Flying to cruise with only personal bag

nycruise3

I really do not understand what the big issue is.   IF you want to pack and check a suitcase fine. If you want do limit yourself to a carry on then fine.

Who really cares?  Do not understand why people don't MYOB and simply do what is best for them. Why the rush to judge someone just because they do not conform to your ways?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iancal said:

I really do not understand what the big issue is.   IF you want to pack and check a suitcase fine. If you want do limit yourself to a carry on then fine.

Who really cares?  Do not understand why people don't MYOB and simply do what is best for them. Why the rush to judge someone just because they do not conform to your ways?

Thank you🙂

39 minutes ago, iancal said:

I have to agree.   Many of us like to share our preferences and experiences, which is great.  Some like to express their disapproval and find fault, which is not so great.  

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if this desire to conform or to judge is attributable to the age of some cruisers or some posters, or in general those who cruise.

We see this desire in people of my age but not so much in those who are the age of our children.... 35-40.

Edited by iancal

3 minutes ago, iancal said:

I sometimes wonder if this desire to conform or to judge is attributable to the age of some cruisers or 

some posters.    I see this desire in people of my age but I seldom see it in those of our childrens ages- 35-40.

Maybe so.....but in my opinion, it may also be how some us were raised.....not only how you raised your children.  Sounds like your kids may not be so judgy.....and that is a good thing (in my view).

• 2 years later...

I'll actually answer the question:  I almost did it for a 4-night cruise out of San Pedro, California one early December.  I packed a 20-liter backpack and a 10-liter purse.  The purse became the personal item and the backpack the regular carry-on, so it was still 2 bags.

It was fine; no formal nights for the short voyage.

I met someone on a TA that had done months in Europe and a 15 night cruise with just a personal item. It was really impressive. Next cruise I am camping and cruising in Alaska in September with a carry on and personal item. Can’t quite limit myself to personal item only but it is definitely possible.