New Health Attestation/Ticket Contract

3 hours ago, jjs217 said:

CCL owns Seabourn.

True but, just like NCL rules are different than Regent, CCL rules are different than Seabourn.   Only when the holding company sets rules are those rules common to all of the cruise lines under the holding company.

Testing at pier with antigen test doesn't do anything except bar a few folks that show up positive at that time.  You could be negative but actually be positive an hour later.  What they need to do is conduct quantitative antibody tests to see how well everyone is protected from potentially catching a serious case of the virus.  If they would conduct this test, there would be no need for proof of vaccination as high antibodies could be from vaccination or past infection both of which could be just as effective.  I don't mind showing proof of vaccination however don't make me take an antigen or PCR test at the pier; either you trust the card or you don't.  

• Like 5

What are our chances of testing Negative at the pier prior to boarding ?

I need to go to my local US airport via car service from home.

Then I board a plane in my city to Atlanta

Then I get on another plane to fly to Heathrow.

Then I take a car service to a hotel  in the UK for one night

Then I take a car service to the port in Southhampton

I had to have a negative Covid test prior to leaving my hometown in order to board the plane to the UK.

After all the travel I had to do will I test Negative and be allowed to board or will I be stranded in

Southampton?  YIKES

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

I had to have a negative Covid test prior to leaving my hometown in order to board the plane to the UK.

After all the travel I had to do will I test Negative and be allowed to board or will I be stranded in

Southampton?  YIKES

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

My next five cruises leave from: Galveston, Miami, NYC (Grand Voyage), Vancouver, and Miami (World Cruise).  I am not taking a chance on being stranded overseas with a real or false positive test result at the pier.

Edited by mrlevin

35 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

My next five cruises leave from: Galveston, Miami, NYC (Grand Voyage), Vancouver, and Miami (World Cruise).  I am not taking a chance on being stranded overseas with a real or false positive test result at the pier.

Agree 100% - I have all local departures except for segments of WC which I think they will re-route or cancel.

So I'm a bit confused.  I have read the ticket contract and I'm finding conflicting info. 

In section 1. Introduction, It says "in the event of any conflict between the COVID-19 policies, procedures and conditions set forth in Clause 5 or elsewhere herein, and as those policies, procedures and conditions are set forth at www.rssc.com/HealthSafety protocols, the website controls."  Looking at the aforementioned link, it basically says that if you have followed the safety protocols and are denied boarding due to a positive COVID-19 test at embarkation, Regent will coordinate and cover costs for travel arrangements, for you and those travelling with you if they are also denied boarding. If guests, members of their parties and others traveling with them, are denied boarding due to a positive COVID-19 test within 2 weeks of their sail date, they will be entitled to either a refund or a Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”) for the amount paid. Guests who test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise and are required to quarantine will receive a pro-rated cash refund or a pro-rated Future Cruise Credit. If a guest followed all of our health and safety protocols, the cruise line will coordinate and cover the cost of necessary onboard COVID-19 related medical treatment, required land-based quarantine and travel arrangements to get the guest and those travelling in the same suite safely back to their home.

So according to the contract, the website takes precedence, I think (the words they use are a bit mangled).  The website says they will take care of you as long as you have followed the rules.  Of course, they could change the website at any time  but it sounds like they want to do the right thing, I think.

Comments?

Thanks,

John

On 8/4/2021 at 9:01 PM, flossie009 said:

Interesting that NCL's FAQs indicate that the company will cover the costs of travel arrangements etc even though the NCL Contract has almost identical clauses to the Regent Contract stating that the company will not be liable i.e. NCL appears to be offering to provide more assistance for their guests than their contractual liability.

2 hours ago, Johnthesailor said:

The website says they will take care of you as long as you have followed the rules.  Of course, they could change the website at any time  but it sounds like they want to do the right thing, I think.

It appears that Regent have updated their SailSafe protocols to offer more assistance to their guests if covid test issues occur; aligning with what had been offered previously by others, including the sister brand NCL.

Well done, Regent 🙂

On 8/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, mrstanley said:

Southampton?  YIKES

And that's exactly why I will not book a cruise or travel anywhere where my fate is dependent on a covid test. We all have different tolerance to uncertainty, I guess mine is very low. Time to travel domestic in the USA, many beautiful places to get to know

It is glaringly obvious Regent has lawyered up and those of us with future cruise credits are at high risk of losing our money. We have been cancelled twice and because we were paid in full we could not get a cash refund. Now we are 2 years older and my husband will be 85 when we are scheduled to cruise early 2022.  Plus no one knows about booster shot requirements now that most of us have reached our 6 months since fully vaccinated. What a mess and I have a feeling Regent will wind up with all our money and we will have no cruise. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aubie59 said:

It is glaringly obvious Regent has lawyered up and those of us with future cruise credits are at high risk of losing our money. We have been cancelled twice and because we were paid in full we could not get a cash refund. Now we are 2 years older and my husband will be 85 when we are scheduled to cruise early 2022.  Plus no one knows about booster shot requirements now that most of us have reached our 6 months since fully vaccinated. What a mess and I have a feeling Regent will wind up with all our money and we will have no cruise. 

I fear you may be right.  I had my TA contact Regent regarding the new T&C's and the fact that they changed them well after we had booked our cruise for next year. Regent informed her that we could cancel if we don't like them, but they'll still charge us the penalty...despite the fact that THEY were the ones who changed the contract terms.  I'm not at all happy with how Regent has handled this (especially sneaking the new T&C's in without any prior notice). I hope you get to take your cruise or get your money back...it's all just such a mess.

26 minutes ago, TahoeTraveler said:

I fear you may be right.  I had my TA contact Regent regarding the new T&C's and the fact that they changed them well after we had booked our cruise for next year. Regent informed her that we could cancel if we don't like them, but they'll still charge us the penalty...despite the fact that THEY were the ones who changed the contract terms.  I'm not at all happy with how Regent has handled this (especially sneaking the new T&C's in without any prior notice). I hope you get to take your cruise or get your money back...it's all just such a mess.

Unfortunately most if not all cruise lines including Regent write their terms and conditions as unilateral not requiring your agreement and without any time limit on changes.  You are stuck with whatever changes they choose with no prior notice and no ability to disagree.  You agree to all of this by booking your cruise and giving them money.  This is unfortunately from a cruisers point of view but, the facts.

You may not even have to test positive. I’m on a cruise in Iceland currently. We just learned that the Icelandic policy is that if a passenger on a shore excursion bus tests positive (the line I am on tests every pax every day) then everyone on the bus is deemed to have come in contact with the positive passenger and is subject to quarantine. We had 27 pax disembarked yesterday—all on the same bus. I don’t think any of them tested positive. 

1 hour ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

You may not even have to test positive. I’m on a cruise in Iceland currently. We just learned that the Icelandic policy is that if a passenger on a shore excursion bus tests positive (the line I am on tests every pax every day) then everyone on the bus is deemed to have come in contact with the positive passenger and is subject to quarantine. We had 27 pax disembarked yesterday—all on the same bus. I don’t think any of them tested positive. 

Jim, are you on Viking or Crystal?  Sure sounds like a not very fun game of Icelandic Roulette.

50 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Jim, are you on Viking or Crystal?  Sure sounds like a not very fun game of Icelandic Roulette.

Viking Jupiter. Yep, a lot like that. We are trying to better our odds by minimizing bus exposure until we get off next Tuesday. This is an Icelandic policy not Viking but since Viking requires tests every day we feel like we are more exposed than perhaps passengers on other lines. 

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

Criteria for Ship Color Status – For Ships in US Waters

The following table lists cruise ships operating or planning to operate in U.S. waters.

Ship color status is determined using surveillance data from the previous 7 days—regardless of voyage dates— and CDC investigation findings.

The following persons are not included when determining a ship’s color status:

• Passengers who test positive for COVID-19 on the day of embarkation who do not board the ship, or
  • Newly embarking crew members who test positive during their embarkation quarantine period.

Cruise Ship Color Status

This table is updated several times a week, as needed. Last updated August 13, 2021 with EDC data submitted August 12, 2021.

Cruise lines that have ships operating or planning to operate in U.S. waters during the period of the No Sail Order extension
Company Cruise Line Ship Name Current Voyage Type Ship Status CDC Actions for Ships Reporting COVID-19 Cases
American Queen Steamboat Company American Queen Steamboat Company American Countess Restricted Green N/A
American Queen Steamboat Company American Queen Steamboat Company American Empress Restricted Green N/A
American Queen Steamboat Company American Queen Steamboat Company American Queen Restricted Green N/A
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Classica Restricted Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Breeze Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Conquest Crew Only (approved for restricted) Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Dream Crew Only (approved for restricted) Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Ecstasy Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Elation Crew Only (approved for restricted) Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Freedom Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Glory Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Horizon Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Liberty Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Magic Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Mardi Gras Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Miracle Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Panorama Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Pride Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Sensation Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Sunrise Crew Only (approved for restricted) Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. Carnival Vista Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Koningsdam Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Nieuw Statendam Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Noordam Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Westerdam Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Holland America Line Zuiderdam Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Caribbean Princess Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Coral Princess Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Crown Princess Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Emerald Princess Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Grand Princess Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Majestic Princess Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Royal Princess Crew Only Green N/A
Carnival Corporation Princess Cruises Ruby Princess Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Walt Disney Company Disney Cruise Line Disney Dream Restricted Green N/A
Walt Disney Company Disney Cruise Line Disney Fantasy Crew Only (approved for simulated) Green N/A
Walt Disney Company Disney Cruise Line Disney Wonder Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
MSC Cruise Management (UK) Limited MSC Cruises MSC Divina Crew Only (approved for simulated) Green N/A
MSC Cruise Management (UK) Limited MSC Cruises MSC Meraviglia Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Encore Restricted Orange CDC is monitoring.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Gem Crew Only (approved for restricted) Green N/A
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Jewel Crew Only Orange CDC is monitoring.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Sun Crew Only Green N/A
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Norwegian Cruise Line Pride of America Crew Only Green N/A
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Oceania Insignia Crew Only Green N/A
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Oceania Regatta Crew Only Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Edge Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Equinox Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Millennium Restricted Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Reflection Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Summit Restricted Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Allure of the Seas Simulated Orange CDC is monitoring.
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Brilliance of the Seas Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Explorer of the Seas Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Freedom of the Seas Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Grandeur of the Seas Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Independence of the Seas Simulated Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Mariner of the Seas Simulated Orange CDC is monitoring.
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Oasis of the Seas Simulated Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Odyssey of the Seas Simulated Orange CDC is monitoring.
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Ovation of the Seas Crew Only (approved for simulated) Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of the Seas Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Serenade of the Seas Restricted Yellow CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation.
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Symphony of the Seas Restricted Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Royal Caribbean International Vision of the Seas Crew Only Green N/A
Royal Caribbean Group Silversea Cruises LTD Silver Muse Restricted Green N/A

Back to Top of Table

• Green status means the ship has no reports of cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19-like illness.
  • Orange status means the ship has reported cases of COVID-19 but is below the threshold for CDC investigation.
  • Yellow status means the ship has met the threshold for CDC investigation, which includes one of the following criteria:
    • at or above the investigation threshold for crew COVID-19 cases,
    • at or above the investigation threshold for passenger COVID-19 cases; or
    • state or local health department notified CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation.
  • Red status means the ship is at or above the threshold for passenger and crew COVID-19 cases. Based on CDC’s investigation, additional public health precautions, such as returning to port immediately or delaying the next voyage, will be taken to help ensure the health and safety of onboard travelers or newly arriving travelers.
  • Gray status means CDC has not reviewed or confirmed the cruise ship operator’s health and safety protocols. This status only applies to cruise ships arriving in, located within, or departing from a port in Florida that chose to not follow the CSO on a voluntary basis.

CDC will follow up with cruise ships when an investigation is required as ships begin to sail with passengers on simulated or restricted voyages under the CSO. For more details about the thresholds for investigation or red status, see Technical Instructions for Mitigation of COVID-19 Among Cruise Ship Crew.

17 hours ago, Aubie59 said:

We have been cancelled twice and because we were paid in full we could not get a cash refund.

If Regent cancelled then they would have offered you either a full refund or FCC.

If you opted for FCC on the first cancellation and used it to book the second cruise then it would remain as FCC.

8 minutes ago, Onkel_Ken said:

The following table lists cruise ships operating or planning to operate in U.S. waters.

A very positive sign that no ships have so far moved to red status.

It seems that the cruise line protocols are working well, and that their actions are satisfying the CDC surveillance.

Does the CDC publish similar tables for airlines, hotels, resorts etc?

• Like 1

Jimmcdaniel:

Does Viking have any idea where or how the passenger on the tour bus got Covid?

So all those passengers that were on THAT bus are in quarantine even thought they

tested negative? CRAZY

I'm beginning to thing that these tests are not accurate. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, mrlevin said:

Testing at pier with antigen test doesn't do anything except bar a few folks that show up positive at that time.  You could be negative but actually be positive an hour later.  What they need to do is conduct quantitative antibody tests to see how well everyone is protected from potentially catching a serious case of the virus.  If they would conduct this test, there would be no need for proof of vaccination as high antibodies could be from vaccination or past infection both of which could be just as effective.  I don't mind showing proof of vaccination however don't make me take an antigen or PCR test at the pier; either you trust the card or you don't.  

I agree that a widely-available, easy to use antibody test would be great.  Perhaps it's the wave of the future, but I don't believe it's widely in use right now, is it?  I had a non-quantitative antibody test back in May.  It was a blood spot test, had to lance my finger like testing for blood sugar I guess.  Then provide a number of blots.  No quantitative results, just a "yes", you have antibodies.  But this was not a commercial test; I'm part of a longitudinal health study here in Ontario.

But it's also true that even if you have antibodies, you can still carry the virus around and infect others.  The way it was explained recently is that if a vaccinated person, with antibodies, is exposed, the virus can sit in the nasal passages for several days, before likely just dying off.  So I think some kind of multi-pronged approach is required.