The Daily for Thursday August 05, 2021

richwmn

Happy Anniversary @cunnorl and @bobpatj  Wishing you all a lovely evening. 🍾  💐

@smitty34877...that wave!!!  What a sweetheart!

@ger_77, you and your friend are in my thoughts.  Prayers that all goes well and that there is good news from the doctors.  That's a tough process.

@NextOne, how distressing about DDIL!   Extra prayers coming your way.

@garlictown, I sure have enjoyed your Maui photos.  That's one of my favorite places and the photos had such a great air of "normalcy" about them.  Truly gives one hope.  Thanks for that.

I'm solidly in the loop on the collection of days, as last night I tried to book the summer dog camp excursion in Alaska, after reading a good review here.  Those are real working dogs!  Sadly, that excursion is full, so instead we are going out to the oyster farm to see the operation and have some tastings.  Love me some oysters!

Amidst all the vaccine, testing, cancel, not cancel chaos, wishing all a blessed afternoon.

Thank you to all who contribute to the Daily.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Crazy For Cats said:

Just heard from one of the shops that a float plane went down.  No idea if passengers were on board

Oh dear, that's terrible; I hope everyone is okay!  

@NextOne sending prayers and good wishes for your DDIL, hoping there's light at the end of that long tunnel.

@bobpatj Happy 60th Anniversary to you - let the love and laughter continue!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 7

This may be a fix to the problem with the like button reacting to posts.  At DH's suggestion I cleared the browsing history on Chrome on my android tablet.  

In case you are like me, and need instructions, here is what you do, click on the 3 little dots on the top right of the screen, then select history.  On my tablet it showed the browsing history for CC.  Then, click on  the blue line that say "clear browsing history".  The next screen gives you three choices to clear, but the browsing history is all you need to select.  At the bottom right, you will need to press clear.

I can't guarantee this is a fix, but it worked when I tried it.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@bobpatjHappy Anniversary! It is our anniversary also but we are newlyweds compared to you!  Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. It makes me happy to have such great CC friends.

Happy Anniversary to the newlyweds! 😉

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This may be a fix to the problem with the like button reacting to posts.  At DH's suggestion I cleared the browsing history on Chrome on my android tablet.  

In case you are like me, and need instructions, here is what you do, click on the 3 little dots on the top right of the screen, then select history.  On my tablet it showed the browsing history for CC.  Then, click on  the blue line that say "clear browsing history".  The next screen gives you three choices to clear, but the browsing history is all you need to select.  At the bottom right, you will need to press clear.

I can't guarantee this is a fix, but it worked when I tried it.

Lenda

I hope this posts. I have been unable to post for two days and just cleared my browsing history. Fingers crossed

Edited by superoma
Too many quotes!
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

This article mentions that it is a flightseeing plane with six people aboard.

Search underway near Ketchikan for missing flightseeing plane with six people aboard - Anchorage Daily News (adn.com)

Unfortunately, Nieuw Amsterdam is alone in Ketchikan today so it is probably people with HAL.  Prayers being offered.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4