What does the retreat package include?

hg0606

Greetings all! I am not new to cruising but I am new to Celebrity cruise lines. My husband and I are taking a vacation for our 15 anniversary (we started  going on cruises every five years starting with our honeymoon). We are looking at booking a cruise and found one that fit our budget and timeline. Before I booked I wanted to figure out exactly what it means. Below is what shows up on my payment information as included on the level I am booking (a sky suite). 

The Retreat 

Streaming Wi-Fi

$300 per person in shore excursion and onboard credits

Premium drinks

Tips

Dining

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner included at select venues

Exclusive Access to Luminae

What comes with the premium drinks? Also it says tips? What does that encompass?  It overall seems like a great deal but I wanted to know how much more I will be paying for out of pocket above and beyond what is "included". I appreciate all yalls help in advance.

Heather 

If you've cruised before, then you know that there are automatic gratuities charged to your account every day. These are already taken care of as a perk. Bartender gratuities are included with the beverage package. Of course feel  free to tip in addition to this for exceptional service if you wish.

The beverage package should cover most drinks, except for the more expensive wines or top shelf liquors. If you order something more expensive, you are charged the difference plus the gratuity on that amount. Somewhere on the Celebrity website is a list of what is on the premium package. I think it's tucked into the dining section. Hopefully someone can provide  a link.

• Thanks 1

I Am sure someone will post a link to the Premium Package which is posted on X's website. The included beverages may change due to the pandemic, yet I would imagine that it largely will have the same or quite similar offerings. Also, you will be able to do a comparison between packages, too.

As far as everything else, the only real other cash out of pocket would be for any Specialty Dining you want or drinks not on any beverage package. Tips include daily grats, beverage grats and the like... anything you wish to leave above the daily, it is your option. There are a few threads on this topic.

Bottom line, sailing within The Retreat is almost all inclusive at the top levels.

Congrats on your anniversary, enjoy your sailing and bon voyage

• Like 1

"Streaming Wi-Fi" is the Stream wi-fi package (1 device/passenger in the room). This is an upgrade from the Classic Package that is included with the "Always Included" package with non-suite rooms.

"Premium Drinks" is the Premium Package in the link above.  This is an upgrade from the Classic Package that is included with the "Always Included" package with non-suite rooms.

"Tips" is the standard automatic gratuity amount for your stateroom class.  It also covers the gratuities for the drink package, but it does not cover the 20% gratuity added to what you pay for a bottle of wine, overage on a drink, wine tastings, etc.  It also does not cover gratuities for specialty dining, spa, or anything else.

Honestly, I'm not sure what "dining" means beyond access to Luminae, the menu in the Retreat Lounge, and the suite room service menu.

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

The Premium drinks package covers all alcohol and non alcohol drinks and glass of wines under $15 a glass. This will allow a large selection of premium spirts and some very good wines. It does not cover the mini bar in a Sky Suite. Best part it will cover the upscale large martinis in the Martini bar.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank yall so much! I love coming to these forums because I have always had such a great support. I don't think I would ever know so much about cruising without this site. I remember now about basic tips being included but honestly forgot about it because its been 5 years. lol. Thanks again to everyone for all the tips and help. I really appreciate everything. 

Edited by hg0606
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

ok just reserved some fun stuff to do on the Sea days , Deal or no Deal, Slot machine competition, Mixology 101, Sketch and SIP... I used the points I generated off the Celebrity credit card and I still have some credit left over from that . take advantage of any credits your Travel agent , Celebrity or the credit card perks provide. 

51 minutes ago, neetyl said:

ok just reserved some fun stuff to do on the Sea days , Deal or no Deal, Slot machine competition, Mixology 101, Sketch and SIP... I used the points I generated off the Celebrity credit card and I still have some credit left over from that . take advantage of any credits your Travel agent , Celebrity or the credit card perks provide. 

Since thread goes back to 2021 the perks for booking the Retreat have been reduced.

So for someone reading this in 2024 a Retreat booking no longer includes the tips (daily gratuties) those are an added charge of $23 per person per day.  Also they no longer include On Board Credit with the booking. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, neetyl said:

Sounds good but none of this has anything to do with the Retreat package.