Which itinerary?

Just now, poocher said:

2 choices both on Explorer Oct 2022:

1.  Labadee, Dominican Republic. Curaçao & Aruba

2.  Bonaire, Curaçao and Aruba

I would do the first one. I really enjoyed Labadee and would probably not bother getting off the ship again in Bonaire. That said, if you're into snorkelling or scuba diving, I understand Bonaire is supposed to be amazing.

• Thanks 1

Thank you!  Just the kind of feedback I’m looking for!

i would also add that the Curaçao stop on the first itinerary is from 2pm - 11pm?  Would there time to do anything?

Edited by poocher

8 minutes ago, poocher said:

Thank you!  Just the kind of feedback I’m looking for!

i would also add that the Curaçao stop on the first itinerary is from 2pm - 11pm?  Would there time to do anything?

Yes, there will be plenty of time. You might even want to consider having dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants in Curação.

I did a similar itinerary to your first option on Navigator OTS in November/December 2018 (on that one we actually had the 3 ABC islands plus Labadee) and I participated in a live report which was started by @Rogueperson. It includes lots of info, pics and details of what we did in the ports, as well as copies of the Compass.

Here is the link. I hope you find it helpful: 

Also, here is the link to the posts I did back in 2017 about the excursions we did in Curação and Aruba that year. I'm afraid the links to the photos appear to broken now but you can still read the descriptions, if you're interested.

I think that link should take you straight to the first relevant post in the thread but if it doesn't the posts in question are numbers 83, 85 and 86.

I have to agree with Fiona about Bonaire. It is one of the premier scuba diving locales in the Caribbean.  If you enjoy snorkeling or scuba, I would not miss it. I did a week long scuba trip there years ago and after almost 20 dives, still only did a fraction available.

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

Thank you all!  And Fiona, I spent a lovely morning with my coffee and your trip reports.  A perfect way to start a day on dry land 😘

I'm so glad you enjoyed them. I'll probably re-read them myself after work and enjoy re-living the experiences! :classic_laugh:

I might be tempted to pick #2 only because the closest I have gotten to Bonaire is seeing the lights as we sailed by at night. Aside from that I would be temped to go with the 4 port itinerary. I really like both Aruba and Curacao which you would get with either choice.

• Thanks 1

I would choose the ABCs also, I love all three islands. I'm a scuba diver. Bonaire had been on my bucket list of place to dive for years. After finally finding a cruise that went there, and having a chance to dive there, we booked another cruise that stopped there so we could dive some more.

I've never been to Labadee or the Dominican Republic so I can't speak about those two stops.

Hi @FionaMG.  Thanks for tagging our live thread.  Of course, since you tagged it, I had to relive our cruise then.  Remembering quarantine!!! 😁.  And also I posted a link to my next live thread for Princess,  in that.  I had to relive my cruises again. 

Personally, I would go with the itinerary 1, because I've never been to Dominican Republic before.  I don't care much for Labadee.  However, both itineraries is something I would do because, well, I missed Curacao because i was sick.

• Like 1

I would pick option 1.  We love aruba and Curacao, always can find a nice beach and other fun excursions. 

I havent been to Labadee in a couple years but we enjoyed and want to go back.  

Lots to do and see at DR.

Not much to do on bonaire, but if never been its nice to go at least once.

Guess it all depends on what you like to do when you go to the islands.

4 hours ago, poocher said:

2 choices both on Explorer Oct 2022:

1.  Labadee, Dominican Republic. Curaçao & Aruba

2.  Bonaire, Curaçao and Aruba

I had the same choice as you. DD and 2 friends had picked #1.  Once I volunteered to be their fourth (2 cabins) I showed them #2. Hours are slightly different, but 12 hours on each island. Needless to say we are doing #2 August of 2022. 

16 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Hi @FionaMG.  Thanks for tagging our live thread.  Of course, since you tagged it, I had to relive our cruise then.  Remembering quarantine!!! 😁.

Hi @Rogueperson :classic_smile: Hope you're well and possibly planning future cruises and live reviews. Our next is on Harmony in September - 67 days from now, if it goes. I have fingers, legs and eyes crossed. I may do a live from that.

Would love to get back stateside. I have my eye on one out of NJ in May but don't want to book until I know we Europeans are being allowed back in to the US.

(sorry for slightly hijacking the thread @poocher :classic_blush:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Hi @Rogueperson :classic_smile: Hope you're well and possibly planning future cruises and live reviews. Our next is on Harmony in September - 67 days from now, if it goes. I have fingers, legs and eyes crossed. I may do a live from that.

Would love to get back stateside. I have my eye on one out of NJ in May but don't want to book until I know we Europeans are being allowed back in to the US.

(sorry for slightly hijacking the thread @poocher :classic_blush:)

My next 3.  Brilliance 4 night out of Tampa in December 16th, Enchantment 12 night out of Baltimore on March 5th, and a b2b 14 nights on Adventure out of NJ on September 24, 2022  Bermuda/Canada.

• Like 1