Princess cancels my Sept. 26/21 cruise

007colocruz

7 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did you book through TA or Princess directly?  It sounds like final payment wasn't made.  Is there a minor on your reservation?  Please let us know what you find out.

Booked directly through Princess. Paid in full same day. Booked EZ air online. Selected seats. All was correct for past 2 weeks. 
2 adults. Vaccinations done. Green banner & checkmarks. 
no reason except

i called last week, on hold a long time asked questions about cruise with confidence. 
told me only

Applies if Princess cancels

put me on hold, hour later line went dead. 

waiting to hear from my roll call 

getting to be too much hassle. But I’d like to know what is going on. 

bioking is gone from personalizer. Air is gone from airline, app is removing things my cabin number is gone, green banner is gone. And I can’t get into Personalizer right now 

Edited by 007colocruz

15 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I hope you can get some resolution.  I know this must be upsetting.  I am not much help as I have no cruises until 2022, but, at this crazy hour I want to let you know someone is listening.

Not really upsetting. Shocked that there is no explanation 

I put same cabin on hold just now while I wait to hear why Princess cancelled us. 
We had business class seats with EZ air & I am not willing to pay that $500 more. 
Until pandemic I usually booked through a TA. I was not using a PVP 

SABRINA was Princess agent who told me “Cruise With Confidence “ only applies when Princess cancels cruise. 

58 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

Not really upsetting. Shocked that there is no explanation 

I put same cabin on hold just now while I wait to hear why Princess cancelled us. 
We had business class seats with EZ air & I am not willing to pay that $500 more. 
Until pandemic I usually booked through a TA. I was not using a PVP 

SABRINA was Princess agent who told me “Cruise With Confidence “ only applies when Princess cancels cruise. 

While you are waiting for an explanation I would check the flights you had on the airlines website direct as well as other flight options, if any. I have found EZ Air are often not cheaper, so perhaps you may not have to pay $500 extra.

5 minutes ago, leck57 said:

While you are waiting for an explanation I would check the flights you had on the airlines website direct as well as other flight options, if any. I have found EZ Air are often not cheaper, so perhaps you may not have to pay $500 extra.

I have and the seats are for sale again $250 pp more and the ship cabin was available to book so I put it on hold. 
I emailed Princess for an explanation. 

1 hour ago, 007colocruz said:

I have and the seats are for sale again $250 pp more and the ship cabin was available to book so I put it on hold. 
I emailed Princess for an explanation. 

Just to clarify - you are saying that the price from the airline direct and EZ Air have both risen by $500? If that's the case I just wonder how Princess will make good.

Are there no other airlines that cover the route you require?

I'll certainly be interested in the Princess explanation, especially when you say that you had paid in full.

1 minute ago, leck57 said:

Just to clarify - you are saying that the price from the airline direct and EZ Air have both risen by $500? If that's the case I just wonder how Princess will make good.

Are there no other airlines that cover the route you require?

I'll certainly be interested in the Princess explanation, especially when you say that you had paid in full.

Princess has cancelled all of my booking 

yes, both the airline & EZ air will be $250 pp more to rebook it 

the BA midship balcony is the same fare to rebook it- I have it on hold at the moment 

interesting to see on the cancellation notification my cabin says Guaranteed BA and not my cabin number 

I had also had it no upgrade 

now the app is loading continuously & I can’t get back to my bookings 

I will come back to share what happened when/ if I get an answer 

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't understand why you emailed.  Who did you email?  This is not a MC App issue.  You should be calling in to Princess main number and speaking with a sales rep.

Do not worry 

I have emailed reservations with a copy of the cancellation notification. 

and I am waiting until they are Open to get through to the phone number they provided. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Interesting

11 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Oh my gosh NIGHTMARE I am so so sorry .

Really not going to worry. I just want to make sure a full refund 8k goes back to my credit card. It does say cancellation fees NONE  

thank you for your kind post. 

at this point I was only booked for 10 days, but will be a little disappointed to not go. 

You said they cancelled all of your bookings? How many did you have? This is a bizarre situation I've never heard of before. Let us know what happens after you speak to Princess. Just curious are you in the USA? If not could that be a reason.

Princess cancelled my September 26/21 7 day Alaska cruise 

they also

cancelled my EZ Air booking for my flight for this cruise. 

no reason was given

i did not ask for a cancellation. 

yes, weird, bizarre. 

paid by credit card July 31/21 in full

no. FCC

or OBC or promotion involved. 

posted because I wonder if others are getting cancelled. 

Edited by 007colocruz

I hope you will find a better TA moving forward.  I would not use Sabrina's help anymore.  I don't know who she is but from what you said, she does not seem to be a good TA.  I have cancelled my bookings for a week now and still have not yet getting the refund.  I will wait two more business days to call if it is still not showing up in my statement.

Edited by CeCe_

7 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did you book through TA or Princess directly?  It sounds like final payment wasn't made.  Is there a minor on your reservation?  Please let us know what you find out.

7 hours ago, 007colocruz said:

Booked directly through Princess. Paid in full same day. Booked EZ air online. Selected seats. All was correct for past 2 weeks. 
2 adults. Vaccinations done. Green banner & checkmarks. 
no reason ...

OP says they booked directly with Princess.

So sorry this is happening.  Do either of you use supplemental oxygen?  They are not allowing that right now.  That is the only thing I can think of other than having a B2B which you indicated you do not have.  So strange.  Please report back.   

4 minutes ago, John99 said:

I appears from reading prior posts your Canadian.  But that should not be a problem.  Following!

I think that may be the problem. It could be the airline won't let them fly to the USA or such. Canada changes it's policies based on the covid progress. The OP doesn't answer the question about their citizenship. Of course only Princess can explain what's going on.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1