Cabana on CocoCay

Curious question....

Is anyone really paying 1000 dollars to have a cabana for the day? Or 1700 for a floating cabana for the day?

We are sailing in October and just started to look at things to do. I was amazed at those prices.

I've booked a Thrill Waterpark cabana for our extended family of 4 adults 2 kids April 2022

it was $699 and will keep my eye out for a sale. The last time we booked it for our May 2020  RCI cancelled cruise they were $499.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

Thats more reasonable.

I booked in January when it was still questionable as too whether it would sail, I can't believe it's finally happening. 

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

The prices are still high for Adventure.  So congrats!

I’m on adventure on July 24. Check when your cruise is about three weeks away or less hopefully will drop like they did for me

• Like 3

August 7th for us so yes I will!!!

41 minutes ago, Moltar said:

I’m on adventure on July 24. Check when your cruise is about three weeks away or less hopefully will drop like they did for me

• Like 1

we enjoyed cabana's on Labadee.  However, the price on cococay is exhorbitant.  We will only book a beach club day, which is excellent.

Will not consider a cabana on Cococay.  IMO only worth it if you are at least six people sharing the expense.

• Like 1

We are missing out on a much planned for 12 night British Isles cruise this summer. One cruise we booked to help get over the loss was our January cruise on Freedom. We are splurging on the Beach Club beach cabana for $1000 for our family. By comparison to what we would have spent, we think it will be worth it. How much we like it will determine if we are willing to spend more for an over the water cabana in the future. 

Our 7/17 Adventure Cabanas (chill beach, pool cabanas and thrill waterpark) have been $499 all week.  Before July they had been $999 for at least 6 weeks.  No drops to the crazy prices for Beach Club cabanas though.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:07 PM, FPP777 said:

Is anyone really paying 1000 dollars to have a cabana for the day? Or 1700 for a floating cabana for the day?

Some of the cabana categories are selling out on our upcoming cruise, and those are the going prices ... so apparently yes, some people are! 

2 hours ago, slease said:

Our 7/17 Adventure Cabanas (chill beach, pool cabanas and thrill waterpark) have been $499 all week.  Before July they had been $999 for at least 6 weeks.  No drops to the crazy prices for Beach Club cabanas though.

Correct, actually they are more expensive then when we purchased! 

On 7/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, FPP777 said:

Curious question....

We are sailing in October and just started to look at things to do. I was amazed at those prices.

Some people are, but keep checking and the price might go down.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:51 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

If you get a cabana at a great price...it's well worth it.

I agree! I used to pay $399 and last time I paid $499. Can't believe the price for my Thanksgiving week Harmony cruise is $1,200!! Might have to pass this time 😞 

5 hours ago, Baowen said:

I agree! I used to pay $399 and last time I paid $499. Can't believe the price for my Thanksgiving week Harmony cruise is $1,200!! Might have to pass this time 😞 

Yeah - the cabana's are great - we enjoyed ours near the wave pool...

But no cabana is worth anything near the $1299 asking price...

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 8:58 AM, CruiseBride926 said:

We paid $800 for a coco beach club cabana (not the floating one) that we are splitting with my parents. For 6 people it seemed worth it but I understand that “worth it” is different for everyone. 

Considering the cost to get into the Beach Club is $179pp on my next cruise, the cabana for $800 split between six people is a bargain!

• Like 2