Cruise Check In

7 minutes ago, Vibe said:

For those that have upcoming cruises soon. How and when are you checking in, website or app? if you are using the app, do you have any tips?

thank you for starting this topic. 
I was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

We are sailing on Freedom of the Seas August 6-9. We checked in via the app, which is very user-friendly.

There are three sections for each person: Travel Info, Arrival Time, and Health & Safety. Travel Info and Arrival Time should be completed as soon as you able; the Health & Safety section will be available the day before you cruise. Travel Info is your passport, security photo (taken through the app), emergency contact, etc. Arrival Time had us select a 30-minute window to arrive at the port (the earliest one we saw was 1-1:30 p.m. for a 7 p.m. departure).

Once we filled in the two available sections, we saw a "Not yet cleared to board" alert, which just shows that before we get onboard, we have to "Answer the health and safety questions the day before your cruise" and "Pass the wellness check at the terminal." The app said it will remind us the day before the cruise as well.

Hope this helps!

Edited by ahughes517
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The app is very easy once check in is available for your cruise. 

When uploading photos I could not get them right side up. Just sideways or upside down. I gave up and we are all sideways. 🤣

While the app says the day before, the health questions will become available 24 hours before your check-in time. We got an email at 10:30am yesterday but could not actually complete them until 12:00pm. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WxNerd said:

The app is very easy once check in is available for your cruise. 

When uploading photos I could not get them right side up. Just sideways or upside down. I gave up and we are all sideways. 🤣

While the app says the day before, the health questions will become available 24 hours before your check-in time. We got an email at 10:30am yesterday but could not actually complete them until 12:00pm. 

Does the option to check in automatically just show up in the app?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

When do you show your vaccination card, at the terminal when you are checking in or do you have to give information on the Health online information?

It appears you show your vaccination card at the terminal. I haven’t seen an option for uploading it to the app. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Someone posted a few days ago that they could not even check in on a computer and had to use the app which I find hard to believe.  Has anyone had luck checking in on your laptop?

I agree. Not everyone has a smartphone or even a computer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

AND if you don't check in online what would be your arrival time?  Can you show up whenever you like?   Edit to add.  Like my mom who has neither computer or smartphone

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Reminds me of the last night we spent in CA a few weeks ago.   The Hilton Hotel we were staying at the night before sent me an email that I had to check in on the app to get the "key" to our room door.  The app would not download and was very frustrating.  I finally just called the hotel and she told me it was not needed...they were just checking guests in as usual at the front desk.  

Ugghh...not happy with forced app check ins.  I have always done my check in on the laptop, and hope I can still do so, then print set sail pass.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

AND if you don't check in online what would be your arrival time?  Can you show up whenever you like?   Edit to add.  Like my mom who has neither computer or smartphone

Maybe my wife and I will just show up when we want (early) and pretend we aren't hooked up to the World Wide Web. 😏

• Like 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Reminds me of the last night we spent in CA a few weeks ago.   The Hilton Hotel we were staying at the night before sent me an email that I had to check in on the app to get the "key" to our room door.  The app would not download and was very frustrating.  I finally just called the hotel and she told me it was not needed...they were just checking guests in as usual at the front desk.  

Ugghh...not happy with forced app check ins.  I have always done my check in on the laptop, and hope I can still do so, then print set sail pass.  

I agree. I really don't see the ole' computer/laptop option of checking in and printing off our SetSail passes and luggage tags going away. I still print off our boarding passes for all our flights.

• Like 5

Just now, davekathy said:

I agree. I really don't see the ole' computer/laptop option of checking in and printing off our SetSail passes and luggage tags going away. I still print off our boarding passes for all our flights.

For flights, I use the kiosks at the airport, or the check in counter.  Not sure why I don't print boarding pass ahead of time...but I always have the printed out flight information and reservation code with me.  

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

For flights, I use the kiosks at the airport, or the check in counter.  Not sure why I don't print boarding pass ahead of time...but I always have the printed out flight information and reservation code with me.  

What bugs me is those that hold up the lines (no matter what business it is) trying to figure out how to use their smartphones. My luck, the battery for the phone would die just when I needed it. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I still print off our boarding passes

We only use our phone now, no paper needed since THEY send us the tickets on the Delta app it's no problem...we love it.  I will love this new check in system as well.  No problem since we both have the app, no way both phones would fail.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Even the Amish have phones. They are powered by kerosene, but they are phones. 🙂

In Amish Country, the Future Is Calling - The New York Times

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We only use our phone now, no paper needed since THEY send us the tickets on the Delta app it's no problem...we love it.  I will love this new check in system as well.  No problem since we both have the app, no way both phones would fail.

I guess I'm  slow at moving forward. We still have a landline. 🤣

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Someone always says that, but in reality, how many people are we talking about like that, that cruise?  My parents are 83 and have both.  My MIL, on the other hand doesn't, but she's too disabled to even think about cruising.  I can't think of anyone else I know that doesn't have either or both.  

• Like 1