Heads Up.............if you have a B2B2B booked............

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

I'm not saying it doesn't suck...but there's a reason why the cruises I've booked are ones I drive to. And also why I haven't committed to the Europe trip I want to take this fall/winter because I'm waiting to see how things shake out for the first few months before I commit non-refundable funds to a trip. 

There's just a bit of risk to any travel right now once you start adding lots of players. And cruises have a lot of players. 

Unfortunately, the vast majority of us don't have the luxury of choosing cruises we can drive to.  The only ones near me like that are on Lake Michigan LOL.  If we want to cruise this year, we have to risk flying in.  

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

News to me. I assume this is just a rcl decision, as I'm booked b2b in october but on carnival. 

I'd like to know about this required antigen test for b2b. Yikes. 

For those on B2B (at least on AOS) they are doing the “5 day” test everyone else gets, but on turn around day.  So while everyone else is disembarking, you go get your test, and then head over to the B2B waiting area (can’t remember if it was a lounge or restaurant).  Once your tests come back negative, they process the new keycard/check in stuff, and you wait until they do the official scan out with old card, scan in with new card.  Nothing alarming

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

For those on B2B (at least on AOS) they are doing the “5 day” test everyone else gets, but on turn around day.  So while everyone else is disembarking, you go get your test, and then head over to the B2B waiting area (can’t remember if it was a lounge or restaurant).  Once your tests come back negative, they process the new keycard/check in stuff, and you wait until they do the official scan out with old card, scan in with new card.  Nothing alarming

Thanks. I'm asking for the b2b policy out of the usa.

I have a B2B2B on Odyssey next month (8/22, 8/28, 9/5) and have not heard anything about the 3rd not being allowed.  We just booked the 3rd leg a few days ago as well as the airfare.  I hope if they are not going to allow us on the 3rd leg they tell us soon.

I have another one booked on Allure in November (11/8, 11/14, 11/21).  That one I also have an Oasis cruise just before on 11/3.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Seems reasonable.  You would think they could just do it again for B2B2B.

UPDATE.................

We just saw the Captain and CSM and they were on their way to a big meeting................the consensus is that the policy enacted yesterday is being revised right now...........so..........I promise to post as soon as I hear the "orders of the day"!!!!!!

I feel I have a responsibility to update as I felt the same way when I originally posted - trying to keep the great people on CC current on "live" happenings. On one hand I don't want fellow cruisers to be impacted later for their vacation not knowing what is happening.........and now with such a fluid situation you don't want to jump the gun.

Stay tuned to what we learn!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I have a B2B2B on Odyssey next month (8/22, 8/28, 9/5) and have not heard anything about the 3rd not being allowed.  We just booked the 3rd leg a few days ago as well as the airfare.  I hope if they are not going to allow us on the 3rd leg they tell us soon.

I have another one booked on Allure in November (11/8, 11/14, 11/21).  That one I also have an Oasis cruise just before on 11/3.

Stay tuned - I will try and get the "New" orders of the day. Hopefully the management here on Celebrity will know what brands may or may not be affected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

For the US Celebrity cruisers on a B2B - an antigen test has been required the evening before the end of the cruise to qualify for embarking the next cruise.

Edited by cruise wizard

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Seems reasonable.  You would think they could just do it again for B2B2B.

You would think.  I’m not booked on a B2B2B, but would be VERY annoyed to be told while onboard that my final week is being cancelled for no truly good reason.  I’m looking forward to my B2B next month — now I’ll be anxious that the stop allowing those too.

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

I would love to hear the scientific reasoning behind the decision.

Here’s the science.  Everyone wants to know how safe it is to cruise. That is why we have all of the precautions being made.  Now if a passenger has taken the precautions required to board and has been living in an environment that the cruise line has tried to make as safe as possible, how will the cruise line  know how good they are doing if the passenger stays a 3rd week?  You need to replace with a passenger that has more of a chance to be at risk.  It’s a better way to test protocol.

13 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Stay tuned - I will try and get the "New" orders of the day. Hopefully the management here on Celebrity will know what brands may or may not be affected.

Thanks!  I hope they reverse the decision and you get to stay onboard!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks. I'm asking for the b2b policy out of the usa.

Guess it is also in the US  Someone just posted on FB who is on the Freedom now and doing a b2b and they have to get tested.  Mine isn't until November so hoping that is not the case by then 

• Thanks 1

Will be interesting to see if Royal also bans B2B2B. We currently have 5 sets (15 cruises) of B2B2B booked. We have only done 21 day cruises for the past 15 years. Super Mario exemption????

Edited by FUN33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Says the guy who lives in Florida...

And then went on to say why I haven't booked other things that would require flying. And Florida isn't the only place cruises are going from in the start up. 

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Agree....BUT, there are those that have flights already booked.

not to say it does not suck, but the saving grace is most if not all airlines allow you to make changes with no change fees right now.

11 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

not to say it does not suck, but the saving grace is most if not all airlines allow you to make changes with no change fees right now.

But will they charge you the same price you paid for the original flight 4-6 months ago or will they charge you the current "last minute" fare?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

First I have heard about the tests.  I have a b2b in November, might have to re-think that

A lot can and will change from now till November.    I wouldn't rethink it just yet.    

We were booked for a B2B on Vision out of Bermuda, when they existed, and when I booked it I asked 1.    Is this allowed      2.   will we need to get tested for the 2nd portion of the cruise.      I was told yes, b2b was allowed and yes, we would most likely need a covid test done by Royal to stay onboard for the 2nd week.     This was told to me a couple months. 

So this happening doesn't surprise me.   

And it will all change for the better as long as they have a good summer of sailings with minor incidents.

I would personally be furious if I was on the ship and told I could not stay on for the 3rd sailing.     I sure hope they compensate in someway and take care of your flight arrangements with no hassle.

• Like 1