Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

10 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Hearing some ships are only approving certain taxis/excursions out of port and only ship sponsored beach excursions to Mahahual.   What was your experience?

We did not get off the ship.  I have heard nothing like what you say EXCEPT excursions for unvaxed which must be bubble excursions.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I think we need to try Chibang for lunch on a sea day rather than for dinner this week.

I would try to do both, but if I was only going to do one, it would be dinner.  The lunch options are primarily the stir fry bowls similar to Mongolian Wok/Jiji's and Cucina.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I would try to do both, but if I was only going to do one, it would be dinner.  The lunch options are primarily the stir fry bowls similar to Mongolian Wok/Jiji's and Cucina.

Agreed. I won't be allocating my lunch calories there. Just tackled my second Shaq's chicken sandwich today. Now I SHOULD hit a rowing machine or something to build my appetite back for Rudi's at 5:30 (but a midday nap in a chilly room will win out)! 😁

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Agreed. I won't be allocating my lunch calories there. Just tackled my second Shaq's chicken sandwich today. Now I SHOULD hit a rowing machine or something to build my appetite back for Rudi's at 5:30 (but a midday nap in a chilly room will win out)! 😁

I already Shaq's on my horizon for embarkation day lunch.  The Shaq Attack grilled with one of the honey coated chicken breakfast biscuits will check off the boxes nicely.  So Tom, have you chilled in your hot tub at night with the in wall fireplace lit?

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I already Shaq's on my horizon for embarkation day lunch.  The Shaq Attack grilled with one of the honey coated chicken breakfast biscuits will check off the boxes nicely.  So Tom, have you chilled in your hot tub at night with the in wall fireplace lit?

Shaq impressed us

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Do you happen to remember what videos showed these balconies? I’m booked on one in February and would love an idea of what the view is like.

Here is one.  I think the higher decks would be best.  It seems to be a nice sweeping view.  There aren't many available so booking early is a must.  I didn't know this ahead of time, but the bed and closet area alternate like the balconies.  The sofa is always by the balcony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

We've sat out and enjoyed the balcony each evening - with the "fireplace". I tried to embed a video previously, but it was likely too large a file (didn't work). So, I'll just place a link HERE.

We will usually go out there after coming back to the cabin in the evening (this ship causes us to stay up too late, lol). We've even fallen asleep in the daybed two nights enjoying the stars and breeze -- ahhhh !!

Tom

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Here is one.  I think the higher decks would be best.  It seems to be a nice sweeping view.  There aren't many available so booking early is a must.  I didn't know this ahead of time, but the bed and closet area alternate like the balconies.  The sofa is always by the balcony. 

Thank you so much! I have 10469 booked for February. Mine is just a balcony room instead of a suite so I wonder if the layout is any different?

I’m not really a fan of the room layout but I like the balcony.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We've sat out and enjoyed the balcony each evening - with the "fireplace". I tried to embed a video previously, but it was likely too large a file (didn't work). So, I'll just place a link HERE.

We will usually go out there after coming back to the cabin in the evening (this ship causes us to stay up too late, lol). We've even fallen asleep in the daybed two nights enjoying the stars and breeze -- ahhhh !!

Tom

Does the fireplace actually emit warmth or is it just for ambience? 

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Nice!!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Do you know how many omelet stations they have and where they are?

I do not know but will try and look.  There are many places for breakfast including Cucina and MDR sit down,  smokehouse, Shaq, Lido, Blue Iguana, Guys and more.  

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do not know but will try and look.  There are many places for breakfast including Cucina and MDR sit down,  smokehouse, Shaq, Lido, Blue Iguana, Guys and more.  

Thanks, we do omelets a lot (also enjoy Blue Iguana and Seaday brunch)! We will be trying out the new breakfast places (Shaq and Guys). Is Cucina the same menu as MDR and smokehouse  a smaller version of Lido?

1 hour ago, cruises42 said:

Do you know how many omelet stations they have and where they are?

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Shaq's, Java Blue and Guy 's are sandwiches, except for the 3 cheese pre-made omelette at Shaq's.  Blue Iguana is burritos and smokehouse is mini buffet.  Omelette stations should be at Cucina and multiple locations at buffet, just need Jimbo to verify.

• Like 2

Hey Jimbo, have you noticed the power going off? It's happened at least three times usually a couple minutes during each event before it resets. Twice in the middle of the night it occurred, and that will wake you up especially when the light comes on in the room as a result of the outage.

It also resets your AC settings to middle of the road, as opposed to icebox, like is generally preferred.

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Shaq's, Java Blue and Guy 's are sandwiches, except for the 3 cheese pre-made omelette at Shaq's.  Blue Iguana is burritos and smokehouse is mini buffet.  Omelette stations should be at Cucina and multiple locations at buffet, just need Jimbo to verify.

I will look today

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey Jimbo, have you noticed the power going off? It's happened at least three times usually a couple minutes during each event before it resets. Twice in the middle of the night it occurred, and that will wake you up especially when the light comes on in the room as a result of the outage.

It also resets your AC settings to middle of the road, as opposed to icebox, like is generally preferred.

Yes!!  The first time thought it was just our cabin.  It does reset the AC.  Thought it was my wife, she had said I set it too cold. Last night it was after we had just gone to bed.  That cannot be a good thing…..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was there this am. They start with the furthest aft section of the Marketplace to direct traffic back to two omelet stations next to each other and to the rest of the breakfast grub at two identical service islands and then when those start getting overrun they open an identical service area closer to midship which I assume has two more omelet stations (they were setting up as we left but hadn’t opened the shades yet so I can only assume everything is exactly the same as that seems to be the point and the MO).

Edited by KmomChicago

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes!!  The first time thought it was just our cabin.  It does reset the AC.  Thought it was my wife, she had said I set it too cold. Last night it was after we had just gone to bed.  That cannot be a good thing…..

Yep, right about midnight last night.