Mixed Vaccines

MaddyandMax

Just reporting what I read... not confirmed.  The White House Reporter for Bloomberg News (Josh Wingrove) tweeted that the US will consider mixed vaccines as fully vaccinated.  Obviously we'll need actual US Government confirmation but this is very positive. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

the US will consider mixed vaccines as fully vaccinated.  Obviously we'll need actual US Government confirmation but this is very positive. 

A mix of two mRNA vaccines, yes.  AZ/Pfizer or AZ/Moderna mixes --- still to be determined.  Fingers crossed. 

Edited by lots-of-km2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

A mix of two mRNA vaccines, yes.  AZ/Pfizer or AZ/Moderna mixes --- still to be determined.  Fingers crossed. 

fair point and fingers crossed!  I assumed it meant the latter as I thought the former was already approved/known.  But perhaps its only the cruise lines that have accepted the former. 

55 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Just reporting what I read... not confirmed.  The White House Reporter for Bloomberg News (Josh Wingrove) tweeted that the US will consider mixed vaccines as fully vaccinated.  Obviously we'll need actual US Government confirmation but this is very positive. 

32 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

I suspect that both of you have far better knowledge and understanding of the fine details than the reporter. I'm inclined to agree with @lots-of-km2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

I suspect that both of you have far better knowledge and understanding of the fine details than the reporter. I'm inclined to agree with @lots-of-km2.

I totally agree with you!  I'd be lost without all the great info we get from CC and especially the Canadian Forum.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions.  

• Like 3

For those that may be interested, below is the youtube link.   It looks like the discussion around mix and match vaccines is going to start at 1:45PM Eastern.  The FDA advisors just voted on approval of a jnj booster!

I hope that Josie201 is right!

• Like 3

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/united-states-international-travel-rules-what-to-know/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2021-10-15T18%3A00%3A55

, CNN  Published 15th October 2021

What about mixed-dose vaccinations?

The CDC is working through the question of mixed-dose vaccinations, according to senior administration officials. The CDC will offer guidance "in the coming weeks" related to the vaccination status of individuals who received doses of two different vaccines, one official said on October 12.

-----------------

So we still have nothing.  

We cancelled our Dec cruise last month.  
Final payment for our Jan cruise is next week.  
We'll be cancelling that one too as "in the coming weeks" is too long for final payment. 

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

My friend in Vancouver says that News 1130 is talking about the AZ mix vaccine…and also she read that Twitter statement.  Fingers crossed that the decision is in our favour.

I have to wonder, if 10% of our population received a mix of AZ and another WHO approved vaccine and are still alive or Covid free….doesn’t that say something about its efficacy. I haven’t read anywhere what the (CDC) problem is with the AZ vaccine.  Just wondering. 

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

For those that may be interested, below is the youtube link.   It looks like the discussion around mix and match vaccines is going to start at 1:45PM Eastern.  The FDA advisors just voted on approval of a jnj booster!

I hope that Josie201 is right!

I watched the first part of the afternoon session, but the only mixing that the presenter discussed up until the time I had to leave was mixing between mRNA vaccines. No mention of AZ-mRNA at all, but perhaps this was discussed later. Did you have a chance to watch the whole thing?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

My friend in Vancouver says that News 1130 is talking about the AZ mix vaccine…and also she read that Twitter statement.  Fingers crossed that the decision is in our favour.

I have to wonder, if 10% of our population received a mix of AZ and another WHO approved vaccine and are still alive or Covid free….doesn’t that say something about its efficacy. I haven’t read anywhere what the (CDC) problem is with the AZ vaccine.  Just wondering. 

Where do you get the number of 10% received a mix does AZ ? 
please get check your facts before posting 

only about 1 million people have mixing of AZ and another vaccine

i bet more people have combination of Pfizer / Mordena the AZ and another vaccine 

FAFAB2AD-E959-4B76-A1D6-3978633E0C5C.jpeg

Edited by Airbalancer

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I watched the first part of the afternoon session, but the only mixing that the presenter discussed up until the time I had to leave was mixing between mRNA vaccines. No mention of AZ-mRNA at all, but perhaps this was discussed later. Did you have a chance to watch the whole thing?

The scope of the discussion was mixing vaccines within the context of the approved US vaccines.  As a result, AZ did not come up.  However, there was much discussion around JnJ and mRNA and the feeling the preliminary results provided reasons(some would argue as being inconclusive) that mixing was a good option.

There were people concerned about not confusing the public and that the message had to be clear.  However, there were a number of people on the call, that said considerations should be given to situations where a mixed vaccine would make sense.(eg.  where the original vaccine may not be available, etc.)

The positive is that the results provided more reasons to accept mixed vaccines than not, but not sure if this will be enough to get the CDC to agree allow people to enter the US with mixed vaccines.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tert333 said:

The scope of the discussion was mixing vaccines within the context of the approved US vaccines.  As a result, AZ did not come up.  However, there was much discussion around JnJ and mRNA and the feeling the preliminary results provided reasons(some would argue as being inconclusive) that mixing was a good option.

There were people concerned about not confusing the public and that the message had to be clear.  However, there were a number of people on the call, that said considerations should be given to situations where a mixed vaccine would make sense.(eg.  where the original vaccine may not be available, etc.)

The positive is that the results provided more reasons to accept mixed vaccines than not, but not sure if this will be enough to get the CDC to agree allow people to enter the US with mixed vaccines.

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, every positive is hopefully a step closer to the acceptance of AZ-mRNA mixes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

So I thought you could 'enter' the US with mixed vaccines?  but that you could not cruise with mixed vaccines?  Wow - hope they straighten this out sooner than later....  so confusing to everyone and making things harder than they need to be in my opinion!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So I thought you could 'enter' the US with mixed vaccines?  but that you could not cruise with mixed vaccines?  Wow - hope they straighten this out sooner than later....  so confusing to everyone and making things harder than they need to be in my opinion!

Right now, you can enter the US with mixed vaccines. Or  with no vaccines at all. But come November 8, if that date still holds, you'll need to be fully vaccinated. What vaccine mixes the US will allow at that time has not been announced, but I'm betting on mixed mRNA being allowed and mixed AZ-mRNA not being allowed at the outset. I hope I'm wrong and that all Canada-approved mixes will be accepted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Where do you get the number of 10% received a mix does AZ ? 
please get check your facts before posting 

only about 1 million people have mixing of AZ and another vaccine

i bet more people have combination of Pfizer / Mordena the AZ and another vaccine 

FAFAB2AD-E959-4B76-A1D6-3978633E0C5C.jpeg

CTV News..Oct. 11, 2021 7:59pm..Coronavirus News..Sarah Smellie and Laura Osman reporting.

32 million people eligible for receiving vaccines……1.6 million received AZ+another vaccine….that’s 5%……..2.3 million received a mixed dose of two vaccines…..that’s 7.18%. These stats do not include Quebec data because they don’t report this detail.

My estimate of 32 million is based on the 2020 population of  39 million people in Canada…minus 6 million being children not able to receive the vaccine until very recently.

3,900,000 as a % of 39,000,000 =?

Your chart shows that 3.9 million people received a combination vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

CTV News..Oct. 11, 2021 7:59pm..Coronavirus News..Sarah Smellie and Laura Osman reporting.

32 million people eligible for receiving vaccines……1.6 million received AZ+another vaccine….that’s 5%……..2.3 million received a mixed dose of two vaccines…..that’s 7.18%. These stats do not include Quebec data because they don’t report this detail.

My estimate of 32 million is based on the 2020 population of  39 million people in Canada…minus 6 million being children not able to receive the vaccine until very recently.

3,900,000 as a % of 39,000,000 =?

Your chart shows that 3.9 million people received a combination vaccine. 

You wrote “10% of our population received a mix of AZ and another WHO approved vaccine”

10% of the population did not get a shot of AZ 

29 minutes ago, Nickles76 said:

That's horrible news! 🤬

What the heck will we discuss on this forum now?😱

😇

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 6