New/extended cancelations for Eclipse, Infinity and Solstice

Jeremiah1212

We are booked on the Reflection in February in a Sky Suite…just got off the Edge on the  24th also in a SS…I have been contemplating switching to the Edge because of the difference in the Retreat benefits between the two ships… not even thinking the Reflection might not sail…now I am concerned that if the Reflection does cancel availability on the Edge will become much more limited and pricing will increase considerably. If I was sailing just with DH I would change but we are sailing with extended family who have great rates on Reflection since they booked onboard right when sailings were released so I doubt they will want to change.

5 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I agree, we got a bargain and moved it to the Japan Apr 2022. Not cancelled has yet. But would definitely prefer to keep the pricing and perks. It make it a BOGOF at today's prices. If it's less days ie 14 to 12, do I get a pro rata amount back? 

Yes, the cruise fare (doesn't include tax/fees) is reduced by the pro-rated amount.  So for you, it will be reduced by 14%.  For us, our 14 night canceled cruise is being shifted to an 11 night cruise, so we are getting 21% back.  However some of that was offset by the taxes and fees for the 11 night cruise which is higher than the 14 nighter.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Oville said:

We got notification today that out Nov 12 Constellation cruise from Tampa is no more.

I have a Dec. 3 Constellation from Tampa. Maybe the twill be cancelled too. What was the reason Constellation was cancelled?

Edited by susiesan

14 hours ago, Oville said:

We got notification today that out Nov 12 Constellation cruise from Tampa is no more.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I've seen no other postings of Constellation sailing cancelled.  @Oville can you post the letter you received about the cancellation?

This one would be news to me too. It's still bookable by TA's and on the Celebrity site. Nothing on the TA side that would indicate it is canceled? 

If X has so many ships in the Caribbean then why not move one out west to cruise seven night cruises from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera? Carnival, Princess and other lines are starting back this fall. Seems that the Eclipse could be moved here versus a layup. 

Just curious:  I looked through the long list of suspended cruises.  I see that Reflection is suspended for Caribbean dates in November, December, February.  We are scheduled for 10 night Southern Caribbean on January 19.  Do you think it will sail?  Why would everything on that ship be cancelled except for the January cruises?

On 7/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Right now everything seems to indicate they will bring Reflection back in November as planned. They have a ton of capacity for the Caribbean coming online very quickly but I imagine it would be another 2+ months before any Caribbean cancelations are announced. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.41.16 AM.png

Let's hope so!  We're on the Reflection in Nov and Jan.  

On 7/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, bajathree said:

I find it a bit hard to believe all these Caribbean sailings will stay in place as planned if they want to preserve pricing at all. The only ships I would rely upon 100% at this point for sailing the Caribbean short term would be The Edge, Apex and Equinox. I don't see any way they will have the demand to bring all these ships back into play by end of this year without crashing pricing.

yup agree.  When I had to cancel a Disney cruise for Nov because of all the kids and issues with vaccine and move my deposit to next year, I was looking for something on Celebrity.  I had confidence a couple of months ago that Edge and Equinox would be the GO TO ships since they started first. 

Celebrity is not know for lots of ships in Fla all at once so glad I book Edge.  Funny I am doing her next year twice in the fall including one trip from Rome.

3 hours ago, Bavarian Cruiser said:

so in European market we didn't get yesterday any informations about cancelations from celebrity and only seven days for lift and shift in pretty small?

anyone else influenced by that?

Hi, @Bavarian Cruiser.  Just wanted to say that Garmisch-Partenkirchen is one of my favorite places in the world!  I hope everything works out for your cruise/changes!

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This one would be news to me too. It's still bookable by TA's and on the Celebrity site. Nothing on the TA side that would indicate it is canceled? 

Turns out it was a screw-up by the TA as we were informed bythe TA this morning.

My suite TP from Sydney to Honolulu sank in the Pacific, but thankfully $900 is being refunded, as I booked NRD.  No suites available for 2023, and not much of anything else either.  We shall try for 2024!  Thank goodness we also book Flora for May 27,2022 just in case!  It just wasn't meant to be!

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, teacherman said:

Just curious:  I looked through the long list of suspended cruises.  I see that Reflection is suspended for Caribbean dates in November, December, February.  We are scheduled for 10 night Southern Caribbean on January 19.  Do you think it will sail?  Why would everything on that ship be cancelled except for the January cruises.

Those are from last winter. November of 2020-February of 2021.

3 hours ago, teacherman said:

Just curious:  I looked through the long list of suspended cruises.  I see that Reflection is suspended for Caribbean dates in November, December, February.  We are scheduled for 10 night Southern Caribbean on January 19.  Do you think it will sail?  Why would everything on that ship be cancelled except for the January cruises?

I think you are good--for now.  Reflection cruises for Nov and beyond are not on the list.  The link I provided in Post 56 is a pdf file.  There is an Excel spreadsheet complied by Celebrity that has things grouped by ship.  You have to download the zip file and then extract it--here is the link.  But after you do that, it is much easier to navigate than reading through the pdf file.

image.thumb.png.efcf20da8335fd6117c074a034bb6cfd.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, cruisestitch said:

Celebrity will not be in South America during this time. They will not be deploying another ship.

Yep, Holland America cancelled theirs a few months ago. Princess still has their SA tours available, but I expect those will be cancelled at some point too. 

On 7/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, NMTraveller said:

We cancelled our Feb Silhouette cruise last week.  This just confirms that it was the correct decision as we would want to see the ship sailing before final payment and actually have a good chance of the cruise happening.

I have seen it sailing at the bottom of the road and hope to be on it in September. I cannot imagine how it cannot do that atlantic passage and continue with the caribbean season. 

Would Celebrity consider basing a portless ship in Southampton IMG_8024.jpg.3dc0ddb3c1f3f2c5d0a7742258271382.jpgthis Winter? Cunard, Fred Olsen and P&O do good business with cruises to the Canary Islands and Nortern Europe November to March.

US vaccinated tourists are welcome in the UK from next week and international cruises are now allowed by the British Government.

17 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I have seen it sailing at the bottom of the road and hope to be on it in September. I cannot imagine how it cannot do that atlantic passage and continue with the caribbean season. 

Would Celebrity consider basing a portless ship in Southampton IMG_8024.jpg.3dc0ddb3c1f3f2c5d0a7742258271382.jpgthis Winter? Cunard, Fred Olsen and P&O do good business with cruises to the Canary Islands and Nortern Europe November to March.

US vaccinated tourists are welcome in the UK from next week and international cruises are now allowed by the British Government.

Oops.  I meant to say the Solstice.  I always get the two ships confused.  We were scheduled on an Asia/Japan cruise.

I think that your dog wants to go on a cruise 🙂

2 hours ago, drowelf said:

Yep, Holland America cancelled theirs a few months ago. Princess still has their SA tours available, but I expect those will be cancelled at some point too. 

Viking also still has their South America cruises scheduled for early 2022.  I am booked on one of those sailing at the end of February and I await the inevitable falling of the axe.  It is good to see that Celebrity proactively cancelled these cruises this many months ahead of the sailings.

4 hours ago, drowelf said:

Holland America has NOT canceled theirs. I am currently booked on the Jan 5 Westerdam SA and Antarctica, first of several in the winter season on Westerdam.

12 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Holland America has NOT canceled theirs. I am currently booked on the Jan 5 Westerdam SA and Antarctica, first of several in the winter season on Westerdam.

Thats interesting, I know someone who was on the Westerdam and they told me their cruise had been cancelled. 

Update: 

Yep, Westerdam is still doing January SA's. I think my friend was on a December sailing, I just presumed that if part was cancelled, then all would be. 

Are you  aware that the Falkland Islands is very likely to be closed to all large ships? They are instituting a ban on ships with more than 500 passengers for the upcoming austral summer. 

13 hours ago, slewis7 said:

Viking also still has their South America cruises scheduled for early 2022.  I am booked on one of those sailing at the end of February and I await the inevitable falling of the axe.  It is good to see that Celebrity proactively cancelled these cruises this many months ahead of the sailings.

At least Celebrity also cancelled well before final payment. Now I don't have to think about what bucket to pull the $$ for that cruise out of. I've hard too many stories about cruises getting cancelled after final payment. 

Edited by drowelf
more info

I finally got the energy to call Celebrity today regarding what options I had given everything on offer on the email (other than a refund) is outside the timeframes for taking the same cruise later.

I was however very pleasantly surprised and there was no issue at all about moving the cruise to Dec 2022, even though it is 7 weeks outside the original departure date and well past the supposed FCC expiry at the end of September.

The FCC was included, got the same perks + same room too and its nearly £200 cheaper than the original. Happy with this result and now just hoping for Australia get the vaccine rollout completed by then and open the borders...

Worth giving a call if anyone has a same cruise option available outside the 4 weeks, less hassle than trying to FCC it later and a new booking