Schedule massage before or during cruise (Infinity)

zitsky

Does it usually make a difference when you book a spa treatment / massage? Either before or during the cruise?  I could do it now but I'm wating for some travel agent OBC to kick in so it would be nice to wait. But if the spa books up pretty quickly I'd rather do it now.  It is makes a difference, I'll be on the Infinity, but not soon.

We usually don’t book special dining, massages, pretty much anything except special ship tours prior. Not sure of what/when we want to do stuff until we get on board, and there are discounts such as when in port and at various times when they aren’t being booked up. 

But others like to have their schedules set. Haven’t really looked at pre-cruise massages to see if there are nice discounts, so that is a consideration. If yes, you can book one, then change it when on board if there is a reason to move it. I assume (yes, we all know that also stands for) that isn’t a problem with pre-bookings.

den

Although this was not the case on Equinox last week, when the ships are fully booked, it is generally cheaper to boom massages while on board and during a day in port.

sea days get fairly booked up.

That was before Covid though. Have yet to understand the impact of Covid on personal spa treatments.

26 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Although this was not the case on Equinox last week, when the ships are fully booked, it is generally cheaper to boom massages while on board and during a day in port.

sea days get fairly booked up.

That was before Covid though. Have yet to understand the impact of Covid on personal spa treatments.

Yes that's a good point about Covid.  I don't know how relaxing it would be to get a massage from someone wearing plastic gloves!

14 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Yes that's a good point about Covid.  I don't know how relaxing it would be to get a massage from someone wearing plastic gloves!

Why would they need to wear gloves? I've been getting regular massages from my RMT, and while we are both masked, and she has to follow strict sanitation protocols,  the massage is no different than it's ever been.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mom says said:

Why would they need to wear gloves? I've been getting regular massages from my RMT, and while we are both masked, and she has to follow strict sanitation protocols,  the massage is no different than it's ever been.

I don't know.   Covid maybe?  That's what I thought when I posted it.

Edited by zitsky

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

We each had 3 massage treatments on our July 30 Millenium cruise.  No gloves.  All clients have to wash their hands. The masseuse had on a mask, we did not. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks all.  I think I'll book in advance for a sea day.  Maybe do a second day if I get a discount on board.

Good plan...they do  offer discounts and  deals on combos as the cruise progresses.

Agree with the other posters. I always wait till I'm onboard to get the port day special but you aren't going to get the standard treatments. It's usually a combo massage/facial or body wrap deal that are shorter lengths of time. If you specifically want a 60 or 90 minute massage, especially on a sea day, there's no advantage to waiting to book.

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Good plan...they do  offer discounts and  deals on combos as the cruise progresses.

Not necessarily right now. There were no published deals on the Summit last week.