Sunset Veranda or Concierge Class on Edge

kebrown

I am currently booked in a Sunset Veranda aboard the Edge but now I see that the Concierge Class cabins are the same price as Sunset Veranda.  Should I move up to Concierge Class for the same price or stay in the Sunset Veranda?  I do not know how much of a difference there is in these two cabins since I have never been on the Edge.  I am also not interested in acquiring additional Captain's Club points since we are already Elite.

For me, the main difference is that the SV has a traditional balcony, whereas Concierge class has the Infinite Balcony. There are other upgrades with Concierge, but I willingly trade those off for a real balcony.

• Like 6

I would not give up an SV with a traditional balcony on Edge for all the tea in China.

They were all booked by the time we were able to change to our August booking so we are giving the infinite balcony a try. 

• Like 4

I would pick a SV over the Concierge cabin any day of the week.

Other than the 2 extra CC points the other Concierge  perks are mainly marketing fluff.  If you are sailing in a cold climate ( Antartica) then the floor to ceiling window could be a plus; or if you never go out on the balcony them. concierge cabin would be fine.  

• Thanks 1

Stay in a sunset veranda cabin.  You get a true balcony and a beautiful view.  CC cabins, and regular infinite veranda cabins- with some added things.  However the cabin itself is blah.  Didn't like the infinite veranda style cabins at all.  Really a cabin with a window that opens, sometimes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kebrown said:

I am currently booked in a Sunset Veranda aboard the Edge but now I see that the Concierge Class cabins are the same price as Sunset Veranda.  Should I move up to Concierge Class for the same price or stay in the Sunset Veranda?  I do not know how much of a difference there is in these two cabins since I have never been on the Edge.  I am also not interested in acquiring additional Captain's Club points since we are already Elite.

SV. SV.  SV.  Keep it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had booked a Concierge on the 7/31 sailing since it was only $50 more than regular veranda...then low & behold an SV opened up & I JUMPED. And it was cheaper!

SV balconies are big enough to fit loungers. If you ask your cabin steward they can bring you some!

The difference between an SV and CC class cabin is the balcony. An SV has a "true" balcony that you would expect on a cruise ship. The CC is an "infinite" veranda (balcony) which is really like having a floor to ceiling window with the top half that opens. The faux balcony area of the infinite veranda is part of the room. The captain also can close the window in the infinite veranda or lock it out so you can't open it in inclement weather conditions. In general people either love or hate the infinite veranda.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The difference between an SV and CC class cabin is the balcony. An SV has a "true" balcony that you would expect on a cruise ship. The CC is an "infinite" veranda (balcony) which is really like having a floor to ceiling window with the top half that opens. The faux balcony area of the infinite veranda is part of the room. The captain also can close the window in the infinite veranda or lock it out so you can't open it in inclement weather conditions. In general people either love or hate the infinite veranda.

Hate.

• Like 1

Another vote for the FV.  Without even thinking about it, we'll only sail the Edge class ships if we can book and FV.  I don't care for the IVs at all.  IV's simply don't have a balcony; as others have mentioned, it's a window that opens; can be shut by the bridge; reminds me of a train or bus window that opens.  We were in one on our first Edge cruise.  We wouldn't book it again, even in Concierge class.  

Enjoy whichever choice you make!