Purchasing Internet Package

Syracusefan44

22 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That rep was incorrect.  I called 800 Princess to purchase my internet at $9.99 for x days with 50% as refundable OBC.  

But of course....things change daily.  I would make a phone call to have someone else help you.  There are two options:  1.  reserve internet and pay with Final Payment.  2.  order internet and pay the same day.  Not trusting Princess, I opted for #2.  It shows up on my Onboard Services as paid.

Nope. I called 800 Princess and they do not have it in their system to even sell. You CAN NOT purchase the MedillionNet prior to the cruise as of now. If someone does moving forward, please get a name of who you purchased from.

28 minutes ago, P.A. said:

Nope. I called and they do not have it in their system to even sell. You CAN NOT purchase the MedillionNet prior to the cruise as of now. If someone does moving forward, please get a name of who you purchased from.

I called 800-Princess (Tanika) first on July 15.  The first agent was able to order my Medallion Net, but couldn't pay for it (she had attached it to my final payment).  The first call was after 5 PM and could not get additional support. Called back the next day (844-525-0942) and another agent (Stacy) fixed it for me (cancelled order/re-ordered) and I paid on that day, 7/16.  It is confirmed on my Onboard Services (personalizer).

Looking through my notes, I have called, chatted, or have been on hold on an average of 3 times a week.  

So sorry you can't order Medallion net with a customer service rep since that is the only way to pre-order MedallionNet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, P.A. said:

Nope. I called 800 Princess and they do not have it in their system to even sell. You CAN NOT purchase the MedillionNet prior to the cruise as of now. If someone does moving forward, please get a name of who you purchased from.

I purchased it three days ago. It was $69.93 for my week-long cruise. I'll get back 50% in OBC in three weeks. Here's a screenshot from my credit card as well as how the package shows up online:

temp.jpg

2021-08-22 Internet Package.jpg

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Steelers, I always look forward to reading your internet/wifi posts. You always seem to get it right with no hyperbole. Happy that you are among us and willing to share your insights. 

If i'm interpreting your statement correctly, you are saying that there is no difference in net cost for plats/elites if the purchase is made pre-cruise or on board? Earlier posts I've seen have led me to believe that the net cost is lower by purchasing pre-cruise. 

Where am I going wrong here?

Thanks, but yes you have it partly wrong.

As I have posted, the on board price is higher ($15 versus $10 pre-cruise).  You get 50% off in both situations, but of course the on board price is still higher ($7.50 versus $5).  Based on a single posting this far, it could be that Princess is temporarily using $10 rate on board since so many people having difficulties pre-ordering (just a guess for now).

In the pre-Covid days you may remember that the thing to do was to wait and book internet on-board as that was the only way to get our former 25% benefit.  That we got by "trading in" the free minutes benefit.

Now, it's just 50% off unlimited internet and we can get the discount benefit both pre-cruise and on-board.

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

I purchased it three days ago. It was $69.93 for my week-long cruise. I'll get back 50% in OBC in three weeks. Here's a screenshot from my credit card as well as how the package shows up online:

temp.jpg

2021-08-22 Internet Package.jpg

Hmm..well apparently as of today, July 31st, they no longer have it. Perhaps it will show up in their system soon. Glad you got in on it before it disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, P.A. said:

Hmm..well apparently as of today, July 31st, they no longer have it. Perhaps it will show up in their system soon. Glad you got in on it before it disappeared.

Well, that is not okay.  Unless they are planning bringing back free wi-fi.  

On 7/30/2021 at 10:55 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Was that for only the 2021 cruise? Did you try to add it for your 2022 cruise?

when you purchased the 4-device does it show as 4 device in your cruise personalizer?  I did the same but mine is showing as 1-device 31+ days so I might need to call princess.   I'm not cruising for 31+ days, although wish I was! 😃

image.png.a14108c2d7117dd01876307f5d8004e6.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:39 PM, P.A. said:

Purchased yesterday ( August 2nd) over the phone with a Princess Rep. on the medallion support line (844-525-0942) as I was also trying to resolve some issues there.. After I had tried in a previous phone call to the Princess 800 number where it "wasn't in the system".  I guess you just have to keep trying until you get someone who knows where to look or who to talk to.

Edited by Musky Ike
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Purchased yesterday ( August 2nd) over the phone with a Princess Rep. on the medallion support line (844-525-0942) as I was also trying to resolve some issues there.. After I had tried in a previous phone call to the Princess 800 number where it "wasn't in the system".  I guess you just have to keep trying until you get someone who knows where to look or who to talk to.

How soon are you traveling?

On 7/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, P.A. said:

This ALL aggravates me! First because they took it away, secondly, because nobody knows the rules!! I went to copy and paste my conversation with the rep I chatted with and before I could do that, the conversation was gone! UGH!! I really want to wait til I get onboard because I don't need all 7 days! I am going to be SO mad if I get on there and it's more!😡

It will be more. On one of the current "live from" it was stated that pre-cruise it was $10/day and during the cruise it was $15/day. IIRC the pre-cruise price gave OBC refund and the onboard price was reduced to $7.50.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Okay, that’s probably why they did it for you.  So, it was not available for you to book it? 

No, it was not available on the Princess site or Medallion app. only over the phone.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 3:48 PM, P.A. said:

My PVP bought it 2× for me and is buying it a 3rd time. 69.93 (sailing 8/15), 99.90 (sailing 12/9/21). 12/9 had a ship change so she's buying it for me again. I'm buying it with gift cards so I didn't even try

On 7/31/2021 at 4:27 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I called 800-Princess (Tanika) first on July 15.  The first agent was able to order my Medallion Net, but couldn't pay for it (she had attached it to my final payment).  The first call was after 5 PM and could not get additional support. Called back the next day (844-525-0942) and another agent (Stacy) fixed it for me (cancelled order/re-ordered) and I paid on that day, 7/16.  It is confirmed on my Onboard Services (personalizer).

Good for you...took names & kicked a$$.

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

No, it was not available on the Princess site or Medallion app. only over the phone.

It will be coming to the MC App in the future (I don't have a due date) for ordering.  For now, it has to be ordered over the phone to get the pre-cruise best price.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

That's crazy!! Are you getting wifi in a promotion or just purchasing it out right?

I FINALLY got my Medallion Net purchased over the phone with the 844-525-0942 rep. So THANK YOU Musky Ike for posting that info. Absolutely crazy how one day you can and one you can't!! And that's not even using the app!🤪 Now my fingers are crossed and prayers said that we even get to go on this cruise!! 18 days and counting!!😄👍

• Like 3

Anybody else have their WIFI package disappear from your cruise personalizer?  Mine was in there and now it's gone, it was paid for and everything.  Spent way too many hours on the phone getting this ordered and now it's not even showing in my personalizer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

Anybody else have their WIFI package disappear from your cruise personalizer?  Mine was in there and now it's gone, it was paid for and everything.  Spent way too many hours on the phone getting this ordered and now it's not even showing in my personalizer!

Nothing is a surprise anymore. Chaos is the new norm. You did make me check, and ours is still there for now. I would wait a bit and check back. Call waits today could be even worse with the new protocols announced.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, P.A. said:

If it does come up, just be sure to print it. Mine also shows up today. I printed that and all of my perks just in case.

I actually printed mine yesterday too so I do have that and it shows I paid, I'm just imaging a hot mess at customer service once we get on board the ship so really didn't want to deal with this once we board but that might be the case.  As "Musky Ike" mentioned, calling princess in the next couple days is probably going to be a nightmare so I guess I'll just have to roll with this and see what happens. On the 8/8 sailing so it's only a couple more days. 

Edited by Esjung1