LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

Y'all are very lucky.  I just looked on Cruise Mapper and it showed only .1m/.4m seas all the way to Freeport.  We are getting hammered with really brutal t-storms right now in SAV.  😲

That's what I'm talking about! Very calm seas; ship not pitching and rolling at all. I feel like I'm in a hotel on land.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

Are masks required while on RCL excursions in Cozumel? Particularly,  the Fury Catamaran excursion. We are on upcoming Adventure sailing. I understand masking while in town, but if we have to wear masks while actually on the catamaran, we would cancel.

I took the "Captain your own speed boat" excursion. We went to Barracuda Beach Club.

Masks were required but were not required if you were eating & drinking.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Internet is terrible on this ship. Definitely NOT the fastest. Medallion Net so far has been the best. The newer ships might be better though.

Yeah, I totally agree. The internet on the pool deck was severely wonky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Pool deck today. Loungers by pool were all being used but we could use the suite ones. The band is really good!

BE39A1D4-896C-4D6D-BC75-40B77FA5C218.jpeg

EAC0DC4D-F696-4A1A-BE8E-BC16C47065F2.jpeg

Q; how do you deal with the heat laying on a lounger on the pool deck trying to drink your Pina Colada?Easy! Drink your Pina Colada IN the pool! The pool deck waiters will happily serve you while you're in the pool. And they are readily available and easily flagged down for your next round. That's how I spent my entire afternoon; in the pool pounding Pinas!

20210722_123432.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Internet is terrible on this ship. Definitely NOT the fastest. Medallion Net so far has been the best. The newer ships might be better though.

If you are looking for faster internet speed, try the Oasis class or newer. A lot of changes have happened in the 20 years since this ship was built. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I'll help you guys out here....

On the Great Lakes, you can call these types of ships "boats", and be perfectly correct. Can anyone say why? First person to get it right wins a beer on me (from my drink package, lol).

@RumRunner2021, thanks for posting. You made me cry man!

Edited by MorganClark

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Formal night. We are going to the main dining room. Yummy menu!!

1E8762EB-29AE-4042-AE2C-C6595D932652.jpeg

I don't want to miss lobster night in the MDR for sure! How do we make sure that we don't schedule one of our specialty dining nights on the night they have the lobster? Do I just tell the concierge I need help scheduling so I do not missing lobster night? lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunshinetricia said:

I don't want to miss lobster night in the MDR for sure! How do we make sure that we don't schedule one of our specialty dining nights on the night they have the lobster? Do I just tell the concierge I need help scheduling so I do not missing lobster night? lol 

Dang it! I did just that. I have a reservation tonight at Chops. Oh well, cruise & learn.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

A penguin.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! I checked with my stateroom attendant and he said it was a penguin. @BecciBooalso said penguin, but you said it an hour earlier.

I thought it was a swan.

I owe you a beer.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

Here's my line up for tonight (after Bolero's); 

1. Chops Grille.  7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

2. Jazz Classics w/ Tommaso & Stanislav (from the AOS orchestra), Schooner Bar. 9:00 pm - 9: 45 pm.

3. Production Show "Invitation to Dance" The Lyric Theater

4. Late Night w/resident DJ Andrew Nova. Blue Moon Lounge  11:30 pm - late.

Can I make it to #4?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

On the Great Lakes, you can call these types of ships "boats", and be perfectly correct. Can anyone say why? First person to get it right wins a beer on me (from my drink package, lol).

@RumRunner2021, thanks for posting. You made me cry man!

You can put a boat on a ship, but you can’t put a ship on a boat. 😆

• Like 1