Sky Princess Don't Miss Features

foodcruiser

We will be on the Sky Princess at the end of November.  I’ve been on the Regal Princess but never the Sky.  I like to explore the ship.  I get up early before the crowds get in the way to get pictures.  Later on I like to watch people.  I will be 76 on this cruise and won’t be able to see as much as I would like.  Those of you who have been on the Sky, what are the “Do Not Miss”  places on the ship?  What is a nice bar to just sit, sip, and watch the ocean?  I appreciate your suggestions.

• Like 2

We love the Sky. We also love Regal Princess and have sailed on her 6 times. We were on the Sky Princess over the Holidays in 2019 and again in March when sailing stopped. We will return to the Sky this year in December.

Of course the Piazza is great for people watching and we also found the open Princess Live space to be great for watching people as they pass during the day. In the evening I enjoyed the Crown Grill Bar area. The bar has nice live music in the evenings and I especially enjoyed people watching here on formal nights. Seeing all the lovely gowns on the ladies and surprisingly jazzy shoes on the gentlemen passing by as they head to and from dinner in the Cielo Dining Room was a real treat.

You must walk around the open track on Deck 18 to see the lovely murals painted around the track. They are great for all those selfies I know you'll want to take. Deck 17 (Sun Deck) is great for some  nice ocean vistas, cloud watching and sun sets.  It also is a popular deck for sun worshipers so there's that element of people watching too. Like the Regal, Outriggers Bar at the back of the ship is a nice place to watch the wake. The bar in the Retreat pool area is a popular gathering spot for adults. 

The Sky has some great art and beautiful tile, marble and glass work that is worth a walk about to see. Don't forget the stairwells for some interesting art and like the Regal, passenger hallways have the beautiful photos taken on Princess cruises. I suggest you visit Deck and look for photos #268, #289 and #148!

If Captain Tuvo is "driving the ship" (Captain will tell you..."driving the ship is easy, it's parking that is hard.") during your cruise you will cross paths with him in the early morning as he makes his daily ship tour, often with an Officer zipping around with him. He visits every deck and area of the ship, every day. It's like seeing a rock star as he is adored by passengers and loved by the crew. If you're lucky you'll see for yourself. Captain Laakkonen is also great captain to passengers and crew. He was our Captain when cruising stopped and returned us passengers safe and healthy to a world in distress.

Before the shut-down the crew were outstanding and the Princess Theater shows top notch. I expect they will be just as good when Princess welcomes us back. The Sky Princess is a beautiful ship and you will enjoy sailing on her!

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, carefreebee said:

We love the Sky. We also love Regal Princess and have sailed on her 6 times. We were on the Sky Princess over the Holidays in 2019 and again in March when sailing stopped. We will return to the Sky this year in December.

Of course the Piazza is great for people watching and we also found the open Princess Live space to be great for watching people as they pass during the day. In the evening I enjoyed the Crown Grill Bar area. The bar has nice live music in the evenings and I especially enjoyed people watching here on formal nights. Seeing all the lovely gowns on the ladies and surprisingly jazzy shoes on the gentlemen passing by as they head to and from dinner in the Cielo Dining Room was a real treat.

You must walk around the open track on Deck 18 to see the lovely murals painted around the track. They are great for all those selfies I know you'll want to take. Deck 17 (Sun Deck) is great for some  nice ocean vistas, cloud watching and sun sets.  It also is a popular deck for sun worshipers so there's that element of people watching too. Like the Regal, Outriggers Bar at the back of the ship is a nice place to watch the wake. The bar in the Retreat pool area is a popular gathering spot for adults. 

The Sky has some great art and beautiful tile, marble and glass work that is worth a walk about to see. Don't forget the stairwells for some interesting art and like the Regal, passenger hallways have the beautiful photos taken on Princess cruises. I suggest you visit Deck and look for photos #268, #289 and #148!

If Captain Tuvo is "driving the ship" (Captain will tell you..."driving the ship is easy, it's parking that is hard.") during your cruise you will cross paths with him in the early morning as he makes his daily ship tour, often with an Officer zipping around with him. He visits every deck and area of the ship, every day. It's like seeing a rock star as he is adored by passengers and loved by the crew. If you're lucky you'll see for yourself. Captain Laakkonen is also great captain to passengers and crew. He was our Captain when cruising stopped and returned us passengers safe and healthy to a world in distress.

Before the shut-down the crew were outstanding and the Princess Theater shows top notch. I expect they will be just as good when Princess welcomes us back. The Sky Princess is a beautiful ship and you will enjoy sailing on her!

We had a large group on the Sky in December of 2019...Western Caribbean...and had some pretty nice tuxedos because my best friend of 45 years owns a tuxedo shop in Myrtle Beach.  One of his specialties is the fancy tuxedo shoes...especially sparkles the same color as the tux!  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carefreebee said:

We sailed with Captain Tuvo over Christmas 2019 and he was such a highlight! My favorite captain by far. 

• Like 2

I'm really hoping Capt. Tuvo is on when we cruise in January.  What a nice guy!  He came around many mornings at breakfast to ask how we were doing.  He took our order one morning and they gave it (the paper he wrote on) to us before we left.

• Like 1

Watch people -  International Cafe, Piazza area

Bar - Wake View Bar, Sea View Bar and surrounding area.

There are lots of videos on the internet that show tours of the Sky Princess.

If you have no trouble walking there aren't that many areas and decks to explore. 

On 7/12/2021 at 9:04 PM, Astro Flyer said:

We liked the open Princess Live venue and Take Five which replaced Club 6.

image.jpeg.ef4b433b8056fb769329698377540892.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebdcd8e118281131b3f7ea5b6f0c8cbd.jpeg

So Princess live has now turned into another lounge?

Where did the move the functions like Yes/No game show & others?

On 7/12/2021 at 1:09 PM, foodcruiser said:

We will be on the Sky Princess at the end of November.  I’ve been on the Regal Princess but never the Sky.  I like to explore the ship.  I get up early before the crowds get in the way to get pictures.  Later on I like to watch people.  I will be 76 on this cruise and won’t be able to see as much as I would like.  Those of you who have been on the Sky, what are the “Do Not Miss”  places on the ship?  What is a nice bar to just sit, sip, and watch the ocean?  I appreciate your suggestions.

11/27?  Our first time on Sky so we'll be exploring as well with an eye toward ad TA we have on her for 11/23.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, MissP22 said:

So Princess live has now turned into another lounge?

Where did the move the functions like Yes/No game show & others?

As you can see in these photos it is now like a lounge but as I recall they had events such as those there. It’s no longer set up like a TV audience studio & more like Explorer’s Lounge on other Princess ships where I’ve seen functions such as Liars Club.

70B4CFA6-EFBF-4C4D-ACF4-EBE8B13AEF92.jpeg

EB5BFBDE-2FDA-4D47-8C00-6EFFEF1BA2C7.jpeg

• Like 2

We loved the Sky!  Princess Live! was our favorite lounge to listen to music or play trivia, etc.  We also enjoyed the Piazza area and Bellini's.  If we weren't in those areas, we were probably up on the lido deck just hanging out people watching or watching the sea go by.  We were on the Sky for her inaugural transatlantic.  Was fabulous!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We haven't looked forward to exploring a new ship so much for a long time.  It's our first time on Sky but the next time will be a TA in November, 2023.  

We are also on that cruise after cancelling this year. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

We are also on that cruise after cancelling this year. 

We really liked the idea of having a few islands at the end of the itinerary.  Should be nice and relaxed by that point.  This is our first TA but I don't think I've seen that kind of itinerary during our research.  Others had ports at the start which can be a bit hectic after a long flight.

Agreed. It was the itinerary that attracted us. We have taken many Transatlantic cruises but never one that included the Caribbean. We are very disappointed that we are not doing it this year but circumstances prevail. 

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We really liked the idea of having a few islands at the end of the itinerary.  Should be nice and relaxed by that point.  This is our first TA but I don't think I've seen that kind of itinerary during our research.  Others had ports at the start which can be a bit hectic after a long flight.

Of course those of us in the UK have the opportunity to take "round trip" cruises.  Sail from Southampton to the Caribbean and cruise around the islands for a week or two, and then sail back to the UK. Lovely!  

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Of course those of us in the UK have the opportunity to take "round trip" cruises.  Sail from Southampton to the Caribbean and cruise around the islands for a week or two, and then sail back to the UK. Lovely!  

Yeah, yeah - rub it in!  😀

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

Agreed. It was the itinerary that attracted us. We have taken many Transatlantic cruises but never one that included the Caribbean. We are very disappointed that we are not doing it this year but circumstances prevail. 

The one thing missing is we'd hoped for a CruiseTour from London first.  Nothing set up yet but our consultant gave us hope since we're still so far out.  I suppose we could set up something ourselves but that's too much like work.   🙂