Concierge rooms

sunnyisles

3 minutes ago, sunnyisles said:

Our first cruise on Oceania and we booked a Concierge level room. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the extra $$

Thanks

You’ll find a big difference of opinion here on CC and it all boils down to what’s most important to you.

On Marina/Riviera in a warmer climate, we’ll always seek out an extended balcony B3 cabin over more expensive concierge cabins (or other Bs). 

Plus, we don’t need a concierge lounge (not even available on R ships), don’t require hot breakfast in a relatively “small” cabin (A or B) and have little problem getting/trading specialty restaurant reservations. Some “free” bags of laundry? We can pay for that (and more) with the savings of a B booking over an A one.

We do have one future booking with an A cabin. But, that’s only because there were no desirable B ones left on an extremely popular itinerary.

• Like 1

Depends on how much you paid.   The stateroom is the same as regular veranda staterooms.   Some included laundry and access to the Spa Terrace are nice perks.   I have never been one to eat in my stateroom so the expanded menu items are not a great value to me.   If you are on Marina or Riviera you have access to the Concierge Lounge.    Bottom line for me I wouldn’t pay extra for these perks….

Here is the full list.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

Joe

Agree with Joe --- Depends on the ship and the price difference.  

We generally prefer center ship location.   Deck level is not really a consideration.

Yes the free laundry is nice. But it is 3 bags full -- $100 cost

Spa Terrace -- don't use

Concierge Lounge -- no added value.  You can get coffee and snacks in Barista..  So no added value.

We do use room service.  So the ability to order from the main menu is a nice perk especially on a longer cruise.

If a B1 is available mid deck - I would take it.   Not available would look at an A2 or A1.

We have always booked Concierge..pros:

1. Being able to book specialty restaurant reservations about 2 weeks ahead of most of the rest of the passengers. We have strong preference about eating early and getting a table for two. Some say they have not had trouble getting both without Concierge level priority, while others say it is sometimes a problem. Can depend on the length of the cruise.

2. Sometimes gives us a choice of better cabin location.

3. Access to spa terrace is important to us.

3. Earlier ability to access cabins on embarkation day is nice to have....not super important.

4. Concierge Lounge is a nice to have on O class ships, which is all we cruise on these days.

5. We never order room service, so access to better menu options for our cabin is never a consideration for us...important to some.

1 hour ago, sunnyisles said:

Thanks to all for comments.. the location of the room was the biggest reason we chose this. Wanted to be midship but not across from elevator or stairs.

As I have often posted, DO NOT BOOK EXTENDED BALCONY B3 CABINS on Marina/Riviera. They are the WORST cabins in the O fleet (especially the four corner ones - see pic). As a courtesy, we even often book one of the corner extended B3s ASAP so that others will not make the terrible mistake of booking one (and then having to deal with how to arrange both lounge and regular chairs and otherwise deal with the extra space).

Best of all, I ask nothing in return for this generous gesture.

5EA8C95D-E6F4-4CBA-9A94-936E7B1BAC83.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

As others have said it is a personal choice

We usually book a B cabin  sometime upgrade to an A

On the R ships  we like deck 4  C1 's

DH likes the spa deck on Riviera  but we are  not out there very long  no shade  for me

We usually do not have a problem getting Specialty reservations  for 2 about 6:30 or 7pm  we are not usually fussy on the day  so that works better

I do not have a problem using the self serve laundry room  so no advantage  there for A cabins

Enjoy

Location, location, location! What’s available ends up being a key to choices and price and what floats your boat in the decision process. 
We have done R and O Class, B and A Veranda staterooms but always select Concierge level based on our experiences cruising with Oceania. 
1. We do like access to the Concierge Lounge and the On site Concierge and Spa and Amenities.

2. We have often gotten discounted upgrade options up to PH or being in an oversold stateroom that caused O to buy our A room from us to meet Guaranteed room requirements.💵 and future upgrades, why not.

3. Our traveling friends also like A staterooms

4. #1 experience was the way our Concierge Lounge Concierge handled the last minute port cancellation of our Private Tour booking for us while hundreds of people lined up by Destinations to attempt tour changes. All calls made and pick up location shifted and we were finished in minutes versus others in queue for hours.

5. And when the Upgrades to PH were offered, my wife has been overjoyed and ALWAYS accepts.

6. HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE! 

Gerry 

• Like 3

Our first cruise, on Regatta, we were booked in B2. About 2 weeks before, we were offered a PH1 for $375 pp!!! Of course we jumped all over it. I think they like to offer to first timers to get them "hooked", and it works! 

We have since travelled in Bs, and I won't upgrade to A, but though the deals aren't as great, we have upgraded again to a PH.  It depends on the number of sea days as we like the bigger room on sea days.

But on the O ships, always love those dreaded B3s!

• Like 1

I booked one of the extend balcony B3 staterooms on Marina but was offered an upgrade to a PH2 for a nice price.  Otherwise, the A stateroom is our choice, the spa deck being the main attraction, especially on Riviera.  We have an A3 booking on an 18 day cruise and think that the laundry service will be important.  Incidentally, we loved the PH but the price differential with either A or B staterooms gives me second thoughts.  There is no bad choice on the O ships, but location is important.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

As I have often posted, DO NOT BOOK EXTENDED BALCONY B3 CABINS on Marina/Riviera. They are the WORST cabins in the O fleet (especially the four corner ones - see pic). As a courtesy, we even often book one of the corner extended B3s ASAP so that others will not make the terrible mistake of booking one (and then having to deal with how to arrange both lounge and regular chairs and otherwise deal with the extra space).

We all appreciate your great sacrifice when you book these terrible cabins. Guess someone has to do it. The stress of having extra space on the balcony must be overwhelming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

This is our sacrifice of choice as well.  -Katie

37 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

The price difference for my wife and I was literally $100. The only reason we got it was for access to the Spa Deck

So was this from a B1 to an A4? 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

So was this from a B1 to an A4? 

Correct, when we booked it was and additional $50 for each of us going from a B1 to an A4. Like I said we only got it for the Spa Deck since we have 3 sea days

Best use we ever made of the Spa deck was sail away from Venice and we were the only people up there. 

The biggest issue going from the highest cat Veranda to the lowest Concierge is location. If you're like us and are okay with any location on the ship then it opens up many more possibilities. We've been all the way to the front, all the way to the back, deck 3(R ships) deck 12(O), we're great with all of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Best use we ever made of the Spa deck was sail away from Venice and we were the only people up there. 

The biggest issue going from the highest cat Veranda to the lowest Concierge is location. If you're like us and are okay with any location on the ship then it opens up many more possibilities. We've been all the way to the front, all the way to the back, deck 3(R ships) deck 12(O), we're great with all of it. 

Correct, cabin location is not ideal......we are 5 from bow. However we don't spend much time in our cabin, at the end of the day its no big deal