No kids under the age of 11 on any princess cruises

alanasgpa

21 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Anything that you get verbally is useless.  How are you going to prove what they said.  Get it in writing with a contact phone number that you can call at boarding time just in case.

DON

I agree with don 100%

14 hours ago, nocl said:

As an additional complexity since the CSO currently is scheduled to end in November the cruise lines have not locked in rules for cruises after that date.

Princess has said no unvaccinated people through the end of this year.

14 hours ago, nocl said:

To be certain you may want to try and get her vaccinated as soon as you can before the cruise because the potential is high that unvaccinated will not be able to sail on Princess out of the US in December.

No vaccine has been approved for a 15 year old in the UK.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

No vaccine has been approved for a 15 year old in the UK.

I do believe the comment as soon as you can means exactly that.  When you can which does mean when legally available. Which it might not be today, but well may be in time for the cruise.

Also the UK has approved the Pfizer vaccine for those older than 12.  The issue is that the authorities have limited the vaccine to those over 18 at this time.  Once they have adequate supply and those older have been vaccinated that decision might change.

Edited by nocl

Dang it!!!

My daughter is getting married end of November on Princess.  Everyone is fully vaccinated already, except the children.

There is a flower girl and a ring bearer that are 7 and 8.  If they could get the vaccine, their parents would have them in line for it.  At this time, they can not get the vaccine.

The families are already booked on the cruise for the wedding.  No one has received any notification yet from Princess that they will not be able to sail with us.  I am hoping this all changes and all of our family and friends will be able to join us when the day arrives. In the mean time, I am not saying anything to the bride.  She is so hopeful that the wedding will be able to happen with all of her loved ones; we chose Princess because it had price points that were affordable, offered a nice wedding experience, end of November was eons away, AND everyone was itching for a little vacation time!

Dang Covid.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I disagree about the kiddos not being in danger ...

There is a reason for clinical trials for young ones under 12 ...

I would hope the rationale is based on science rather than profit.

Agree with you!  Based on science and not someone’s speculation. 

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, I was referring to kids that young and not yet vaccinated.  Seems to be low chance of both catching anything and transmitting.  Anyway, I hope it works out.  Agree - need to have trials and make sure the jab is safe.

Kids that young are not yet eligible for vaccination

But kids that young can and do catch and spread the virus

Just ask the family of the 5-yr who just died in Georgia, or others infected these past 15 months

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

I disagree about the kiddos not being in danger ...

There is a reason for clinical trials for young ones under 12 ...

I would hope the rationale is based on science rather than profit.

47 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Kids that young are not yet eligible for vaccination

But kids that young can and do catch and spread the virus

Just ask the family of the 5-yr who just died in Georgia, or others infected these past 15 months

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

meanwhile, a healthy 5 yo has just died of a Delta variant in GA. 

I have asked for my post to be deleted.  I did it in a hurry while doing two other things and it doesn't say what I was thinking at the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a 10 year old that can't be vaccinated just yet and, while I would hop on a ship tomorrow if I could, I DO understand why the various lines are being cautious with their "vaccinated/unvaccinated" policies. My confusion lies around why they are allowing ANY passengers on that haven't been vaccinated? Why are they doing the 5% thing? Is it a legal requirement (as in not discriminating against those that have religious/medical reasons not to get vaccinated)? I feel like it would be easier just to say everyone has to be double vaccinated? Just curious if anyone has any ideas around this....

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I have a 10 year old that can't be vaccinated just yet and, while I would hop on a ship tomorrow if I could, I DO understand why the various lines are being cautious with their "vaccinated/unvaccinated" policies. My confusion lies around why they are allowing ANY passengers on that haven't been vaccinated? Why are they doing the 5% thing? Is it a legal requirement (as in not discriminating against those that have religious/medical reasons not to get vaccinated)? I feel like it would be easier just to say everyone has to be double vaccinated? Just curious if anyone has any ideas around this....

CDC says 5% of passengers to go on if they're not vaccinated CDC also says 3% of crew doesn't have to be vaccinated now Princess says no everybody has to be vaccinated which is fine with me but I have a problem is they're booking 12 and underto be vaccinated which is fine with me but I have a problem is they're booking non-vaccinated children and not saying anything about them not being able to go on the cruise

non-vaccinated children and not saying anything about them not being able to go on the cruise

• Like 1

Yes,  I have a problem with just how UN-clear Princess statements and actions have been.

PS:  Remember everyone, no speculation or opinions are to be posted here.

Just basic facts and cruise line policy.

Believe me,  I have my 'take' on the news and facts and differing opinions that are coming in right now,  but I will refrain from comment.

Edited by Wishing on a star

9 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

CDC says 5% of passengers to go on if they're not vaccinated CDC also says 3% of crew doesn't have to be vaccinated now Princess says no everybody has to be vaccinated which is fine with me but I have a problem is they're booking 12 and under to be vaccinated which is fine with me but I have a problem is they're booking non-vaccinated children and not saying anything about them not being able to go on the cruise

non-vaccinated children and not saying anything about them not being able to go on the cruise

I think you will find that any children under 12 were booked on the cruises before Princess announced that only vaccinated people could be on board.

The booking process since the policy was announced is supposed to reject booking anyone too young to be able to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

What Princess has done a very poor job of is notifying people who made 2021 bookings before the policy change that their young children are no longer allowed on board.

(By the way, although the original CDC rule was 97% of crew had to be vaccinated, they did change that to be the same as passengers, 95%.)

• Like 1

I love this policy. I wish other lines would also have it. It's obviously temporary, but if it gets the ships back and the industry thriving again I'm all for it.

Plus Princess has never gone out of their way to be a family cruise line. I can kinda see why Royal Caribbean allows unvaccinated cruisers because their family ratio is so high. But a line like Princess can definitely fill their ships without those under 12. 

Makes me look forward to our Alaska sailing even more. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1