Vaccine Card Question for those who have cruised since it was required

freewilly

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I live in Florida - something tells me "the rules are different here" (mid-80's Florida marketing slogan... how true)!!

Tom

There is nothing in Florida law that prohibits a person from requesting personal vaccination information, providing personal information to a third party or granting permission to a third party to access health information.

14 hours ago, freewilly said:

Carnivals website instructions for vaccinated cruisers request you provide contact info from your vaccination site. I like millions of others went thru a drive thru set up by the local health dept at a major venue here. I am wondering if this will be an issue.  

Where did you see this on the website? Was it part of the check in process?

Just an update on my request for my covid vaccination information.  I emailed my state's contact and received an email response with an attached document that I needed to complete.  I emailed that back and received an email with a link to an encrypted document.  When I opened the document, it was a pdf from my state with all of my vaccinations listed, including my covid doses.  I saved that to my computer and will also print a copy.  This entire process was completed within days.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

I live in Virginia... what is that site?

Try this link: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/

They didn't have my husband's so I put in a request to find. They also put his middle name for his first name on the card but he didn't notice in time (and I did check using both names for him). 

• Like 2

Just now, jjdmom8 said:

I thought that we only needed the card given when we got the vaccine? Has that changed? We sail week from Saturday.. 

Yes, that is all you "need".  However, having additional data that is not presented on the card is not a bad idea.  Especially for those that didn't examine their cards to catch any errors or omissions when issued.

58 minutes ago, jjdmom8 said:

I thought that we only needed the card given when we got the vaccine? Has that changed? We sail week from Saturday.. 

I'm asking because BF lost his original card.  He got his vaccines at WalMart and he can pull it up by the app which shows a QR code.  I just want to make sure I have something in hand for our trip in September.  

45 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

I'm asking because BF lost his original card.  He got his vaccines at WalMart and he can pull it up by the app which shows a QR code.  I just want to make sure I have something in hand for our trip in September.  

We sent an email to request a search for my husband's record this morning and he got a call a few hours later. They quickly emailed some paperwork to him. I don't know if Carnival will accept just that but it has all the information.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dallasdan said:

My friends just returned from a Vista cruise.  They said no one scrutinized their vaccine cards.  Said the person looked at the card for 3 seconds and that was it.  Also, in Texas it will take 14 business days to request a copy of your vaccine records.  60 days if your request is during August and September.    

Because I am so insanely paranoid about not being able to get on MG in 3 days, I went by my grocery store that gave me the vax. They printed out my record from the state. So, I am keeping our vax cards and my husband is keeping our state record.  Two copies. Even if we lose one, we should be okay.

• Like 1

I did a little googling and found South Carolina Dept of Health & Environmental Control (dhec), sent an email, got a response within an hour requesting an address to mail my vaccination record.  I provided my name and birthdate.  So far, so good!

• Like 1

I wonder if Carnival has turned anyone away yet with original CDC cards deemed to have some issue. I'd imagine that they would probably just subject (highly) questionable folks to a rapid test and go from there.

Tom

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I did a little googling and found South Carolina Dept of Health & Environmental Control (dhec), sent an email, got a response within an hour requesting an address to mail my vaccination record.  I provided my name and birthdate.  So far, so good!

What?! Our health department did something right for a change? Amazing! I went there directly to get a copy of my vaccination card and they denied me. Was quite annoyed with the experience. They claimed they had no extra cards and they had to wait on the CDC specifically to come hand them new cards. 

17 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

What?! Our health department did something right for a change? Amazing! I went there directly to get a copy of my vaccination card and they denied me. Was quite annoyed with the experience. They claimed they had no extra cards and they had to wait on the CDC specifically to come hand them new cards. 

I was requesting a vaccination record, not a card so maybe that's a horse of a different color.... email simon@dhec.sc.gov and see if they can assist you👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

I was requesting a vaccination record, not a card so maybe that's a horse of a different color.... email simon@dhec.sc.gov and see if they can assist you👍

Much appreciated! That is what probably made a difference for you. Fortunately I’ve already resolved my issue and went on my cruise. However, definitely gonna keep that email address handy, ya never know. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Because I am so insanely paranoid about not being able to get on MG in 3 days, I went by my grocery store that gave me the vax. They printed out my record from the state. So, I am keeping our vax cards and my husband is keeping our state record.  Two copies. Even if we lose one, we should be okay.

That's what I am doing too.  I am taking a printed record from our state and our vaccination cards.  It's probably overkill, but I like to over plan.  LOL.

• Like 2

I have learned so much from these boards as Im also concerned regarding what I had.  Just a piece of paper with stickers of vaccine.  No CDC card.   From the information I received on the boards, I emailed Walgreens that provided the vaccine clinic and also our state site to get all my vacs.    I have not heard back from the state yet, but this AM I received a call from the Walgreens manager that he has a CDC card with all the information for me and Im picking it up in the morning.   I also went to the ca.gov site to request my digital vaccine record and was sent that.   I think I have all that I will need.  Appreciate all the help these boards provide. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Girlincube said:

I went on my state department of health site and was able to download my vaccine information (actually all of my vaccines for my entire life.....) 

I'm sure your state or country has something similar 

Lol not Connecticut 

I live in Georgia but got my shots in the cafeteria of a hospital by volunteers in Tennessee, where I work.  Any one have a notion if I need to contact the Tennessee state department because that is where the shots were administered or the one in Georgia since that is where I reside?

On 8/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, freewilly said:

Carnivals website instructions for vaccinated cruisers request you provide contact info from your vaccination site. I like millions of others went thru a drive thru set up by the local health dept at a major venue here. I am wondering if this will be an issue.  

The health department will have a record that will probally shared with other medical. I got my vaccine in another state but I guess my insurance shared it with my primary medical doctor and now in electronic medical record. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo