It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

just curious as you wait and from what you can see how many are wearing masks.? We may not be happy with this but people now have to step up and do the right thing because of this variant get the vaccine if you can  enough is enough this will keep going on if we don not make a true attempt to stop this in it tracks. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My sister and BIL are at the FLL terminal waiting to board their Villa Suite.  She just sent me this text about the nightmare there this morning. This was sent at 12:50 EDT time. They were not informed about the mandatory new testing until this morning.

"We are here in line with 2000 people. Last minute Covid test for all. We got here at 11:30 as told to do and have been in line since. They will not even start testing until 1:30. Does not matter what class you are in, there are hundreds of people in front of us. No place to sit in the sun. My back already hurts, this sucks"

She then sent another text:

"Now we are being told there are some passengers that are refusing to leave the ship. The police have been called to remove them. Nothing happening until the a*******s are removed"

What a mess, why didn't Celebrity wait a week to implement this new policy?  I am sure this will still be a problem tomorrow for people getting on the Equinox.

1 hour ago, jgmorgan said:

This may have been covered by others, if so I apologize.

We are scheduled on Millennium in August and just received an email from Celebrity that indicates only unvaccinated guests between the ages of 6 months and 16 (age 12 after August 1) will be required to present a negative test (which will be complimentary at the port).  All other guests will need to present verification of vaccination (e.g. CDC document).  Also, the email indicates that no masks will be required onboard.  Local rules will determine masking at ports.

So, for now at least, the rules for Seattle remain the same as they have been for some time.

Perhaps the requirement for Ft. Lauderdale stems from the current case levels in Florida and the inability to require passengers to be vaccinated.  I guess you can thank Governor DeSantis.

That's weird.  We are on the 9/3 sailing out of Seattle and just got an email that everyone, vaccinated or not, requires a test 72 hours before.  A big issue for us as we are flying in early and won't have a car.

And to people's comments as respects the exact timing of the test, anything can change (and often does!) of course, but people on these boards have commented that they are holding to the exact 72 hour number, as calculated at the time zone of the point of embarkation.  Someone was even denied boarding on a time zone discrepancy.  A three day requirement would be much easier to manage and much more reasonable.  As if an hour or two either way would make a difference!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My sister and BIL are at the FLL terminal waiting to board their Villa Suite.  She just sent me this text about the nightmare there this morning. This was sent at 12:50 EDT time. They were not informed about the mandatory new testing until this morning.

"We are here in line with 2000 people. Last minute Covid test for all. We got here at 11:30 as told to do and have been in line since. They will not even start testing until 1:30. Does not matter what class you are in, there are hundreds of people in front of us. No place to sit in the sun. My back already hurts, this sucks"

She then sent another text:

"Now we are being told there are some passengers that are refusing to leave the ship. The police have been called to remove them. Nothing happening until the a*******s are removed"

What a mess, why didn't Celebrity wait a week to implement this new policy?  I am sure this will still be a problem tomorrow for people getting on the Equinox.

I am so sorry. Who on earth would have refused to leave the ship, and why? Everyone was supposed to be off by 9! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Hmmmm......"what a mess......why didn't Celebrity wait a week to implement this new policy???"   Hmmmm......why didn't all those folks who tested positive for COVID onboard Edge this week wait a week to test positive???🙄

Celebrity is doing the right thing.  Is it an inconvenience?  Yes.  But is it necessary?  Yes.  

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

If my Wife or fail the test, we are headed for The Keys for the week…agree on the timing…but flights and Saturday night hotel is booked..refund will be requested for sure..

To do what?  Do you plan to quarantine there, or just go about your business and in all likelihood infect others?  It is seriously a problem.  I fly in a couple days before a Sept. cruise.  If I get tested and it's positive, what do I do then??  It would be irresponsible to get back on an airplane.  It would be equally irresponsible to play tourist for that week.  I need to do the math and see if I can fit a test in with enough time to meet the 72 hour requirement (which basically is a bunch of hogwash anyway as I could potentially  pick up the virus in the Uber, the airport, the airplane, the hotel, and the restaurants I will be visiting in those 72 hours after being tested).

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, _Rick_ said:

Still haven’t moved. 

8F30281B-1789-4B75-AA11-3EDAE3188739.jpeg

Forget the test......Celebrity has just created a super spreader event. God only know how many Covid breakthrough cases will develop on this ship over the next several days. And this is safer than bring guest inside with a 13,000 sq foot waiting area to mask up, spread out, and wait for the test ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dorh said:

Yes, Thank you. Never thought of different time zones.  We are on the east coast and our cruise is leaving from FL.  Hope this gets clarified before our Aug. 28 sailing.   

I read either on this thread or another that the test results they received from CVS only specify the date not the time that the test was done.  

I'm being tested at my local Kaiser and they do specify both the exact time the test swab was done and the time the results were posted.    My letter says : This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.    Out of an abundance of caution I scheduled mine for 4PM three days prior (PDT)  as my ship

Official definition of  embarkation - the act of passengers and crew getting aboard a ship or aircraft. boarding.   Since I have a 11:30 boarding time I guess I could get it early in the day but thought I would cover all bases.

33 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

To do what?  Do you plan to quarantine there, or just go about your business and in all likelihood infect others?  It is seriously a problem.  I fly in a couple days before a Sept. cruise.  If I get tested and it's positive, what do I do then??  It would be irresponsible to get back on an airplane.  It would be equally irresponsible to play tourist for that week.  I need to do the math and see if I can fit a test in with enough time to meet the 72 hour requirement (which basically is a bunch of hogwash anyway as I could potentially  pick up the virus in the Uber, the airport, the airplane, the hotel, and the restaurants I will be visiting in those 72 hours after being tested).

Might be better to get tested in the embarkation city.....even though as you stated, you can catch it on the plane rendering it useless....I wonder whose hatching these policies.

Logistically none of this will work, I think they will start to see an uptick in cancellations....kinda wish we went with our Amtrak idea for our vacation this year🤣

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Just got it too and we fly out tomorrow morning at 7:30am for our Sunday cruise.  So Celebrity, how in the hell are we supposed to get this accomplished????? I am beyond pissed off!!!!

Please don’t be - they call it “it is a new normal”. How normal is crazy world is?! Cruise lines actually have nothing to do with any of this nonsense - they just try to survive as any of us.

“Teacher, leave the kids alone!”

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, _Rick_ said:

Still haven’t moved. 

8F30281B-1789-4B75-AA11-3EDAE3188739.jpeg

So, in the middle of a Delta variant surge in a leading State for new infections, people are lined up maskless and with minimal social distancing. Is it any wonder that the testing requirement, however poorly implemented, was viewed by Celebrity and others as a necessity?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

After getting an email yesterday stating Covid testing is required for all passengers, I get one today stating Only unvaccinated people will need one.

CELEBRITY BOARDING REQUIREMENTS

Unvaccinated guests 6 months to 15 years old (6 months to 11 years old as of August 1, 2021) must complete a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal prior.

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.
• All guests must present proof of citizenship in the form of a passport. Guests born in the United States may present a US state-issued birth certificate and Driver’s License or government-issued photo ID.

Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.”

So now we do not need one out of Seattle??  Can’t wait for tomorrow’s email.!!

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I read either on this thread or another that the test results they received from CVS only specify the date not the time that the test was done.  

My test results from CVS had the exact time of test taken. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

My sister just reported that the passengers refusing to leave the Edge have been arrested and removed.

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

Are those the B2B passengers who were tested positive at the end of the previous cruise?

I can't wrap my head around this. If the cruise line says you're getting off, you're getting off, period. 😵

If it is the tested positives, maybe they have to go to a quarantine hotel (like Carnival did in Texas for a family off the Breeze) and they're fighting that? Or maybe they're like the positive lady on the Royal ship who was put off kicking and screaming - and vlogging the whole way. It will be interesting to hear the details.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I can't wrap my head around this. If the cruise line says you're getting off, you're getting off, period. 😵

If it is the tested positives, maybe they have to go to a quarantine hotel (like Carnival did in Texas for a family off the Breeze) and they're fighting that? Or maybe they're like the positive lady on the Royal ship who was put off kicking and screaming - and vlogging the whole way. It will be interesting to hear the details.

Not sure local police have jurisdiction on a foreign flag vessel. Be interested in their legal position. 

What I wonder is why the Equinox cruisers were notified a negative test had to be done no earlier than 48 hours and the Edge cruisers were told no earlier than 72 hours.  We’re scheduled to sail Edge in two weeks.  I can manage a test in the 72 hour timeframe but not 48.  I’m afraid they may change the time limit.

3 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

We're also sailing on the same ship next month (8/27) and also just got the email, but there is a paragraph that says this just before the one you quoted:

"All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs."

So, it would be interesting to see who has gotten the correct information!

Interesting indeed.  Mine did not have that provision.  It did note the testing requirements for entering the U.S.

Hopefully we’ll get more clarity soon.

23 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

They could be asking for re-test thinking the first result is false since they are vaccinated and feel no symptoms.  One thing leads to another, they could just be "I am staying in the room until you give me another test."

• Like 1