LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

4 hours ago, MorganClark said:

This cool model of our Adventure of the Seas was being displayed in an athwartship passageway on deck 9 (my deck).

The Logo Store sells smaller models of the AOS. I'm thinking of buying one and starting a tradition of collecting a model of the ship for each cruise I'm on. I have a nautical-themed study/den at home (shocker right?), so these cruise ship models would look good there.

20210722_230145.jpg

I have one for each ship as well, but for me it is just a few ships.  Given your schedule, your den is going to fill up fast!   :)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Wow you headed out early. We plan on being there around 10. Let me know how it is. I heard the bar doesn’t open until 10 or 11.😱

The horror! 😳 Let me do the math. Bar opens at 11 am; have to leave to get back to the ship at 1:30 pm, so that leaves 2.5 hrs of "drinking time".  Looks like it'll have to be "warp speed" drinking. Engage Scotty.

Btw - I'm still onboard AOS (in the Windjammer having breakfast). I don't think they've opened the gangway yet. I've got to go down to Guest Services and get some cash ($) since the taxi drivers only accept cash. 

See you at the Grand Lucayan!

Update: the Captain just made the announcement that the gangway is now open.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I have one for each ship as well, but for me it is just a few ships.  Given your schedule, your den is going to fill up fast!   🙂

It already has with ship-related framed art and large photos. It has "bled" into my MBR and hallway!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ditto.  Our Oasis model is significantly bigger than the others.  Obviously made to a different scale.  No idea why.

Same here. My Oasis model is larger than my Allure model by quite a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Please post us some pics, I am interested in seeing it

I will. Wi-fi wasn't working inside the lobby & restaurant, but it appears to be working now out here by the pool. Here's your first pic. The lobby at the Grand Lucayan Beach Resort;

20210723_091942.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

Awe shucks @MorganClark ... While you're packin' to go home, I'm packin' to set sail in just a week!  Time to kiss your rack (err Rat) good-by.

See the source image

Ouch, rub it in! That-s o.k., this has been a fantastic cruise! Kudos to Royal, Adventure of the Seas, her crew & hotel staff.

I think that's why it feels like the cruise went by in a snap. Because  I am having such a great time. On my first cruise with Royal, I can easily say that I'm very, very impressed. I'm glad that 6 out of 7 cruises I have booked this first "season", is with Royal and the other one is with Celebrity - owned by Royal.  Celebrity Edge, Oct 2-9, 2021 - my next cruise out of Port Everglades, Fla).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, those Oasis class ships are behemoths,  even when they are models.

True, but it's just the Oasis that is huge in model form.  I also have an Allure model and a Symphony model (will get a Harmony next spring) and the other Oasis class ships are the same scale as the rest of the fleet that we have.  Bigger yes, but proportionately so.  Oasis is a lot bigger...way out of proportion when sitting on a shelf.

• Like 2

Just popping in to post our formal night pics at Giovanni’s. It was ok….hubby liked his steak. My pasta was ok..i would probably skip this the next time but the dessert was really good. I also liked the Royal coffee. 

2CCF0B4C-160E-47CD-9108-8B9D38F2459F.jpeg

677FF95B-72DF-4AA4-BCEA-AAF8A05D038D.jpeg

C35A9AF2-794B-4D09-AEF2-2301495DE7AC.jpeg

ED87FE19-FE49-4906-8280-D43328DD3181.jpeg

3E9FFEC3-5FD2-4CD4-BD77-16D1C46BEDFF.jpeg

DF0CE0E9-A542-434A-8C89-13F7C6409210.jpeg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Just popping in to post our formal night pics at Giovanni’s. It was ok….hubby liked his steak. My pasta was ok..i would probably skip this the next time but the dessert was really good. I also liked the Royal coffee. 

C35A9AF2-794B-4D09-AEF2-2301495DE7AC.jpeg

Awww, naww about the carbonara! It is a favorite for me... was it served cold? Was the egg not runny? Was the pasta mushy? Inquiring minds....

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:03 AM, sgmn said:

Definitely Dog and Duck in the UK,  maybe duck and dog is ironic ?

My hubby tells me Dog and Duck can be the rhyming slang for f***!  Only useful in the UK and specifically London 🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

WE were booked on Edge for last October, first cxd cruise! 😪  So disappointed that we couldn't go.  We'll catch her soon.

I'll try and do a LIVE thread like @HBCcruiser did with this cruise. Until you can get onboard Edge, you can live vicariously through me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Akina13 said:

Got to also check out the front of the ship before they closed it due to wind. Not sure why one of the pics is upside down lol 

56E9DE21-3CC6-4F3C-A0DB-6750EDC7ABB9.jpeg

E8C92A91-3BB3-49E8-967C-A5E162606950.jpeg

D8EA2829-5ABD-4AF9-A9E6-372068B73E22.jpeg

I think that portion of the front of the ship is ALWAYS CLOSED OFF(Safety Concerns)  because of copycats trying to take pictures and not wanting to see an accident.

I had to wait to get back on the ship to post the rest of my pics from the Grand Lucayan Beach Resort. The Wi-fi at the resort was wonky.

Front of the resort;

20210723_131138.jpg

"Waves" bar & grill;

20210723_131224.jpg

This was the longest infinity pool I had ever seen;

20210723_131036.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, MorganClark said:

This cool model of our Adventure of the Seas was being displayed in an athwartship passageway on deck 9 (my deck).

The Logo Store sells smaller models of the AOS. I'm thinking of buying one and starting a tradition of collecting a model of the ship for each cruise I'm on. I have a nautical-themed study/den at home (shocker right?), so these cruise ship models would look good there.

20210722_230145.jpg

that is not AoS.  I can't remember ship it is but I walked by it many times in June on my cruise.

• Thanks 1