Ten Breakfast Venue Choices On Mardi Gras

SNJCruisers

20 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

My guess is you were never in any of the armed forces.

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Are you implying he never had SOS?

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Sounded like it was about the buffet comment. All of my chow halls were cafeteria style. 

I thought maybe he meant they'd love the buffet if they'd been on a diet of MREs.

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Has anyone seen breakfast menus for chibang, pig/anchor, Cucina, Java blue?

To partially answer my own question it looks like they took the small buffet that was in ocean plaza and moved it to pig and anchor since there is no ocean plaza on Mardi Gras and now they can sell it as a pig & anchor breakfast.

• Like 3

Still somewhat OT, but I enjoyed some pretty tasty food in Afghanistan (Camp Phoenix) in 2006. Glad they had a gym there as well - had to go twice/day just to keep up with the food! I looked forward every week to "chicken tender/strips" night - honey mustard never tasted so good! Side note, there was even a DQ on base - as much as I wanted a Blizzard, I could not bring myself to pay $7-8 for one. Now I wish I had... just for the novelty of it, if nothing else! Aside from that - sadly, that's a hopeless country. Lot's of good people, but over there "good" people just get trampled. 😞

Tom

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Still somewhat OT, but I enjoyed some pretty tasty food in Afghanistan (Camp Phoenix) in 2006. Glad they had a gym there as well - had to go twice/day just to keep up with the food! I looked forward every week to "chicken tender/strips" night - honey mustard never tasted so good! Side note, there was even a DQ on base - as much as I wanted a Blizzard, I could not bring myself to pay $7-8 for one. Now I wish I had... just for the novelty of it, if nothing else! Aside from that - sadly, that's a hopeless country. Lot's of good people, but over there "good" people just get trampled. 😞

Tom

Ahmed Al Jaber AB in Kuwait for me. The Hog Rock Cafe as the called it (a lot of A-10 warthogs there). They made ridiculous grilled cheese and hamburgers. I’m talking burgers on a roll where they have to cut the roll then then butter it and put it on the grill. And Thursday night was steak night. They grilled them all on a grill outside. I always made my way to grave shift when it wasn’t 130 degrees outside. So then steak night I  would go back for midnight chow and get steak n eggs. That was the only place we had for food though. The second time I went they had added a pizza inn window.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

My guess is you were never in any of the armed forces.

24 years active duty here, and I must agree, I don't do buffets either.  But hey, I was Air Force, we had our meals catered and fed to us.  Even during my deployments.  I'm joking of course....kinda.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

24 years active duty here, and I must agree, I don't do buffets either.  But hey, I was Air Force, we had our meals catered and fed to us.  Even during my deployments.  I'm joking of course....kinda.

I had no idea as to the different perks/standing of the various branches - until after I joined the Army Natl Guard (student loan repayment). Man, the Air Force had the nicer bases and digs. We were at their mercy for transport and temp lodging. Glad I was able to go in as an officer. I don't think I would have done well as enlisted, I gotta hand it to those guys!!

• Like 1

My husband and I are both retired Air Force and our son is active duty Army.  We are both retired enlisted and our son will be promoted to Lt. Col. next month.  Needless to say, we are very proud of him.  However, we both enjoy a back and forth joke fest about the differences in the benefits and conditions that are experienced between the different services.  It really is a hoot.  I spent several months at computer school at an Air Force Base in Mississippi and learned to love some Southern dishes that I had never had before.  Really tasty and served cafeteria style.  I am now a fan of grits, greens, and biscuits and gravy!       

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:41 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Literally......double digit choices for all 3 meals. And Cucina and Chibang are free at dinnertime.

Effectively, all of the zones on Mardi Gras other than Ultimate Playground have their own "Main Dining Room":

Lido - Lido Marketplace

French Quarter - Palm, Flamingo

La Piazza - Cucina del Capitano

Grand Central - ChiBang!

Summer Landing - Pig & Anchor

That of course doesn't count the upcharge/a la carte specialty restaurants (Fahrenheit 555, Rudi's Seagrill, Emeril's Bistro 1396, Bonsai Sushi, Seafood Shack, Bonsai Teppenyaki) or the casual dining venues.

12 hours ago, tidecat said:

Effectively, all of the zones on Mardi Gras other than Ultimate Playground have their own "Main Dining Room":

Lido - Lido Marketplace

French Quarter - Palm, Flamingo

La Piazza - Cucina del Capitano

Grand Central - ChiBang!

Summer Landing - Pig & Anchor

That of course doesn't count the upcharge/a la carte specialty restaurants (Fahrenheit 555, Rudi's Seagrill, Emeril's Bistro 1396, Bonsai Sushi, Seafood Shack, Bonsai Teppenyaki) or the casual dining venues.

Hopefully, MOST of these places will be open on our sailing date on the MG (Sept 11) I had planned to try several of the specialty restaurants for both breakfast and dinner but so far when you check out the dining upcharge venues available only three are available (steakhouse, Rudi's, Captain's Table). I don't think any of these three have breakfast sooo I'll keep checking back hoping that list will grow. If it doesn't, I bet the  Lido Marketplace and the two MDR's will be slammed at meal time.

Mac 

Chibangs was never mentioned for breakfast only lunch and dinner.  I started making a list this is what I have so far

BREAKFAST PLACES

LIDO

COFFEE SHOP—BREAKFAST SANDWICHES

SHAQ-SANDWICHES

BLUE IGUANA-BURRITOS AND EGGS RANCHERO

GUYS BURGER JOINT

EMERILS $$$$$

SEADAY BRUNCH

PALM DINNING ROOM - DECK 6 AFT

CUCCINA DEL CAPITANO - DECK 8 MIDSHIP. 

Seaday

Cucina - 7:30-10:30

Port day

06:15-09:15

GUYS PIG AND ANCHOR -DECK 8 AFT

Seaday

07:30-12:00pm

Port day

6:30-09:30am

LUNCH PLACES

CHIBANGS

CUCINA

EMERILS $$$$$

BLUE IGUANA

GUYS

LIDO BUFFET

SEASSIDE BBQ

STREET EATS—FRIES SKINNY WITH DIFFERENT TOPPINGS, DIM SUM, SATAY (GRILLED SHISHKABOB)

SHAQS

SUSHI-$$$$

FRESH SALAD CHOCIES AT SERENITY DECK

SEAFOOD SHACK $$$$$$

DELI-NOW CALLED PANINI LOCATED ON DECK 8 NEXT TO PIZZERIA IN THE PIAZZA AREA

DINNER PLACES

CHIBANGS

CUCINA

GUYS SMOKEHOUSE

DINING ROOM

LIDO BUFFET

EMERILS $$$$$

TEPPINAKI $$$$$$

RUDY’S SEAFOOD GRILL $$$$

STEAKHOUSE$$$$$

SUSHI$$$$$$

PIZZA ALL DAY

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Hopefully, MOST of these places will be open on our sailing date on the MG (Sept 11) I had planned to try several of the specialty restaurants for both breakfast and dinner but so far when you check out the dining upcharge venues available only three are available (steakhouse, Rudi's, Captain's Table). I don't think any of these three have breakfast sooo I'll keep checking back hoping that list will grow. If it doesn't, I bet the  Lido Marketplace and the two MDR's will be slammed at meal time.

Mac 

All of the places will be available for your sailing.  There are only 4 pay venues for your sailing.  Three are available as you mentioned and Teppanyaki must be sold out.  All of the other venues that are normally pay for dinner are not available to be reserved until you get on board.  There was a 24 hour or less period when Chibang was first mentioned that you could get a reserved spot.  Pig and Anchor is walk up only, no reservations.  Emeril's is walk up as well and the breakfast options there are 5 bucks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Chibangs was never mentioned for breakfast only lunch and dinner. 

Things are still fluid and I guess we will get first hand information from all of the various vloggers on YouTube starting tomorrow.  Here is a link that mentions theat breakfast is available at Chibangs.  It must have been mentioned at the first news conference from about a month ago when the concept was first announced.  https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-details-new-mardi-gras-eatery-chibang/

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

All of the places will be available for your sailing.  There are only 4 pay venues for your sailing.  Three are available as you mentioned and Teppanyaki must be sold out.  All of the other venues that are normally pay for dinner are not available to be reserved until you get on board.  There was a 24 hour or less period when Chibang was first mentioned that you could get a reserved spot.  Pig and Anchor is walk up only, no reservations.  Emeril's is walk up as well and the breakfast options there are 5 bucks

Thanks SOOO much for the info !😉I'll certainly look into making some reservations at some of those places once we're onboard.

Mac

Just now, SmoothFlying said:

Thanks SOOO much for the info !😉I'll certainly look into making some reservations at some of those places once we're onboard.

Mac

While you are waiting to get onboard and just sitting there, you can hop on the HUB app and that is where you make the reservations for Cucina or Chibang for dinner. Pig & Anchor is walkup.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

While you are waiting to get onboard and just sitting there, you can hop on the HUB app and that is where you make the reservations for Cucina or Chibang for dinner. Pig & Anchor is walkup.

Gottcha ! Thanks... !

1 hour ago, RedBeard78 said:

Room Service coffee on your balcony is required for us!

1 hour ago, Cruise Related said:

Every single damn day! It’s my most favorite thing to do on a cruise. 

OH !!  I LOVE the RS coffee !  It's NOT the coffee, I mind, it's the temperature, I sorta dislike ( and that's partly my fault). I like my coffee HOT !! (205 degrees)<-- almost boiling, 180-185, I consider almost 'ice coffee' soooo I wince and drink it when it's delivered, knowing there's no way the wait staff can do anything about it. Other than that the coffee (IMHO) is OUTSTANDING!

Mac 

• Like 1

As if there weren't enough choices before. Carnival really kills the breakfast and lunch game. I wish I got as excited about their dinner.

When I go out to eat for breakfast at home, I almost always get a omelet. On cruises, I barely ever do anymore. Between the filet mignon at seaday brunch, breakfast burrito, and all American breakfast burger, I got with stuff I generally don't have. I was pretty content with the choices before. Crazy that there will be this much more. Also crazy to me that this isn't sufficient to some people.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

As if there weren't enough choices before. Carnival really kills the breakfast and lunch game. I wish I got as excited about their dinner.

When I go out to eat for breakfast at home, I almost always get a omelet. On cruises, I barely ever do anymore. Between the filet mignon at seaday brunch, breakfast burrito, and all American breakfast burger, I got with stuff I generally don't have. I was pretty content with the choices before. Crazy that there will be this much more. Also crazy to me that this isn't sufficient to some people.

Imma gain like 50lbs on breakfast food alone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Crazy that there will be this much more. Also crazy to me that this isn't sufficient to some people.

What-t-t-t-..!??? YOU have to be kidding meee...!! Goodness !A person could eat for four straight hours a day and never repeat the same dish that morning 🙄Sooooo what do these 'chowhounds' think is missing ?? Shesssssh !

Mac

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

What-t-t-t-..!??? YOU have to be kidding meee...!! Goodness !A person could eat for four straight hours a day and never repeat the same dish that morning 🙄Sooooo what do these 'chowhounds' think is missing ?? Shesssssh !

Mac

Exactly,  I said to my family we will never be able to eat at all those places on a 7 day cruise, way to much food.  I will get FOMO LOL