I am so confused...

I have scanned these boards and there is different answers all over, so I apologize if they have already been answered, but I am going to ask again.  

We are supposed to depart Pt. Canaveral, FL on the Allure OTS in August 2021. Both of us are vaccinated, and have been so since March.

Apparently we will set up boarding times and health questionnaires on my phone. ( I hate having that on my phone). Will I do the "Check-in" (where you put your passport info) on my computer? How far in advance can I do it? Need to print baggage tags.

Since we are vaccinated, will we need to provide a PCR test ? If so, can anyone suggest were we get one?

Is a bandana ok for use in the terminal, or masks only?

Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, wannagonow123 said:

I have scanned these boards and there is different answers all over, so I apologize if they have already been answered, but I am going to ask again.  

We are supposed to depart Pt. Canaveral, FL on the Allure OTS in August 2021. Both of us are vaccinated, and have been so since March.

Apparently we will set up boarding times and health questionnaires on my phone. ( I hate having that on my phone). Will I do the "Check-in" (where you put your passport info) on my computer? How far in advance can I do it? Need to print baggage tags.

Since we are vaccinated, will we need to provide a PCR test ? If so, can anyone suggest were we get one?

Is a bandana ok for use in the terminal, or masks only?

Thanks in advance.

Your going to want some comfy masks.

I got a mask anyway even if it's not required for embarkation, and yes, I am vaccinated.  State and local governments each have their own rules about masking, so I'm going to carry mine with me just in case it's needed.  You can buy some cute or funny ones off of Amazon real cheap.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1

You can check in via your account on the website (ie, from your desktop/laptop) but that info will also be in the app on your phone since it’s the same account. This was available to complete for my late august sailing around 85 days out.  The luggage tags won’t be available to print until the week or so before sailing (based on lots of anecdotal info).  

I would keep tabs on testing requirements closer to your sailing date, as things change frequently and not always with a lot of notice.

Edited by 3kidsncats

We are in NY state and were able to get to get an app from NYS showing that each of us has a complete vaccination.  Not sure if other states offer that. We also keep our cdc paper copies with our passports.

4 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

Will I do the "Check-in" (where you put your passport info) on my computer? How far in advance can I do it?

Online check-in, either on your computer or through the app should be open now.

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

If vaccinated you do not need a PCR test.  Here's the info from their website  No decisions made yet on mask wearing 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=florida-august

The really silly thing is even if vaccinated, you can still catch and be an active carrier of Covid, before and while on board.  You could even be asymptomatic, but yet zero testing is required if you are "vaccinated"....  yet be just as contagious as the unvaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

The really silly thing is even if vaccinated, you can still catch and be an active carrier of Covid, before and while on board.  You could even be asymptomatic, but yet zero testing is required if you are "vaccinated"....  yet be just as contagious as the unvaccinated.

Microbiologist here!  This is inaccurate...this vaccine behaves just like others- such as measles- you are not "carrying" or spreading". The virus can get in your body and the vaccine has allowed you to build an army of memory cells that react immediately to destroy it.  Even a positive test means that they detect remnants of the virus but not an active virus.  This vaccine continues to prove itself as better than expected.  Be careful what you read in news headlines - it has been quite frustrating as a scientist to see misleading headlines.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

I did receive the Vaccination Status Request email today from RCCL for our 08/30/21 Mariner cruise. Felt so good to say we're fully vaccinated and will be an honor to show proof. Now, just waiting for the test cruise to be completed so we can do the check in! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Microbiologist here!  This is inaccurate...this vaccine behaves just like others- such as measles- you are not "carrying" or spreading". The virus can get in your body and the vaccine has allowed you to build an army of memory cells that react immediately to destroy it.  Even a positive test means that they detect remnants of the virus but not an active virus.  This vaccine continues to prove itself as better than expected.  Be careful what you read in news headlines - it has been quite frustrating as a scientist to see misleading headlines.  

Thank you from an ER doc who wants to pull his remaining hair out.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

I did receive the Vaccination Status Request email today from RCCL for our 08/30/21 Mariner cruise. Felt so good to say we're fully vaccinated and will be an honor to show proof. Now, just waiting for the test cruise to be completed so we can do the check in! 

We are on the Mariner 8/23 and did not get one nor did we get the email saying that they will be departing an hour later.  Did you book direct or thru a TA?

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

On Allure 8/15, have not received Vaccination Status Request, but did get one for my 2/5/22 cruise on Enchantment!  Go figure!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyfincruiser said:

We are sailing in August - Aug 15 on Allure- still no online checkin available but we did get an update from RC today in email on what to expect on August cruises.  No mention of needing masks onboard as is on Freedom now.  

Have you received a vaccination status request e-mail for 8/15 cruise?

Looks like my link would work for any cruise. I sent to Molly (Ellen) and she was able to change booking number and date and filled it out. If you got the link for another sailing, just change the info and enter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

We are sailing in August - Aug 15 on Allure- still no online checkin available but we did get an update from RC today in email on what to expect on August cruises.  No mention of needing masks onboard as is on Freedom now.  

We are on SY in August as well...and I agree.  That email did not even discuss the onboard protocols such as masking and what kind of exclusion areas there would be for unvaxxed.  That's important information that I need !  My guess is that they are tired of the vaxxed cancelling b/c of masking requirements and just don't include that information !

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We are on the Mariner 8/23 and did not get one nor did we get the email saying that they will be departing an hour later.  Did you book direct or thru a TA?

Maybe check your trash bin.  For some reason both the protocol and vaccination emails went to my trash.  If I hadn't been there looking for something else, I would never have seen them !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

I am not a microbiologist, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn, but my point was not that simply getting the vaccine can cause it to spread (which I agree it can't), but a "subsequent" infection or "breakthrough" infection would act the same as an initial infection.  Are you saying that a subsequent infection, either getting it a second time (with no vaccine) or a first time after vaccine (breakthrough), is no longer transmissible to a 3rd party?  If so, then my point that a vaccinated person, that has an asymptomatic breakthrough infection shortly before or during the cruise, would not be possible to spread if a second infection is no longer transmissible would truly be wonderful news.  But, if a second/subsequent infection is transmissible, then the cruise line is not even testing vaccinated people for that possibility.

7 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I am not a microbiologist, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn, but my point was not that simply getting the vaccine can cause it to spread (which I agree it can't), but a "subsequent" infection or "breakthrough" infection would act the same as an initial infection.  Are you saying that a subsequent infection, either getting it a second time (with no vaccine) or a first time after vaccine (breakthrough), is no longer transmissible to a 3rd party?  If so, then my point that a vaccinated person, that has an asymptomatic breakthrough infection shortly before or during the cruise, would not be possible to spread if a second infection is no longer transmissible would truly be wonderful news.  But, if a second/subsequent infection is transmissible, then the cruise line is not even testing vaccinated people for that possibility.

I’m sorry- I don’t understand your question and the terminology. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

10 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you both for trying!  I'm afraid to say more for fear of starting a "discussion."  But some of us really appreciate expert confirmation.

10 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

48 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Thank you both for trying!  I'm afraid to say more for fear of starting a "discussion."  But some of us really appreciate expert confirmation.

Absolutely.