The vaccination olympics

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

UK reports just on 50,000 new cases and 45 deaths this past 24 hrs. Will we be the same when the restrictions are relaxed? Hope not.

I would be interested in knowing how many are unvaccinated. 

NSW are 1 week into our opening up, and case numbers are going down

37 minutes ago, stki said:

I would be interested in knowing how many are unvaccinated. 

NSW are 1 week into our opening up, and case numbers are going down

Give it a couple of weeks, people are still hesitant in going out. I went to my golf club yesterday (Club Catalina) for lunch, there were about 10 people in the 150 seat bistro, 3 people in the big gaming room and that was about it.

As for the Brits, they have their heads stuck in the sand, I think the UK Government has given up. I watch a few restaurant reviews on you tube, 'Rate my Takeway', 'The McMaster' etc, hardly a mask in sight in the venues and on the street and they are vlogs almost live.   I don't think UK Govt is releasing how many unvaccinated are in the case totals.  In the north of England, the covid case rate is just on 1 in 100 getting it, i.e. Manchester.

I have relos in England, Half Sister, 5 Aunts and many cousins, most don't want to discuss Covid, they believe it is over !! Wrong !!!!

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Great work Canberra.

99% one dose. 80% Double dosed. And thats over the age of 12!

WOW, 99% - that's an incredible number. I will have to be much nicer on what I say about ACT in future 🙂 I guess there are no Byron Bays, Nimbins or Murwillumbahs et al in ACT.

When the governments/health authorities began the vaccinations I imagine they we hoping for maybe 75% double dose for 18+. Now it seems maybe 95% of total population is realistic??

A sad thing though is that all the negativity generated by the media (mass & social) and some hysterical and/or opportunistic pollies & some attention seeking 'experts' has caused the loss of a good business for CSL manufacturing AZ locally, employing Australians & keeping the money in Australia.

Anyway, moving ahead 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

WOW, 99% - that's an incredible number. I will have to be much nicer on what I say about ACT in future 🙂  

Lol the main problem we have in Canberra are those idiot buffoons you guys everywhere else elected that keep coming here and stuffing up the country.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

WOW, 99% - that's an incredible number. I will have to be much nicer on what I say about ACT in future 🙂 I guess there are no Byron Bays, Nimbins or Murwillumbahs et al in ACT.

When the governments/health authorities began the vaccinations I imagine they we hoping for maybe 75% double dose for 18+. Now it seems maybe 95% of total population is realistic??

A sad thing though is that all the negativity generated by the media (mass & social) and some hysterical and/or opportunistic pollies & some attention seeking 'experts' has caused the loss of a good business for CSL manufacturing AZ locally, employing Australians & keeping the money in Australia.

Anyway, moving ahead 🙂 

As of yesterday there were 46 LGAs in NSW who had reached 95% first doses, and 6 who had reached 90+% second doses.

Quite a few of those 46 LGAs are regional ones.

• Like 2