Where are the outlets on a veranda cabin on Equinox?

kruisinkris

HELP!!! I've watched tons of Utube "reviews", "tours" etc. of the Equinox, and there have been several "cabin tours" I've watched, but none have addressed my question. And I've searched Celebrity's website. And I checked several pages of Cruise Critic, but none seem to address my question.

I was able to see that there are a couple of outlets by the mirror ....... BUT are there any by the NIGHTSTANDS???!!!

I'm on a CPAP machine at night which needs to be right by the bed. The cord isn't long enough to stretch all the way to the outlets by the little desk/mirror.

My final payment is due at the end of July and I don't want to cancel this cruise because I'm required to be on this lousy machine.

Thanks.

"hope to be cruising soon", 

Kris

The outlets are at the desk.

your steward can provide an extension cord and distilled water.  

special needs will handle this and you will probably find them in your stateroom waiting for you on your arrival.  If not, just remind your stateroom attendant when you meet him.

Don't cancel because of this...there are many many passengers who bring CPAPs. As noted the cruise line will provide an extension cord and distilled water... you can either fill out the form or the agent at Celebrity can add the request to your paperwork. They don't have many outlets..but we have been able to work around this. the extension cord can be a tripping hazard... so you might ask the steward to tape it down. One of our stewards did this..without our asking...which was helpful.

DH has cruised with a CPAP on all the S-class ships with no worries with the outlet being by the dresser. May I suggest that you book bed by bath and that non-CPAP user takes the side by the closet? Otherwise there is a greater chance of tripping over the extension cord to go potty in the middle of the night if the bed is by the veranda and the extension cord crosses the path to the bath.

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

If you fill in a Special Needs form, pre cruise, appropriate extensions will be provided.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The outlets are at the desk.

your steward can provide an extension cord and distilled water.  

special needs will handle this and you will probably find them in your stateroom waiting for you on your arrival.  If not, just remind your stateroom attendant when you meet him.

2 hours ago, kearney said:

Don't cancel because of this...there are many many passengers who bring CPAPs. As noted the cruise line will provide an extension cord and distilled water... you can either fill out the form or the agent at Celebrity can add the request to your paperwork. They don't have many outlets..but we have been able to work around this. the extension cord can be a tripping hazard... so you might ask the steward to tape it down. One of our stewards did this..without our asking...which was helpful.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! Your answers have relieved my mind. I'm ready to cruise!

Now I'm happy,

Kris

57 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

DH has cruised with a CPAP on all the S-class ships with no worries with the outlet being by the dresser. May I suggest that you book bed by bath and that non-CPAP user takes the side by the closet? Otherwise there is a greater chance of tripping over the extension cord to go potty in the middle of the night if the bed is by the veranda and the extension cord crosses the path to the bath.

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

No issue, you will get an extension cord provided. I just unplug it during the day.

Nice to hear from someone else who has the "CPAP challenge". And I've been so relieved to hear that they have extension cords that can be used. I got worried when I was looking at Celebrity's website and it said "no extension cords" and I only saw a couple of outlets at the desk. 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Ready to cruise,

Kris

36 minutes ago, finny2 said:

What about in accessible cabins? Is it the same? DH and I both use CPAPs. 

I'd be willing to bet that the answers received to my question would be about the same for you, too. I'd remembered to request distilled water (through my TA), but forgot about the power that would be needed.  Thank goodness for still having a TA.

Kris

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Last time they put duct tape to cover up the exposed cord on the floor and they ran it under the bed.  The chance of tripping over it would be minimal. 

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU WHO REPLIED --- and so quickly! 😃 YAY!

I've been on tons of previous cruises, but they were on different cruise lines, and this was before I needed a CPAP. (Ahh, how a couple of years can change things....)

Well, it's been about a year & a half now since my last cruise  ...... and I've been having cruise withdrawal ..... but now, thanks to all your answers ..... I can again be 

KRUISINKRIS

THANKS AGAIN!!!

• Like 1

We have had two CPAP ... near disasters.... One year we had driven down to Orlando to visit with a friend for a few days..when the CPAP failed. We had an old one at home... Got a neighbor..who had a key to the house...go inside find it and over night it to our friends house... in time for us. Thank heaven we had planned to stay a few days before driving to Miami.

The second time we had driven to just south of Orlando... we discovered that DH had forgotten the cord for his CPAP... So after googling on the road I located a pharmacy not far from the port where I could purchase one. Anyone who uses a CPAP daily..knows how hard it is to sleep without one.

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

One other suggestion is all the Celebrity ships have at least one Euro plug. So I take a Euro-US plug so i can use that outlet also.

den

I was watching the updated cabin video on the Millennium and the guy said they added plugs next to the bed, but they are EURO plugs only.   So yeah, if you bring EURO adapter, you may not even need extension cord on some ships. 

13 hours ago, kearney said:

We have had two CPAP ... near disasters.... One year we had driven down to Orlando to visit with a friend for a few days..when the CPAP failed. We had an old one at home... Got a neighbor..who had a key to the house...go inside find it and over night it to our friends house... in time for us. Thank heaven we had planned to stay a few days before driving to Miami.

The second time we had driven to just south of Orlando... we discovered that DH had forgotten the cord for his CPAP... So after googling on the road I located a pharmacy not far from the port where I could purchase one. Anyone who uses a CPAP daily..knows how hard it is to sleep without one.

Glad everything worked out so you only had "near disasters" instead of "disasters".

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

One other suggestion is all the Celebrity ships have at least one Euro plug. So I take a Euro-US plug so i can use that outlet also.

den

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

I was watching the updated cabin video on the Millennium and the guy said they added plugs next to the bed, but they are EURO plugs only.   So yeah, if you bring EURO adapter, you may not even need extension cord on some ships. 

Great suggestions! And I think we have a Euro plug adapter. Thanks again.

I know the U.S. and U.K. are recommending and/or advising we avoid cruising because of the pandemic.    Neither my DH or I have CPAPs or other health problems but our doctors have said if we weren’t so healthy he/she would advise against air and cruise travel even while vaccinated.

We are currently in Greece but things are far from normal and we are noticing the “cruise cough” on our second leg.   I hope these folks are just smokers with their ever present lung disorders but if they are sick they are certainly spreading their infections to the rest of us.

11 hours ago, lostchild said:

That is good news since we will be on the Millennium in Sept. I just told DH and hopefully we will not forget to pack our euro adapter between now and then!

5 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

That is good news since we will be on the Millennium in Sept. I just told DH and hopefully we will not forget to pack our euro adapter between now and then!

I only watched all the walkthrough of the retreat class cabins (sky suite, celebrity suite, etc...).  I don't know if they added outlet for the non-retreat cabins.  I think they only added USB ports for non retreat cabins next to the bed.