Popcorn!?

tap_out

On 7/24/2021 at 1:47 AM, tap_out said:

I see what you did there lol yes we are taking about popcorn.  Life is returning to normal.  

Exactly....paying for popcorn is the 2021 "no table cloths in the MDR"

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

In 2021 there are no table cloths even on "elegant" nights.

🤦‍♂️i know, again its a joke..a couple of years ago alot of people got up in arms about Carnival taking away the tablecloths. This whole thing reminds me alot of that

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kevin308 said:

I think we need to go back to arguing about popcorn pricing now.

Me too.  Also, I wonder if butter in the buffet will still be served in a crock or if they will go back to butter pats.  Will cereal still be in bulk or will they go back to small boxes?  Inquiring minds want fluff posts.  LOL

On 7/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, tap_out said:

So in our humble opinion nothing beats sitting under the Caribbean sky with drink in hand enjoying a movie under the stars.  So I hear they are charging for popcorn now. Eh.... not ideal but oh well it is what it is.  With that being said it's pretty crappy popcorn but beats a blank lol. I read that it read $3. The servings in the past were pretty small, especially with  $3 price point? Any recent cruisers that can confirm the size? Price? Free refills? Thanks 

Get over it - same size $3 bucks - no refills

1 minute ago, grillinchillin said:

We have 4 cruises booked, with free drinks everywhere on the ship and a balcony. I will be a $20 millionaire, tipping in cash. I’ll pay the gratuities, but will be tipping very well.

Sweet man. I know who to hang out with!

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont remember the deli having french fries but rarely ate there.

They had them on the past several ships we have cruised.  I saw someone at one of the comedy clubs with a plate of fries and that got me thinking it would make a good snack, so I got some too.

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

They had them on the past several ships we have cruised.  I saw someone at one of the comedy clubs with a plate of fries and that got me thinking it would make a good snack, so I got some too.

Yup, they have fries at te deli and had cookies too....got the fries once, but opted for cookies the next time - great BLT 

All items looked very good.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, BlerkOne said:

In 2021 there are no table cloths even on "elegant" nights.

I'm not wearing a suit then😁 Perhaps dressy  jeans  and an Aloha shirt!

Edited by travelplus

• 1 year later...

Just finished sailing on the Dream out of Galveston and yes they did charge $3.00 for the popcorn.  It is not very good and we had brought seasonings to add to our Popcorn.  Will probable not get it again as I really don't care for the taste and rarely got it when it was free.