It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  I get it.

I’ve traveled a lot for my previous job (now retired).  Not bragging, more like reminiscing, but I was stuck away from home in KS when 9/11 grounded me…for a week (ended up finally finding a rental car available which cost me well into 5 figures).  I was at work when I suffered a heart attack in the back woods of IL, by myself.  I’ve was in San Francisco during their last big earthquake and could not leave the city (for a whole host of reasons).  

I'm glad things turned out well for you but please remind me not to cruise with you.  😉

• Like 1

Warning for those thinking of the PCR tests.    I was tested  on Monday for another reason (non-Cruise) at a Drive Through Location that is doing PCR testing.     It is now 48 hours since my test and I still have not received my results.    It was advertised as 1-2 days but  not guaranteed.   If I was planning on a cruise leaving tomorrow I would be in a panic at this time.  

Living on the  West Coast and the Travel time I booked a Rapid Test 72 hours prior to our Sept 5 cruise and now happy I have the reservation.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Warning for those thinking of the PCR tests.    I was tested  on Monday for another reason (non-Cruise) at a Drive Through Location that is doing PCR testing.     It is now 48 hours since my test and I still have not received my results.    It was advertised as 1-2 days but  not guaranteed.   If I was planning on a cruise leaving tomorrow I would be in a panic at this time.  

Living on the  West Coast and the Travel time I booked a Rapid Test 72 hours prior to our Sept 5 cruise and now happy I have the reservation.

Good Luck Jim.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I live in North Florida, the epicenter of the Delta variant in Florida. As we know, Florida has the greatest # of cases in the country. So, I live in the epicenter of the greatest # of cases in the country. That may be statistically off, but you get the idea. (So no  need for the numbers geeks to research this just to prove me wrong.)

I opted for the rapid antigen test and am praying for a negative result for my cruise on Equinox on Aug.8. There are plenty of places to get a PCR test, but not guaranteed in 48 hours/2 days. A friend who was tested said it took almost 72 hours to get her results. She was told 24-48 hours. The labs down here are slammed. I really wanted the PCR test, but too risky that I wouldn’t have my results in time.

Edited by Straughn

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I anticipate that we will need negative test results for a B2B with the first leg embarking Seattle on September 17th.  I spoke to a pharmacy tech at our local Walgreens yesterday.  They don't offer Antigent tests, and the PCR tests are sent to a lab in Tennessee.  I was told it would be a minimum of 72 hours before I could expect results.

I called another testing site yesterday, and they don't offer either PCR or Antigent tests.  The rest of the afternoon will be spent making more  phone calls.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I live in North Florida, the epicenter of the Delta variant in Florida. As we know, Florida has the greatest # of cases in the country. So, I live in the epicenter of the greatest # of cases in the country. That may be statistically off, but you get the idea. (So no  need for the numbers geeks to research this just to prove me wrong.)

I opted for the rapid antigen test and am praying for a negative result for my cruise on Equinox on Aug.8. There are plenty of places to get a PCR test, but not guaranteed in 48 hours/2 days. A friend who was tested said it took almost 72 hours to get her results. She was told 24-48 hours. The labs down here are slammed. I really wanted the PCR test, but too risky that I wouldn’t have my results in time.

Good Luck.    The place I booked is offering the Antigen for $99 and 30 minute results.    My insurance provider will be reimbursing me.

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

I anticipate that we will need negative test results for a B2B with the first leg embarking Seattle on September 17th.  I spoke to a pharmacy tech at our local Walgreens yesterday.  They don't offer Antigent tests, and the PCR tests are sent to a lab in Tennessee.  I was told it would be a minimum of 72 hours before I could expect results.

I called another testing site yesterday, and they don't offer either PCR or Antigent tests.  The rest of the afternoon will be spent making more  phone calls.

I found that if your willing to pay for it you can go to most  Urgent Care type clinics and get the rapid test.  

• Like 1

News just broke that HAL is now requiring this, so much for my suggest to change your reservation 😞  and they are also expecting passengers to do it on their own, no testing at the pier for U.S. sailings.

5 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I cannot locate anything within Healthy At Sea regarding your observation that as of 8/2 Celebrity went to negative Covid test within 3 days of embarking rather than 72 hours. Can you find it and submit it here? Thanks.

Post #458 at  the bottom has the pic of the suitcase where I saw the 3 days notation.

US Travel Requirements as of August 4, 2021

Travel requirements vary by homeport country. Be sure you’re aware of both homeport country and Celebrity Cruises vaccine and testing requirements as they may differ. We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

luggage-icon-has.svg
US Entry Requirements

All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.

Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.

13 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

Post #458 at  the bottom has the pic of the suitcase where I saw the 3 days notation.

US Travel Requirements as of August 4, 2021

Travel requirements vary by homeport country. Be sure you’re aware of both homeport country and Celebrity Cruises vaccine and testing requirements as they may differ. We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure.

luggage-icon-has.svg
US Entry Requirements

All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.

Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.

That's for the US entry requirement for foreign passengers which is separate from the cruise line requirements. 

• Like 2

I just got this email from Celebrity at 6:20. One change the testing starts with Aug 6 cruises and now has NO ending date. There is also a link that says "Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message"

This eliminates the excuse "I didn't get any email about this"

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Before we set sail, we would like to provide an additional reminder that Celebrity Cruises has established enhanced COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

As of August 6, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests 12 years of age and older, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation.  Unvaccinated children between the ages of 6 months and 11 years of age will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.  Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises
Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just got this email from Celebrity at 6:20. One change the testing starts with Aug 6 cruises and now has NO ending date. There is also a link that says Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message. This eliminates the excuse "I didn"t get any email about this"

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Before we set sail, we would like to provide an additional reminder that Celebrity Cruises has established enhanced COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

As of August 6, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests 12 years of age and older, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation.  Unvaccinated children between the ages of 6 months and 11 years of age will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.  Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

I’m pleased to see there is no end date. We booked with this understanding and would be very disappointed if it were cancelled.

We are on the Summit sailing September 25th! We now know that it is definite a negative COVID-19 test will be required! Originally the requirement was only until September 6th.

We are driving down to Florida from NY and now must locate a test location in either Vero Beach or Orlando! This is definitely not a relaxing cruise so far!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found that if your willing to pay for it you can go to most  Urgent Care type clinics and get the rapid test.  

While we throughly enjoy living in Fairbanks, Alaska there are sometimes downsides to living in a state with a very large geographical area but also small population.  The issue I am facing isn't willingness to pay for the test, which I suspect my insurance coverage will reimburse.  I wonder if I am facing limited in-state lab facilities. 

We have three urgent care facilities in our area.  One doesn't offer covid testing at all.  At another the  turnaround time is too long for comfort.  At the third I was told they can do a rapid result PCR which will work for us.  

Our local hospital covid hotline recommended another facility which does testing for folks who need CDLs and such.  Their hours are limited so I will call tomorrow.  

Next step will be to change flights, hotel, and pet boarding dates.  I am feeling the same as LJJQ!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Sigh....this is ridiculous and not going to work, do they want to deny boarding to half their passengers?

This lunacy has cdc written all over it.

12 hours ago, atexsix said:

News just broke that HAL is now requiring this, so much for my suggest to change your reservation 😞  and they are also expecting passengers to do it on their own, no testing at the pier for U.S. sailings.

HAL is also requiring masks be worn by all passengers in most public areas inside their ships, no way I would switch now, not that I ever considered doing so.

After I use up our FCC on the Oosterdam next year, we will be done with HAL for ever. This has nothing to do with masking or the pandemic, HAL does not compete with Celebrity when it comes to suite class amenities. Our future cruises will be limited to Celebrity in suites and Oceania. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I just got this email from Celebrity at 6:20. One change the testing starts with Aug 6 cruises and now has NO ending date. There is also a link that says "Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message"

This eliminates the excuse "I didn't get any email about this"

Dear Guest,

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I have received this same email 3 times. Apparently the “please click here”is time-sensitive. Because when I click to acknowledge it says the time has expired for this. Do they think the only thing we have to do is wait my our devices to receive their emails?

Found the same.  Same issue as you….I click the link to confirm having read the notice and it says it’s expired.  Not sure what happens if they don’t have my acknowledgement of having read the notice.

14 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Please let us know if you find a rapid antigen test in Seattle.  We are flying in early before our cruise and will need to be tested there within 3 days of sailing.  Sept 24 sailing.

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Please let us know if you find a rapid antigen test in Seattle.  We are flying in early before our cruise and will need to be tested there within 3 days of sailing.  Sept 24 sailing.

I live in Atlanta...soo... with that in mind.. I noticed on King county website...that they do not do rapid testing but they indicated that port of Seattle does..here is a link..you might check and see if you can get one done at the airport.  https://www.portseattle.org/page/travel-and-covid-19-testing  You might be able to make an appointment... also...check with your airline...maybe they can help get you an appointment at the airport when you arrive

9 minutes ago, kearney said:

I live in Atlanta...soo... with that in mind.. I noticed on King county website...that they do not do rapid testing but they indicated that port of Seattle does..here is a link..you might check and see if you can get one done at the airport.  https://www.portseattle.org/page/travel-and-covid-19-testing  You might be able to make an appointment... also...check with your airline...maybe they can help get you an appointment at the airport when you arrive

And if we test positive pre-cruise after getting to Seattle- then what?  

• Like 1