Online check-in for Regent Cruises

There is a new item on the "To do" list in the My account section of the Regent website: "Complete online check-in".

Extract from the online check-in form:

GUEST INFORMATION AND ONLINE CHECK-IN

In order to provide for a quicker, smoother experience at the cruise terminal, please complete all of the steps below. We've prepared a quick and informative step-by-step guide to assist you, which can be found here.

Click on each guest name below to complete the Guest Information and Health and Safety Attestation/Ticket Contract steps, which must be done prior to your Cruise Vacation Documents being mailed. The remainder of the steps will be available beginning 21 days prior to embarkation and must be completed at least four (4) days prior to embarkation.

Once all steps are complete, you will receive a Boarding Pass which must be presented at the embarkation terminal, along with valid Proof of Vaccination, Passport and all Required Visas.

It appears that the on-line check-in window opens 9 months prior to the cruise but the process cannot be completed until 21 days prior, but must be completed at least 4 days prior.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Just checked. Some information available for use, but most will be available in November for a December cruise. 
Similar to our online checkin on Celebrity for our cruise in two weeks. 
sheila

Flossie - Thanks for starting this thread!  This is definitely a "new thing" for the check-in and documentation process.  Most likely will have something to do with health status questions and vaccination information.  Requiring submission before "boarding day" should speed things up....as well as possibly avoiding some "unpleasantness" or unwanted "surprises" on "boarding day" (i.e. "no stab - no boarding")

Sheila - Same here!  My RSSC website is just now showing for the first time a "new box to be checked" on my "things to do" list for our December Mariner Cruise, as well...It "looks" like it will be available for completion one month before embarkation day (November 17 for us).  Hopefully, Regent will provide us all with a bit more information - sooner rather than later.  Regards

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flossie009 said:

It appears that the on-line check-in window opens 9 months prior to the cruise

16 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Online check in window not available for me even though 150 days from sailing

Since I posted, the dates have been amended and the online check-in window is now only available 21 days prior to the cruise. 

Some information is automatically pulled through from the Guest Registration Form so worth checking that in advance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Since I posted, the dates have been amended and the online check-in window is now only available 21 days prior to the cruise. 

Some information is automatically pulled through from the Guest Registration Form so worth checking that in advance.

In principle this is good, but am I right in thinking that 21 days is a bit of a short time to ensure that passengers get their "Cruise Vacation Documents" by mail or courier?

(I'm sure all the kinks will be worked out before I sail a little less than a year from now.)

4 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

In principle this is good, but am I right in thinking that 21 days is a bit of a short time to ensure that passengers get their "Cruise Vacation Documents" by mail or courier?

(I'm sure all the kinks will be worked out before I sail a little less than a year from now.)

Wendy - I at first was thinking the same thing about boarding documents , but then I went back and re-read the on-line instructions.  Boarding Passes will be Emailed to you (and can be printed) within 24 hours after we complete the online procedures.  I'm also thinking that we'll still get the customary "paper stuff" (along with any rebates) from our TA's in advance.  It seems like they're following CDC "Safe Sailing" guidelines by getting all the "stuff" done in advance "like photos, etc.) that can be done (credit card, pictures, etc.), so any lines or waiting times at the terminals are reduced.  Regards.

"BOARDING PASS
After completing ALL of the sections above for ALL of the guests in your suite, a Boarding Pass will be emailed within 24 hours to the email address(es) you provided via the Guest Registration step above. If you wish to send your Boarding Pass to a different email address, after all guests have completed all of the steps above, you may return to this section and provide a different email address."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Wendy - I at first was thinking the same thing about boarding documents , but then I went back and re-read the on-line instructions.  Boarding Passes will be Emailed to you (and can be printed) within 24 hours after we complete the online procedures.  I'm also thinking that we'll still get the customary "paper stuff" (along with any rebates) from our TA's in advance.  It seems like they're following CDC "Safe Sailing" guidelines by getting all the "stuff" done in advance "like photos, etc.) that can be done (credit card, pictures, etc.), so any lines or waiting times at the terminals are reduced.  Regards.

"BOARDING PASS
After completing ALL of the sections above for ALL of the guests in your suite, a Boarding Pass will be emailed within 24 hours to the email address(es) you provided via the Guest Registration step above. If you wish to send your Boarding Pass to a different email address, after all guests have completed all of the steps above, you may return to this section and provide a different email address."

Ah, I see, thanks.  So the printed docs are even more unnecessary and redundant than they were before I guess.

Do we know the purpose of the safety video? Is this to replace muster briefings or some other purpose? I know several lines have replaced the in person muster drill with a video briefing, but I don't recall hearing that for Regent.

One disappointing thing is that Regent's cruise contract requires you to arrange your own transportation home, even if you catch COVID on their cruise and they disembark you mid cruise. RCCL/Celebrity are taking care of their customers in those situations. I guess that is another reason to make sure you have good travel insurance.

16 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

Do we know the purpose of the safety video? Is this to replace muster briefings or some other purpose? I know several lines have replaced the in person muster drill with a video briefing, but I don't recall hearing that for Regent.

One disappointing thing is that Regent's cruise contract requires you to arrange your own transportation home, even if you catch COVID on their cruise and they disembark you mid cruise. RCCL/Celebrity are taking care of their customers in those situations. I guess that is another reason to make sure you have good travel insurance.

This wording was in the prior version of the contract as well - except for the COVID part. See below...

9. CARRIER’S RIGHTS The Ship, either before embarkation or at any time thereafter and whether or not required by any maritime necessity, may remain in port, proceed by any route and deviate from or change the advertised scheduled or intended route at any stage of the voyage and may proceed to and stay at any places whatsoever, although in a contrary direction to, or outside of, or beyond the usual route, one or more times, in any order, for loading or discharging fuel, stores, laborers, stowaways, Guests, or members of the Ship’s company, for this, or any prior or subsequent voyage and/or for any purpose whatsoever that We, as Carrier, or the Master may deem advisable. Any 5 such procedure shall be considered not to be a deviation but within the voyage herein intended as fully as if specifically described herein. The above mentioned provisions are not to be considered as restricted by any words of this Ticket Contract. The Ship may adjust compass, drydock or go on ways before or after commencement of the voyage and may sail without pilots, tow or be towed, and assist vessels in all situations and deviate for the purposes of saving life or property. Except as provided in Clause 4(c), if the performance of the proposed voyage is hindered or prevented (or in the opinion of the Carrier or Master, is likely to be hindered or prevented) by war, hostilities, blockage, ice, labor conflicts, weather, surf, shallow waters, insurrections, disturbances, on board or ashore, restraint of any Governmental Authority, breakdown of the Ship, congestions, docking difficulties or any other cause whatsoever, or if We, as Carrier, or the Master of the Ship consider that for any reason whatsoever, beyond the control of the Carrier, proceeding to, attempting to enter, or entering or remaining at any port may expose the Ship to risk of loss or damage, or be likely to delay the Ship, You and Your baggage may be landed at any port or place at which the Ship may call, in which event Our responsibility shall cease and this Ticket/Contract shall be deemed to have been fully performed, or if You have not embarked, We may cancel the proposed voyage without liability to refund any Cruise or CruiseTour Fares paid in advance.

https://www.rssc.com/media/hostedfiles/legal/USTicketContractJanuary2015.pdf

Hi, Kwaj!  If you can't manage to get the pic/s taken/uploaded.. That's probably one of those things that Regent will be glad to "take care of" on "embarkation day".  🙂  I'm sure Regent will make accommodations for those of us who are bit "technologically challenged".  I for one,  use my phone for.....making and receiving phone calls!  That's just about it!  It's certainly not my primary means of "connecting or computing with the world"!

I've never even taken (or felt the slightest need to take) a "selfie"....EITHER/EVER!  I suppose that DW and I could take a pic of each other, then "attach it" to an Email...that we then "send to ourselves"....and then open up the email on our "real home computer".....and "save those pics" to our Photo files in that "real computer"....then "open up" our Regent account online, go to the "pre-cruise check-in" page.  Attach those 2 pics....and then send the damn things into "outer space".....

And you know what!!!.....I'll bet someone $20 "Bucks"....that whether we do all that or not.....Regent WILL STILL take our pictures (again) on embarkation day, and all that previous effort will be ignored/wasted anyway!!  Best Regards.  😜   

I will say this is one thing that Celebrity has done right for their suite class passengers in Florida. When you arrive you go to a land side lounge with a bar and refreshments. You go to a comfy chair and someone with an iPad comes over while you enjoy refreshments. If you have completed on-line check in you  show a bar code and they ask one or two questions and then you can go on the ship. Once you are on the ship you can go to your stateroom immediately and drop any carry on luggage. Your key cards are also waiting for you there. You can't stay as they may still be finishing the room setup, but you are then free to go about the ship until rooms are open. 

No lines. Essentially no wait at all. There are other things I am expecting to be far better on Regent, but this is one area that is pretty darn good on Celebrity (for suite passengers).

• Like 1

This is a generational thing. Most young people do not have landlines, do not use desktop computers and do use their phones for connecting with the world.

Your local CVS will take your pic against a white background for a few dollars and email it to you. Seems a safer bet to go this route than to fly across the globe without having sent it in. Regent is assigning people embarkation slots and the more you have to do on the pier, the longer you will hold up the people behind you.

32 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

I will say this is one thing that Celebrity has done right for their suite class passengers in Florida. When you arrive you go to a land side lounge with a bar and refreshments. You go to a comfy chair and someone with an iPad comes over while you enjoy refreshments. If you have completed on-line check in you  show a bar code and they ask one or two questions and then you can go on the ship. Once you are on the ship you can go to your stateroom immediately and drop any carry on luggage. Your key cards are also waiting for you there. You can't stay as they may still be finishing the room setup, but you are then free to go about the ship until rooms are open. 

No lines. Essentially no wait at all. There are other things I am expecting to be far better on Regent, but this is one area that is pretty darn good on Celebrity (for suite passengers).

We are currently on Celebrity Edge, and you are mostly correct regarding suites.
 However, we did all their pre-Cruise check-in including downloading photos.  After a fairly long wait in the suite line (close to 45 minutes) they scanned our CDC cards, boarding pass app on our phone and passports, before we finally made it to the shore side suite lounge.  There they retook everyones picture, checked and verify information before we were allowed to board (whole process over 1 hour). 
The process for this particular cruise took longer than any Regent check-in we have encountered. Believe the process fell apart because passengers showed up way before their assigned check-in time.  Hope Regent is more prepared than Celebrity was for this particular cruise and for people trying to check-in way early, what a mess.  

Sorry to hear that. My story was certainly pre-Covid, and I agree I hope Regent's process is better than you experienced. I'm on a January 3rd sailing with Regent, so maybe everyone will have the wrinkles worked out by then. Fingers crossed.

I like the option of being able to choose the photo my IDcard will be associated with.  I have a few that more closely match my mental image of myself rather than the lying image the camera produces.  🙂

Edited by daetchief
added emoji
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daetchief said:

I like the option of being able to choose the photo my IDcard will be associated with.  I have a few that more closely match my mental image of myself rather than the lying image the camera produces.  🙂

My DW AGREES!