Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey Jimbo - What means of communication does Carnival now use, in their app centric world, to notify guests of Diamond events? Does that still generate a physical invite in your cabin?

On the Horizon recently, my invite for the platinum/diamond party was in my cabin via the little card dealie. Also, no more unlimited drinks and snacks. You get a glass of wine free when entering and a “coupon” for a drink at any bar afterwards. 

30 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey Jimbo - What means of communication does Carnival now use, in their app centric world, to notify guests of Diamond events? Does that still generate a physical invite in your cabin?

Yes. Both paper and hub (at least that is what we experienced on Horizon

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Loving the almost empty lounge chairs and pool…on a sea day no less.  If there was an affordable concept for such when life gets back to normal.  No way I’d go on the Mardi Gras at full capacity (even their scaled down Havana).  But the dining options blow my mind.

I asked GS and they said there was 3800 people.  Might explain some of the not crowded aspect.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

On the Horizon recently, my invite for the platinum/diamond party was in my cabin via the little card dealie. Also, no more unlimited drinks and snacks. You get a glass of wine free when entering and a “coupon” for a drink at any bar afterwards. 

We were offered multiple drinks, agree on the food

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@jimbo5544...great pics, thanks for sharing.

Serenity Area looks really nice.....a pool.  Always enjoyed the Fresh Creations salad area!

What capacity would you say the ship is sailing at?  

Really enjoying this live review....it's been a long overdue!

I asked at GS they said 3800 might explain some of the emptiness feel.  

36 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Love to hear your thoughts on PS when you feel ready.  

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

We were offered multiple drinks, agree on the food

So weird lol. Things are so different one week then changes the next. Oh wait, you’re talking Horizon right? Cause I was talking about the plat/diamond thing on Mardi Gras. Sorry, my original response to Tom was confusing, I shoulda threw in on Mardi Gras instead of just relating my experience on the Horizon and throwing that aspect in there without context. If only editing was a thing after 15min. 

Edited by Cruise Related
Clarification
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

It was the same thing on the inaugural last week on the Mardi Gras.  Saw a video by Paradeejay and they got a glass of white wine and a sail n sign credit to cover 1 drink.  Wonder if I would lose my credit since I bought Cheers?

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

It was the same thing on the inaugural last week on the Mardi Gras.  Saw a video by Paradeejay and they got a glass of white wine and a sail n sign credit to cover 1 drink.  Wonder if I would lose my credit since I bought Cheers?

Hmm, not sure. Never even used the ones you’re supposed to use at brunch. I had assumed cheers invalidates that kinda stuff so never bothered. 

3 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Hmm, not sure. Never even used the ones you’re supposed to use at brunch. I had assumed cheers invalidates that kinda stuff so never bothered. 

I never used the paper ones except for the first time we had Cheers back in 2013 when the coffees were not included and we used them at sea day brunch and got cappuccinos.  It's a credit now on your sail n sign for X amount of money to reimburse you for a drink.  Don't see how they can tie it into a drink purchase specifically, so hopefully it'll go towards covering drink taxes while still in port on embarkation day.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

I never used the paper ones except for the first time we had Cheers back in 2013 when the coffees were not included and we used them at sea day brunch and got cappuccinos.  It's a credit now on your sail n sign for X amount of money to reimburse you for a drink.  Don't see how they can tie it into a drink purchase specifically, so hopefully it'll go towards covering drink taxes while still in port on embarkation day.

Oh nice! Didn’t know that’s how it works. Good to know! Prolly been inadvertently using it this entire time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

American hero’s

CE47D874-5796-498C-AAA8-EC50E049F29E.jpeg

0FAD3B4E-D969-4FC6-8581-6FAEC89E725D.jpeg

9487B7B9-C622-44B7-AA4D-A6C491E87E0B.jpeg

6AB6BACF-70B4-445C-B645-F0F2D66F3B5B.jpeg

Loved this place on the Panorama nice to see the expanded concept on the Mardi Gras and hopefully on the Celebration next year when i board.

19 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I wish that was 2 coupons. For any time any day.