Princess Cruises Announces 2023 Alaska Cruises & Cruisetours Program

Astro Flyer

Six MedallionClass® Ships, Including the New Discovery Princess, Sail from Four Departure Ports to the Sought-After "Great Land"

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-announces-2023-alaska-cruises-cruisetours

The 2023 Alaska cruises and cruisetours season, on sale Aug. 18, features six MedallionClass ships, including the cruise line's newest Discovery Princess, returning to Alaska for a second season. With 145 departures, 14 unique itineraries, five glacier viewing experiences and departing from four convenient departure ports, cruise offerings include:

• Voyage of the Glaciers from Vancouver, B.C. or Anchorage (Whittier): Majestic Princess, Sapphire Princess and Grand Princess sail the top-rated, seven-day itinerary that features two glacier viewing experiences including Glacier Bay National Park. 
  • Inside Passage from Seattle: Discovery Princess, the newest ship in the fleet, and Crown Princess, return to the Emerald City with seven-day Inside Passage voyages. 
  • Inside Passage from San Francisco: Ruby Princess sails this 10-day cruise, roundtrip from the City by the Bay, with a once-in-a-lifetime experience of sailing under the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. 

Combined with a Voyage of the Glaciers cruise, guests can experience Alaska's top-two attractions – Glacier Bay National Parkand Denali National Park – by choosing from 24 cruisetour itineraries, ranging from three to 10 nights on land, before or after the cruise.

No surprises here. Essentially a cut/paste/repeat of the core 2022 Alaska program.  I don’t expect we’ll see much out of the box itinerary planning from Princess in the next few years due to the reduced fleet and no new tonnage (post Discovery) immediately available for expansion. 

16 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No Grand round trip from Los Angeles.  Bummer.  Thanks for posting 2023.

Where's the Coral?

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On a 107-day World Cruise roundtrip Auckland, NZ beginning on 5/31/23.

Thanks for that info. My wife keeps trying to cruise to Icealand. The last one we booked was cancelled. It was on Island which is not the ship I want to cruise. I see the same cruise available in 2022 but, again, it's on Island. Using the info you posted above I see a 21 day WC Segment from London to New York on Coral Princess that visits Iceland in July of 2023. Excellent!  I put it on my "saved" list.

We're odd folks. Rather than booking a balcony, we love sailing Coral Princess in an aft OV cabin on Baja Deck. We use the entire aft viewing deck as our balcony. It gets a surprisingly small amount of use. I've tried to look in the window of our cabin and can't see inside during the day as long as the sheer curtains are pulled. At night we obviously close the heavy curtains. It's a wonderful place to have a drink while getting ready for dinner or whatever. We've watched dolphins playing in the wake in the evenings. Our cabin window is the first one just past the door.

Coral Princess - Baja Aft Viewing Deck.jpg

• Like 4

Thrak....I have found it dangerous to reveal these wonderful cabins.  But you make a very good case for traveling on the Coral Princess.  I have Iceland on deposit with the Sky Princess 2022.  Not looking favorably at this happening.  She's much too big for these small ports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We're odd folks. Rather than booking a balcony, we love sailing Coral Princess in an aft OV cabin on Baja Deck. We use the entire aft viewing deck as our balcony. It gets a surprisingly small amount of use. I've tried to look in the window of our cabin and can't see inside during the day as long as the sheer curtains are pulled. At night we obviously close the heavy curtains. It's a wonderful place to have a drink while getting ready for dinner or whatever. We've watched dolphins playing in the wake in the evenings. Our cabin window is the first one just past the door.

Coral Princess - Baja Aft Viewing Deck.jpg

I completely agree with you. 👍

A few years ago we sailed B2B 7-day Alaskan cruises in an aft Baja deck interior cabin just steps from this area. Before the cruise a buddy said we would have a great balcony to view the scenery. When we saw this great area we understood what they said it…an uncrowded wind protected deck which was sadly removed from Island to add more cabins.

While it’s disappointing to not have standard itineraries on Coral in that year, I’d think that those sailing the World Cruise are jumping for joy. 😃

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Using the info you posted above I see a 21 day WC Segment from London to New York on Coral Princess that visits Iceland in July of 2023. Excellent!  I put it on my "saved" list.

I didn’t notice that itinerary…it’s great! 👍

I’ve also saved it but like keeping that Baja viewing deck a secret, let’s not tell anyone. 🤫☺️

It’s Currently Not Available but will check regularly to see when it’s available & hoping that doesn’t really mean it’s soldout. 😟

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I didn’t notice that itinerary…it’s great! 👍

I’ve also saved it but like keeping that Baja viewing deck a secret, let’s not tell anyone. 🤫☺️

It’s Currently Not Available but will check regularly to see when it’s available & hoping that doesn’t really mean it’s soldout. 😟

Must be looking to sell as many cabins as possible first for the full WC or the two 55-night halves.  Another good one could be the segment from Dubai to Dover (and then keep going to NYC).

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with the previous posters that it is hugely disappointing that there is no round trip LA-Alaska.  I was on the Royal before the Covid shut down and it’s a great cruise for those of us who like sea days.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:41 PM, Thrak said:

We're odd folks. Rather than booking a balcony, we love sailing Coral Princess in an aft OV cabin on Baja Deck. We use the entire aft viewing deck as our balcony. It gets a surprisingly small amount of use.

I used a similar strategy on the other end of the Island and it was an incredible find. We had all of the comforts in our mini-suite and the only time we had companions on our deck was on the day we transited the canal.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, Thrak said:

We're odd folks. Rather than booking a balcony, we love sailing Coral Princess in an aft OV cabin on Baja Deck. We use the entire aft viewing deck as our balcony. It gets a surprisingly small amount of use. 

Good to know as going to be on the Coral for Papua New Guinea in January 2023 and Brisbane round trip to Hawaii visiting many destinations in September 2023.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, Thrak said:
Edited by Loki S

13 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

I have to agree with the previous posters that it is hugely disappointing that there is no round trip LA-Alaska.  I was on the Royal before the Covid shut down and it’s a great cruise for those of us who like sea days.

One of the outcomes from reducing the fleet size due to the pandemic.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:21 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

No Grand round trip from Los Angeles.  Bummer.  

On 8/6/2021 at 1:02 PM, mcrcruiser said:

Yeah that is a huge disappointment 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, LawDog61 said:

I may have taken too many Cockeyed Optimist Pills, but the one glimmer of hope for a Los Angeles-Alaska roundtripper is the fact that Princess has not released any Los Angeles departures for any of Sep.-Dec. 2023.  Mrs. XBGuy and I have taken this itinerary three times, and the worst one was wonderful.

15 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

The website does not have any L.A. departures from June-December of 2023

True.  Typically, there are no Los Angeles departures, at all, during the summer months.  Then, in Sep or Oct Princess starts offering intineraries--Hawaii, Mexico, and Coastal--out of Los Angeles.  Those are the ones I am not seeing.  I assume that there will be such cruises in 2023, but they have not been announced, yet.  I know that I am being wildly optimistic, but I have this faint glimmer of hope that they might offer one end-of-season AK R/T before dedicating a ship to these other traditional autumn/winter itineraries.

• Like 1