Seattle Covid testing sites - required for boarding

Cruising Celebrity in early September and they just announced everyone requires a negative test prior to boarding - vaccinated or not.  Needs to be 72 hours prior and since we are flying in a couple days early looking at options in downtown.  They accept PCR or Antigen test, but I don't think a PCR result could be guaranteed in time.  We will not have a car so drive-up sites are out anyway (such as Walgreens or CVS).  This is really stressing me out - does anyone have any suggestions?  

• Like 1

Could you go to the drive up site in a taxi or Uber/Lyft? Test at SEA? Change your arrival to Seattle so that you can test at home?

Our cruise falls after Celebrity’s 9/6 end date for testing but we will test regardless. Our cruise departs on the 10th with a noon checkin time so I think we will be ok getting a rapid result test after 3pm our time on the 7th? 

Defiinitly you can be tested at SEA, but pricy!!

I found this via Google but haven't investigated the details-

https://discoveryhealthmd.com/offer/seatac-doubletree/

This is not the only location- Go to the FAQ- there is a site in the Capitol Hill area.

Hope you can work out being tested with your Seattle time and cruise!

Edited by TMLAalum

21 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

This is a surprise.  Did you receive a message from Celebrity informing you of this?  Would you be willing to share the actual notification with us?  Thanks!

Hi, check out the X forum......all kinds of information about it.  There was a BIG thing in Port Everglades yesterday for those sailing on The Edge😲

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:22 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Cruising Celebrity in early September and they just announced everyone requires a negative test prior to boarding - vaccinated or not.  Needs to be 72 hours prior and since we are flying in a couple days early looking at options in downtown.  They accept PCR or Antigen test, but I don't think a PCR result could be guaranteed in time.  We will not have a car so drive-up sites are out anyway (such as Walgreens or CVS).  This is really stressing me out - does anyone have any suggestions?  

We are in the same boat (pun intended). Royal says 3 days - not 72 hours which might help.  I called Royal and we can be tested on Tuesday for a Friday sailing which means we can test at home before flying to Seattle. Not sure if that helps you. My other thought was to get a taxi or Uber, or see if my transport driver from the airport to Seattle would do the drive through at CVS or Walgreen's on the day we arrived in Seattle. 

• Like 1

The solution is to pay for an Uber or taxi to do drive through testing. Worksite Labs has an operation at near the airport...you could do it on your way in from the airport to your hotel. They have different testing programs...12 and 24 hour results. We have done their standard testing program, and always got results within 12 or 14 hours.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, CruiserBruce said:

The solution is to pay for an Uber or taxi to do drive through testing. Worksite Labs has an operation at near the airport...you could do it on your way in from the airport to your hotel. They have different testing programs...12 and 24 hour results. We have done their standard testing program, and always got results within 12 or 14 hours.

Thank you.  Their website says test results by 36 hours.

was the Walgreens test a PCR test or an antigen test or the Rapid ID NOW test? The walgreens closest to me does not offer a rapid antigen test. Having difficulty finding one. Thanks

Did you need an appointment for Walgreens or did you just drive up? Which test was it? I am seeing that Walgreens offers 3 tests: ID NOW antigen test, PCR and rapid antigen. What area of the country are you in?

Thanks!

Hi all, I too am looking for a site in Seattle that does walk up rapid result antigen tests...   to clarify:  I mean make an appointment ahead of time, but be able to walk in, not drive thru.   DH & I will test at home before our flight, but I want to have a back up plan in case we do not get results in time.  Thank you for any links/phone numbers of sites... I've done quite a bit of online research & can't seem to find anything ...

@cruisekitty

This link I posted previously:

It is at the Doubletree hotel, not at the airport and does take walk-ins! Please check out th FAQ section. Appointments are critical.  I didn't investigate further, but there may even be a discount if you are a hotel guest!

Edited by TMLAalum

On 8/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, lmuit said:

was the Walgreens test a PCR test or an antigen test or the Rapid ID NOW test?

On 8/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, loohoo1 said:

Did you need an appointment for Walgreens or did you just drive up? Which test was it? I am seeing that Walgreens offers 3 tests: ID NOW antigen test, PCR and rapid antigen. What area of the country are you in?

This was an antigen test. She needed an appointment, and the schedule was pretty crowded so best to book in advance. They test at the drive-thru window. This thread is about Seattle; that's where I am.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, cruise kitty said:

Hi all, I too am looking for a site in Seattle that does walk up rapid result antigen tests...   to clarify:  I mean make an appointment ahead of time, but be able to walk in, not drive thru.   DH & I will test at home before our flight, but I want to have a back up plan in case we do not get results in time.  Thank you for any links/phone numbers of sites... I've done quite a bit of online research & can't seem to find anything ...

Here's a walk-in site I found through the City of Seattle website: https://www.solvhealth.com/book-online/g5y8Wg   This one is not downtown (where the ships are) but the UW light rail station is right at the testing site. So it might take some time, but it's an option. Results are supposed to be quick. 

There's also walk-up testing at Harborview, near downtown, https://www.uwmedicine.org/locations/covid-19-testing-harborview 

Note that both of these links indicate they prioritize testing for people with symptoms. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, FauxNom said:

This was an antigen test. She needed an appointment, and the schedule was pretty crowded so best to book in advance. They test at the drive-thru window. This thread is about Seattle; that's where I am.

Here's a walk-in site I found through the City of Seattle website: https://www.solvhealth.com/book-online/g5y8Wg   This one is not downtown (where the ships are) but the UW light rail station is right at the testing site. So it might take some time, but it's an option. Results are supposed to be quick. 

There's also walk-up testing at Harborview, near downtown, https://www.uwmedicine.org/locations/covid-19-testing-harborview 

Note that both of these links indicate they prioritize testing for people with symptoms. 

Good luck!

We got our test done yesterday at Harborview.  It was a PCR test.  We got our results within 12 hours.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Found another testing site: XpresCheck is at SeaTac in baggage claim. No up front cost. Rapid PCR $250. Results hand-delivered within 30 - 60 minutes. 

https://www.portseattle.org/page/travel-and-covid-19-testing

Be careful when booking an appt. It says all times in mountain time but that’s note true. I spoke to an agent. The time you book is local. 

I know the website says “ticketed” but I SPOKE to a rep and asked. I explained that I was flying INto SeaTac from SoCal. She said it didn’t matter, you don’t need a ticket, testing site is in baggage claim, and anyone could go. It didn’t ask for flights when you booked an appt. 

On 8/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, TMLAalum said:

@cruisekitty

This link I posted previously:

It is at the Doubletree hotel, not at the airport and does take walk-ins! Please check out th FAQ section. Appointments are critical.  I didn't investigate further, but there may even be a discount if you are a hotel guest!

Thanks for posting this link.  Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I've just got to ask. If you fly in and test positive in Seattle, what do you plan to do? 

Hopefully I can get a test pre-flight. 🤞 But if I test post-flight (in Seattle), I’m not sure.

I guess my first call would be to my TA. I would get a second test to see if the first was a false positive. I’m guessing my TA would call the hotel front desk (I’m assuming I would be checked in and waiting for results) to see if I could stay for 14 days quarantine. (I hope insurance will pick up the cost. 😨) Not sure what else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Hopefully I can get a test pre-flight. 🤞 But if I test post-flight (in Seattle), I’m not sure.

I guess my first call would be to my TA. I would get a second test to see if the first was a false positive. I’m guessing my TA would call the hotel front desk (I’m assuming I would be checked in and waiting for results) to see if I could stay for 14 days quarantine. (I hope insurance will pick up the cost. 😨) Not sure what else. 

I'm wishing you the very best on this and hoping your test comes back negative. I'm too much of a worrier to fly to Seattle without a negative test in hand. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, TSC said:

We are in the same boat (pun intended). Royal says 3 days - not 72 hours which might help.  I called Royal and we can be tested on Tuesday for a Friday sailing which means we can test at home before flying to Seattle. Not sure if that helps you. My other thought was to get a taxi or Uber, or see if my transport driver from the airport to Seattle would do the drive through at CVS or Walgreen's on the day we arrived in Seattle.