Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

1 minute ago, pms4104 said:

Your description is hilarious! 

Can't say you"re right or wrong, as I've never had one nor would I pay Princess $15 for one.

Thanks - I agree with you about paying $15 for ground up lobster !

People have suggested Amazon purchased bracelets  or other holders…very inexpensive. Anybody using?  Any  links most helpful  Thx
T his was supposed to have the photos of the bracelets, pendants etc attached. I did it wrong! 

Edited by muffin
Screwed up

2 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

A good lobster roll is not ground up lobster. It's chunks of fresh lobster, many times claw meat, and absolutely delicious. 

2 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

A good lobster roll is not ground up lobster. It's chunks of fresh lobster, many times claw meat, and absolutely delicious. 

Not for $15 !

Have you any idea what a fresh "free range" lobster costs?

It is impossible to supply sustainably sourced lobster claw meat at a price that allows Princess to sell lobster rolls for $15.

You are buying lobster "trim".

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - as a Brit, I have to ask - what are lobster rolls? Ive seen photos,  and they seem to be mechanically recovered bits of lobster in a bun. Not exactly appetising - just bits of left over lobster squeezed into a roll.

Am I wrong?

Very popular and invented in New England. Of course I actually liked whippy peas, peri peri sauce and haggis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for showing all those menu features.  Some new things there.  I have read that CrewCall works quite well.  I would certainly try it for something straight-forward as opposed to go to the PSD.

I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but CrewCall has been hit and miss in my experience. I reached out shortly after we embarked and waited about 15 minutes for a response before giving up and calling directly. I had a repeat performance yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I like the idea of "whippy" peas!

Peri Peri sauce, is, as you know, Portuguese,  so I'm not sure why you included that.

Only had it while in England for a couple months. Now you're gonna tell me curry isn't English.

I did love driving all over your Country.

1 hour ago, redrobin said:

That’s what I thought would happen, but I was not charged anything?? 

I believe what the app shows is the price of the drink plus the gratuity ($10.80 + 18% $1.95 = $12.75).  Since the plus package includes the gratuity and the actual price of the drink is less than $12 it was correct that there was no charge.  

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Regarding drinks, I just counted. On the app, under beverages, there are 37 different martinis, listed alphabetically from 007 to Vesper, all under $12. 

4722C082-45FA-4143-9937-DAED99B9F9B0.thumb.jpeg.6032a8934bb587de423bfe8bca0d7be1.jpeg

Is Breakfast at Tiffany’s listed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Regarding drinks, I just counted. On the app, under beverages, there are 37 different martinis, listed alphabetically from 007 to Vesper, all under $12. 

Quantum of Solace available? 

29 minutes ago, redrobin said:

37 different martinis/7 days = 5.3 per day. Sounds like a challenge for people with Princess Plus. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Do not see Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Quantum of Solace,  unless they are called something else on the app? 

Breakfast at Tiffany’s is Marmalade, Cointreau and Blue Sapphire.   We attended a Gin Tasting on one of our Suez Canal trips as has been my go to ever since.

Thanks for checking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redrobin said:

Do not see Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Quantum of Solace,  unless they are called something else on the app? 

Thanks for checking - Quantum of Solace was Absolute Citron, chambord and grapefruit juice. Hopefully I can find a bartender who remembers the recipe. How about a French martini? 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

Your description is hilarious! 

Can't say you"re right or wrong, as I've never had one nor would I pay Princess $15 for one.

There is also mayonnaise holding the lobster bits together.  Not a fan myself.

1 hour ago, redrobin said:

Now there's a challenge for you... 😁