mind letting me know what the charge is for a bottle of vodka and whiskey?  Or maybe you could take a photo and post the prices of the spirits?  Are buckets of beers also listed? 

Thanks so much

5 hours ago, janniebabe said:

I know I did this the last cruise I went on but can't find it!  We don't sail until next year but would like to know where to go when I am ready to purchase 🙂 

Call room service.

4 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Ive contacted Princess twice about this issue.  I also can't find the spirits section under Princess cellars for my upcoming January 16 cruise to Hawaii.  I see sparking, red and white wine but no spirits.  Both PVP's tried to see if they could order spirits for my cruise as a gift, not available.  They said perhaps its too soon to appear for 2022 cruise.  Not sure if I believe that as others here say they can see the spirits section on their 2022 cruises and beyond. 

Apparently the liquor still shows up for some folks but not for others. Like you, it has disappeared for me for all of my cruises. Princess IT strikes again...

35 minutes ago, donswife said:

I thought they sold full bottles on the room service menu. 

No. Room Service bottles are 375ml and cost, on average, the same as a 750ml bottle in California. If you are from Canada then they are pretty much normal pricing.

You can purchase full sized bottles from the shop onboard but can't take them to your cabin. They will be delivered to your cabin the last night before disembarkation.  If you are on a B2B you can buy full sized bottles on the first leg and they will be delivered the last night of that segment and you can actually have them in your cabin for the next segment.

No spirits show up in Princess Cellars for our February 2022 voyage. Maybe closer to the sailing or maybe you would have to order once on board. If you booked the plus fare you can ask for your spirit straight anytime you ae returning to your cabin, and store it in a container, example clean water bottle.  

I searched  yesterday  and could not find any prices for liquor .  How can Princess simply remove something  that was working  unless someone has decided to eliminate liquor for in cabin purchases ,

8 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Woud you mind letting me know what the charge is for a bottle of vodka and whiskey?  Or maybe you could take a photo and post the prices of the spirits?  Are buckets of beers also listed? 

Thanks so much

Liquor shows up for my upcoming cruise to Hawaii.  Hope this helps.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

• Like 2

So weird that it's there for some and has vanished for others. I only get the wine selections. Fortunately I didn't intend to purchase liquor for the cabin. I'm guessing it "should" still be among the room service selections once onboard.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you are on a B2B you can buy full sized bottles on the first leg and they will be delivered the last night of that segment and you can actually have them in your cabin for the next segment.

Hopefully!

I have always found it safer to wait until they have take-away liquor in the shops ... usually on the last sea day.

If they stop me then, because I am on a B2B, I can decide whether or not to continue with the purchase.

5 hours ago, 4hunters said:

Liquor shows up for my upcoming cruise to Hawaii.  Hope this helps.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

4hunters - Thank you for the price listing.  Doesn't seem like the prices have changed much from 2019 which concerns me as everything else has gone up.  Makes me wonder if starting in 2022 the ability to pre-purchase spirits before boarding will go away.  Is your cruise in 2021 or 2022?

Edited by Therese S.

8 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

4hunters - Thank you for the price listing.  Doesn't seem like the prices have changed much from 2019 which concerns me as everything else has gone up.  Makes me wonder if starting in 2022 the ability to pre-purchase spirits before boarding will go away.  Is your cruise in 2021 or 2022?

I can only see the option to pre-purchase on 2021 cruises.   Hopefully we can still purchase thru room service.

29 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

November 5, 2021. 

I think that this has been brought up here before.  And, it seems to be an issue with the Princess APP and Web-Site.    (not that they will no longer offer Spirits)  We have a deposit on a cruise that might not happen.  I think the Liquor shows up online, but not the APP.    There have been MANY problems as Princess has tried to develop the APP and merge it go with the Cruise Planner online.   Not just Spirits.

Hopefully will be worked out at some point, soon!

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

You can purchase full sized bottles from the shop onboard but can't take them to your cabin. They will be delivered to your cabin the last night before disembarkation.  If you are on a B2B you can buy full sized bottles on the first leg and they will be delivered the last night of that segment and you can actually have them in your cabin for the next segment.

I read that you could do this, however on the last b2b we did (May of 2019) they did not allow it. It must depend on who’s working that day. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I read that you could do this, however on the last b2b we did (May of 2019) they did not allow it. It must depend on who’s working that day. 

In the past there was a table outside the shop that was also handling the sales. They only manually wrote receipts which would be entered into the computer system later. If you purchased at that table, there was no way for them to check your status at the time of purchase.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:38 PM, Therese S. said:

I’ve been trying to find out also.  No luck. Some can see the liquor in their cruise personalizer.  Maybe its just 2021 cruisers?  PCL said call back later this year or recheck online for 2022 cruises.  It would be nice to know by final payment in October.

Please keep us updated if you find out about 2022, and I will, as well.  Sure hope they are not going to be discontinued, like our free internet minutes for P/E members. 🙁

Thanks,  Tonna