Will this alter Eurodam's return to cruising?

Laminator

The CDC has listed Israel at its highest level, Level 4: https://www.timesofisrael.com/cdc-warns-against-travel-to-israel-amid-surge-in-delta-variant-cases/

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-israel

Has anyone heard if the quarantine situation (specifically for those flying into Israel) will affect cruise passengers?

Safe Travels!

On 8/7/2021 at 5:40 AM, VMax1700 said:

The Venice Cruise Terminal has updated its schedule up to October 3rd and very few cruise ships are now listed.  Certainly no mention of Eurodam    

1605552527_Screenshot2021-08-07103946.thumb.png.ff157b883d133570e4e08645e578c5c8.png

Interesting  to see some MSC cruises listed on here.  According to the MSC website all of their cruises to/from Venice are leaving from Monfalcone 90 minutes away.  They are doing check in (including health screening and antigen testing) at the Venice Maritime Pier and then bussing passengers to the port of Monfalcone and returning them them the same way at disembarkation. 

It would be nice if HAL would have some communication with us regarding this.  They are still selling tours out of Venice at the end of our cruise. 

On 8/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, Suncoastsailors said:

Greece Covid case numbers have been flat since July 16th. Number of deaths from Covid are still very low compared to previous peaks. Not sure why the advisory level was raised to red now. Lets hope the cases begin dropping soon. 

And why do infection rates even matter to the fully vaccinated? 

1 hour ago, Henery said:

And why do infection rates even matter to the fully vaccinated? 

Vaccinated can still get sick, albeit highly unlikely to be serious.  They can get sick by being around unvaccinated sick people ( or on rare occasions a vaccinated sick person).  So a vaccinated person probably does not want to hang out in very highly infected areas.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

But if everyone on the ship is vaccinated and has tested negative prior to boarding, than we are only a risk to the people whose ports we visit  only after we contract covid from a port we visited. So in short upon boarding the ship we are of no risk to anyone. Short of Norovirus and the dreaded ships cough, we are a healthy bunch of people.  What am I missing?

• Like 1

A good resource for getting everything you need "documents" for your arrival destinations are the airline websites. Use your flight confirmation numbers to access your flight info. United, Delta, and American have good travel ready sites. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Henery said:

But if everyone on the ship is vaccinated and has tested negative prior to boarding, than we are only a risk to the people whose ports we visit  only after we contract covid from a port we visited. So in short upon boarding the ship we are of no risk to anyone. Short of Norovirus and the dreaded ships cough, we are a healthy bunch of people.  What am I missing?

Oh...you're probably not really missing anything.  We will be a healthy bunch of people when we board.   Hopefully we can keep it that way.

I guess the post in question was about covid cases in Greece.  

We're going to Alaska, and I've been looking at their numbers for sure.  Assuming it's as they say, that vaccinated people can contract the virus, I don't really want to go to a hot zone and bring it back to my young family members.   I'm worried about them, not us.  We plan to quarantine ourselves for awhile when we get back home.  Just in case.  Another thing that concerns me is the "port hopping" aspect of it all.  If we contract Covid at the first stop, we could spread it on through the rest of these nice towns.  

Sadly, we vaccinated people don't get to be as carefree as we'd hoped.  We have to be careful  Disappointing for sure, but it is what it is.

Edit to add I'm in no way implying that Alaska is a hot zone.  So far I'm comfortable with what I see.

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Just read that the EU is considering closing its borders to US citizens due to rising Covid cases in the US.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/10/us-europe-travel-ban/

hopefully you won’t hit a pay wall….

I hit a pay wall but found an article by the Points Guy which does not have one & summarizes the situation - https://thepointsguy.com/news/could-the-european-union-really-ban-americans-again/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks. 👍  Hadn’t seen that.  I am surprised actually since the U.S. has now passed the covid case load which the EU had been using as a guideline for entry.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I hit a pay wall but found an article by the Points Guy which does not have one & summarizes the situation - https://thepointsguy.com/news/could-the-european-union-really-ban-americans-again/

You might try Private browsing. 😉

Edited by TiogaCruiser

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

...Eurodam is still planned to sail in 3 days time! 

Although I’d imagine losing Haifa is disappointing, it wasn’t unexpected. I think HAL did a nice job rearranging ports, the itinerary looks really good.