Where to get Perrier (good) versus San Pellegrino (ok) on Infinity?

zitsky

So I'm browsing the X site and on an illustration of the Premium package they show a bottle of Perrier and San Pellegrino.  I much prefer Perrier but I will drink San Pellegrino (and club soda).  Does X really have both options on every ship or are you more likely to find one or the other?  I'm going to be on Infinity but maybe these are both available fleet wide?

(No, I do not have something better to do.)  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My experience on all ships I have sailed is it is available at most bars.     Unlike you I prefer San Pellegrino but saw and was given both when asking for sparkling water.    I've ordered it at almost evey bar and the Mast Bar while out walking.   

The also stock both at the Retreat if you are in a suite or will get it for you if you request.

I have also been able to order Large bottles at dinner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

My experience on all ships I have sailed is it is available at most bars.     Unlike you I prefer San Pellegrino but saw and was given both when asking for sparkling water.    I've ordered it at almost evey bar and the Mast Bar while out walking.   

The also stock both at the Retreat if you are in a suite or will get it for you if you request.

Ok thanks.  I'm always happy with club soda (with lemon) if I can't get Perrier.  My local French restaurant offered me SP one day when they were out of P.  Sacre bleu!  They later switched to some other French water. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.  I'm always happy with club soda (with lemon) if I can't get Perrier.  My local French restaurant offered me SP one day when they were out of P.  Sacre bleu!  They later switched to some other French water. 

I'm much the same and would say when ordering Sparkling Water I get Perrier more often when not requesting a specific brand.    

You had me bringing back memories of Venice.     We were visiting in August and the temperatures were in the 90's.     We found a natural spring water that we loved.    Being really hot we were drinking LOTS of it.     Never really looks at the content we later found what happens when you drink LOTS of Magnesium.    Just think of Milk of Magnesium and you will know what I'm talking about.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm much the same and would say when ordering Sparkling Water I get Perrier more often when not requesting a specific brand.    

You had me bringing back memories of Venice.     We were visiting in August and the temperatures were in the 90's.     We found a natural spring water that we loved.    Being really hot we were drinking LOTS of it.     Never really looks at the content we later found what happens when you drink LOTS of Magnesium.    Just think of Milk of Magnesium and you will know what I'm talking about.

Do they still make Milk of Magnesium? 🤔😉

14 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Do they still make Milk of Magnesium? 🤔😉

If not I'll just drink some of that "Natural Mineral Water".    LOL -

Out of curiosity I just Googled an Yup...at least in America they still sell it.  

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

So I'm browsing the X site and on an illustration of the Premium package they show a bottle of Perrier and San Pellegrino.  I much prefer Perrier but I will drink San Pellegrino (and club soda).  Does X really have both options on every ship or are you more likely to find one or the other?  I'm going to be on Infinity but maybe these are both available fleet wide?

(No, I do not have something better to do.)  🙂

zitsky now I truly believe that the pandemic is behind us and cruising is back! 😀

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great to know about being able to order large bottles of San Pellegrino at dinner.  DH and I enjoy sparkling water so it's great to know it's available around the ship!

On 7/14/2021 at 10:48 AM, zitsky said:

While I’m sure you are nothing like the character on The Newsroom, I just thought of the guy who wants Schwepp’s Bitter Lemon and says, “Why does it always elude me?” 🤣 Carry on! 

57 minutes ago, brwneyedgirl72 said:

For what it's worth, I have found generally that you get Perrier from the bars and bar waiters, but Pellegrino (Specifically the large bottles) is what I have been given in the MDR or specialty restaurants.  That is just my experience.

Thanks.  Didn't know that..

That is the sound of me spitting on the San Pellegrino bottle.  Seriously, who drinks that stuff?  Just kidding.  I think. 

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, amcb said:

Great to know about being able to order large bottles of San Pellegrino at dinner.  DH and I enjoy sparkling water so it's great to know it's available around the ship!

Yea in Luminae they know we have a preference for San Pellegrino and kid us about having a bottle of green water waiting in an Ice Bucket.  

7 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So what is the difference between the two?  They both taste like fizzy water to me.

To me San Pelligrino has a natural mineral taste I prefer and has more bubbles.   At home I generally drink Calistoga sparkling water with lime essence.     I also enjoy just plain Club Soda.

I'm sure it's like Coke and Pepsi.  I don't like sweet drinks and can't tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi on the rare occasion I have one -  Others are very vocal on their preference

40 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I will have to do a side by side taste test some time.

I buy both of them depending on what's on sale.  Actually I will drink almost any water with bubbles.  Dr. Zitsky says it's not good for my stomach but I don't listen.

• Like 1

A good thread.  DW and I have disagreed on San P vs Perrier for years so I try to stock cases of both in our home.  On ships we can both adapt to whichever is available.  I do not think one is better then the other but would agree they are somewhat different like comparing Coke to Pepsi.

Hank

On our last maybe 10 Celebrity Cruises, we have had the Premium Drink Package.  Both Evian and San Pellegrino have been available at most bars, and often both sizes, small and large, bottles are available.  At some of the bars, though, just the small bottles are available.  But, maybe a little bar hopping is required, but you can get both Evian or SP, large or small, with little effort.  

Cafe El Bacio, the Oceanview bar, and the pool bar, usually have both sizes of both types.  The Sky Lounge sometimes only has Evian.  The Passport bar usually has both but small bottles.  The Sunset bar seems to have both.