Updated Information for those Sailing Soon

LAFFNVEGAS

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I can report I am seeing changes on my Navigator App today, it now breaks down the cruise to number of days, hours and minutes. Then under planning it now is showing my Shore Excursions and Spa appointment that previously were not showing yesterday but Dining Reservations are not showing as of yet. But this is a nice improvement. I think it will all be working quite well once we are on the ship 😂

Edited by PSR
For some reason I was unable to reply directly to the above post

I wanted to reply to LAFFNVEGAS and others that the Navigator app has started to function for me as described above in post #126, after not working at all. I was so excited last night that I did not notice if my dining times were listed. Hope others are finally getting function from the app!

• Like 1

Later this evening brought more updates to the Navigator App, there is now three boxes at the top. One is for getting boarding pass but right now it just takes you to Hollandamerica.com and you have to go to your check in from there. But the second box is to upload or take a security photo.

369F0B03-4873-4D62-BDA2-9BF8FCCC11DC.png

A14CE38E-94D9-4BD8-8EEB-14C227314101.png

265893DB-C34E-4D10-9A01-42B406F7F71E.png

• Like 2

I Still cannot get the app to load security questions. I'm a high tech person. I've deleted and reloaded it a dozen times (on an iPhone 10). Frustrated, yes, so I can only imagine less techie cruisers reactions!

17 hours ago, boze9999 said:

I Still cannot get the app to load security questions. I'm a high tech person. I've deleted and reloaded it a dozen times (on an iPhone 10). Frustrated, yes, so I can only imagine less techie cruisers reactions!

If you access to a computer, have you been able to do your check in through the website?  I found that much easier to navigate using a regular keyboard and bigger screen.   

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

If you access to a computer, have you been able to do your check in through the website?  I found that much easier to navigate using a regular keyboard and bigger screen.   

Yes, I checked in with a computer.  Much easier in my opinion.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

Yes, I checked in with a computer.  Much easier in my opinion.  

35 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

I agree and did just that - I was mostly trying to re-set up the updated app and it is not cooperating! 

Don't know if this will impact Nieuw Amsterdam's itinerary or not. From today's USA Today: Masks are now required in city buildings in Sitka after a spike of 60 new COVID-19 cases in the past week. City officials said 18 of the 60 new cases were reported in people who were fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

Cruising in today's COVID world is going to be everchanging and we all need to be prepared to go with the flow, including masking, even for those of us who are vaccinated, if required by local authorities.  We also need to be aware that itineraries can be changed last-minute due to outbreaks (or a host of other reasons which are out of the cruise lines' control) so again, if we get on a ship, we must go with the flow. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, zelker said:

Cruising in today's COVID world is going to be everchanging and we all need to be prepared to go with the flow, including masking, even for those of us who are vaccinated, if required by local authorities.  

Excellent point!  If we are cruising in the next couple of months (or perhaps more) we need to be flexible and to understand that the crew, and cruise lines, are doing their best to respond to circumstances that may change with little notice. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Could someone explain the color coding for Nieuw Amsterdam on this page? Thanks! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

From further in the article:

• Green status means the ship has no reports of cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness.
  • Orange status means the ship has reported cases of COVID-19 but is below the threshold for CDC investigation.
  • Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.
  • Red status means the ship is at or above the threshold for passenger and crew COVID-19 cases. Based on CDC’s investigation, additional precautions, such as returning to port immediately or delaying the next voyage, will be taken if it is suspected that continuing normal operations may subject on board travelers or newly arriving travelers to disease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

From further in the article: ....

Thanks for your response. I saw the definitions for Yellow, but was curious what the circumstances are. Does anyone have further details?

Edited by syesmar

5 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

From further in the article:

• Green status means the ship has no reports of cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness.
  • Orange status means the ship has reported cases of COVID-19 but is below the threshold for CDC investigation.
  • Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation because the ship has met one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.
  • Red status means the ship is at or above the threshold for passenger and crew COVID-19 cases. Based on CDC’s investigation, additional precautions, such as returning to port immediately or delaying the next voyage, will be taken if it is suspected that continuing normal operations may subject on board travelers or newly arriving travelers to disease.

So how is the Nieuw Amsterdam sailing in two days when’s it’s a code yellow???

Not sure the FAQ really  answers anything:

Should I be concerned if a cruise ship status is “Orange” or “Yellow”?

CDC acknowledges that it is not possible for cruising to be a zero-risk activity for spread of COVID-19. Cruising will always pose some risk of COVID-19 transmission. Therefore, public health measures, including testing and vaccinations, will continue to play a role. CDC recommends that all travelers (passengers and crew) get fully vaccinated against COVID-19. CDC recommends that people who are not fully vaccinated avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 2

More CDC info ...

What happens if there are cases of COVID-19 reported on board a restricted passenger voyage?

CDC will investigate cruise ships that reach the investigation threshold for COVID-19 cases among crew or passengers. As part of the investigation, CDC will obtain additional information from the cruise ship, such as case exposure histories, details about close contacts, traveler vaccination rates, and medical capacities.

CDC will work closely with the cruise line and consider multiple factors before assigning a “Red” status to the ship.

I assume that MS Nieuw Amsterdam can sail in a "YELLOW" CDC CSO CSC status. But, of course, if the CDC investigation resulted in a change to "RED" status later on, then voyages would be canceled until such time as she is returned to "GREEN" status. What would be VERY bad for all concerned, is if she sailed on Saturday as "YELLOW", became "RED" on, say, Monday, and had to terminate the voyage and return to Seattle. What then would the Port of Seattle, the city of Seattle, King County, and the state of Washington do with a "RED" ship. Here we go again!

If I were Gus Antorcha, I don't think that I would sail a "YELLOW" ship, unless I knew with absolute 100% certainty, that it could not or would not go "RED". The PR media response to a "RED" ship is beyond my comprehension. Also, I can not imagine Mickey Arison's response to a "RED" ship in his active fleet. No, I would only sail a "GREEN" ship. We shall see.

5 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Seth Wayne is hosting an event today at 3 pm ET on FB.  This is with the cruise director Valerie Perry.  I have a reminder set to watch.  Hopefully my 2 pm meeting is done by then.

Would be surprised if they discuss it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

True, but they do respond to questions in the chat. So if I can join it live I’ll ask.

I just posted it on his Facebook page under the notice for the Live Chat - maybe he'll see it there before he goes live.

• Like 2