Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

52 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

This was the fun part of the app onboard.  It seemed that room service drinks were not included in my package ... but I ordered whatever I wanted delivered to the room and there was no extra 'outside the package' charge.  On my birthday, I ordered sparkling wine, chocolate cake and milk about 10pm, that was fun; they were amazingly quick.  The power of a smile, a sincere thank you and a nice tip never fails to amaze me.

What package did you have?  The Plus and Premier packages both include room service alcoholic drinks delivery.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, Steelers36 said:

Find Carmen's page on FB.  Same idea as John Chernesky used to do and she is accompanied by the same woman (sorry, forget her name) who used to do the webinars with John.

Don't have FB but used to be able to watch Chernesky's webinars anyway. Hopefully someone will post a link when it's available.

On 7/24/2023 at 1:01 PM, Thrak said:

Don't have FB but used to be able to watch Chernesky's webinars anyway. Hopefully someone will post a link when it's available.

Does anyone have a link yet? Despite searching, I can't seem to find where to watch this.

I don't have a FB account but, if I simply google "Carmen Roig Princess Cruises Webinar" I get multiple results. The "event" being discussed will be on Thursday, July 27 as 11:00 PST (adjust time as needed for your locale). I'll just google for it and, even without an account, I will be able to check it out.

• Like 2

Once I find her on FB, is it obvious how to get to the webinar? I don't navigate FB very well.  Rookie, not a power user! And I'm not an agent, is it accessible to everyone? Love this thread, BTW.

3 hours ago, Cruzbw said:

Once I find her on FB, is it obvious how to get to the webinar? I don't navigate FB very well.  Rookie, not a power user! And I'm not an agent, is it accessible to everyone? Love this thread, BTW.

Just google for the webinar and use the resulting link. I have zero idea about FB as I have never had an account. I did the same for Chernesky's webinars. Just looked for a link and clicked on it. It took me to his FB webinar.

On 7/7/2023 at 6:07 AM, Steelers36 said:

Although we have no direct reports, it makes no sense to me that they would offer a WMD for $40 when they have announced a new one for $140.  The wines provided in either case is a similar situation and the new one would not be worth another $100.  OTOH, the old one at $40 is way under-priced, so it seems hard to believe any ship would be offering it today.

Yes, I would like to know as well.  It could be that anyone interested is booking the CTL as why pay extra for the new WMD?

The formally $40 one is now $45 and features Stirling wines.  The $140 one has Caymus wines.
Remains to be seen if they are both offered on all sailings.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

The formally $40 one is now $45 and features Stirling wines.  The $140 one has Caymus wines.
Remains to be seen if they are both offered on all sailings.

Even so, isn't there just the one wine of real value in the Caymus selection?  Last WMD I was at had Mondavi Reserve Cab - similar to Caymus in price bracket I think (without checking).  Anyway, we all have to wait and see what develops.

When trying to reserve a (general)   sharing table in Dine My Way, it seems I have to eat early before 6:20, anything after that it needs to be a private table for 2, or at least it does if I want a time around 7:30.

My holiday is 10 months away so I assume the dining rooms are not getting booked up just yet, so what is the problem?

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

When trying to reserve a (general)   sharing table in Dine My Way, it seems I have to eat early before 6:20, anything after that it needs to be a private table for 2, or at least it does if I want a time around 7:30.

My holiday is 10 months away so I assume the dining rooms are not getting booked up just yet, so what is the problem?

IMO, 10 months away isn't that long especially for evening dining requests.  

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It is impossible to really know what is going on in DMW, what inventory it is working with these days, etc.  Best thing is to ask after boarding at the DR's with DR Mgmt if you have no success in DMW.  You can be accommodated for sure if after a sharing table each night.  Do not expect to see the same tablemates each evening, however.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is impossible to really know what is going on in DMW, what inventory it is working with these days, etc.  Best thing is to ask after boarding at the DR's with DR Mgmt if you have no success in DMW.  You can be accommodated for sure if after a sharing table each night.  Do not expect to see the same tablemates each evening, however.

That's the best thing about what used to be Anytime Dining, you usually had different table mates every night, which meant we had a variety of table mates that the old fixed dining did not provide.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That's the best thing about what used to be Anytime Dining, you usually had different table mates every night, which meant we had a variety of table mates that the old fixed dining did not provide.

Well you should like the new then as your table mates will be random and so could the table size as DMW does  not provde for guest to elect table size.  You can also do walk up which is like the old ATD.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Well you should like the new then as your table mates will be random and so could the table size as DMW does  not provde for guest to elect table size.  You can also do walk up which is like the old ATD.

You can and we did on our recent cruise, but the DR staff always wanted to push us onto a table for 2, and never seemed to have a sharing table open, and dragged their feet about starting a new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SitStaySail said:

The webinar can be viewed on You Tube 

There were no changes announced for DMW app, MDR dining, reservations, dining style, etc.

It was all about changes to designating free dining versus casual dining with charges.

The big change is that Alfredo's/Gigi's will no longer be free, but have a la carte pricing in menu as well as a full meal flat rate.  These costs will be waived for guests who are on Plus/Premier cruise packages as long as they have paid at the $60/$80 price level or upgrade to it.

Other casual dining venues that had menu pricing will now be free for Plus/Premier.  Plus guest get to use these locations for free 2X per voyage.  Premier is unlimited. 

A lot of people are going to be unhappy about having to pay for elevated pizza, but it's a sign of the times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SitStaySail said:

The webinar can be viewed on You Tube 

The other big change is for the Ocean Now Medallion feature where guests can order drinks and snacks to wherever they are located via Medallion tracking.  This will now cost $15 per booking to utilize the service for your voyage.  It is now included in Plus/Premier - as long as paid $60/$80.

Also, Room Service no longer free.  $5 per usage.  Free for Plus/Premier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The big change is that Alfredo's/Gigi's will no longer be free, but have a la carte pricing in menu as well as a full meal flat rate. 

Any idea when that's to be implemented?  Thanks for the synopsis.

I see you added about a fee for room service.  Same timeline?

Edited by julie3fan

8 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

Any idea when that's to be implemented?  Thanks for the synopsis.

I see you added about a fee for room service.  Same timeline?

Rolling out on all ship during August.  There is a schedule.  I don't have a legible copy.  Have not checked if on Princess.com news releases or only in One Source (I do not have access).

@Coral, can your source possibly get you the roll-out schedule for the new casual dining and service delivery fees for the fleet?  I know it is happening on staggered dates throughout August.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Rolling out on all ship during August.  There is a schedule.  I don't have a legible copy.  Have not checked if on Princess.com news releases or only in One Source (I do not have access).

@Coral, can your source possibly get you the roll-out schedule for the new casual dining and service delivery fees for the fleet?  I know it is happening on staggered dates throughout August.

I am in my phone now. Someone posted it on post #236 on other thread.

I am out of town now so won’t be able to post anything until tonight.

Edited by Coral

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am in my phone now. Someone posted it on post #236 on other thread.

I am out of town now so won’t be able to post anything until tonight.

NP.  That extract from somewhere was basically illegible since it was so tiny and out of focus.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

NP.  That extract from somewhere was basically illegible since it was so tiny and out of focus.

I will try later to get something. Hopefully someone posts before I get home.